Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all

The tempo of play from our offense is gonna help the oline this year. As is the head coach as a play caller.

The perception that Tannehill is some elite star qb is annoying.

He's good. Cutler is good.

He's far from great and so is Cutler. I don't see the difference.
Who said he is elite?

You simply said you were in the small minority of people who believe we have not taken a step backwards at the QB position and I happen to agree that you are.

No matter what happens this season Dolphin fans will be at each others throats. It is known.

Who said he is elite?

You simply said you were in the small minority of people who believe we have not taken a step backwards at the QB position and I happen to agree that you are.
Touché.

Just tired of the unwarranted praise for Tannehill. He's a good qb, nothing more and nothing less. Cutler will be fine.

I waited it seems like 10 years to get the QB I wanted. (we could have moved down to pick him, I forgot who we took instead)

Move on this when I get home from taking my uncle for a walk. This was a big funk up year IMO for the Dolphins.

Cutler and Tannehill both rank somewhere in the 20-25 range for starting QBs so this thread is like arguing which turd smells better.

I'd say more like 15 to 20, but I think the concept is correct. Either way, a team is going to need one of the league's best defenses to compete at a high level.

The perception that Tannehill is some elite star qb is annoying.

He's good. Cutler is good.

He's far from great and so is Cutler. I don't see the difference.

I think there is a big difference between elite and good. There is plenty of room between the two to distinguish between various QBs. I think there is an elite group of about 4 or 5, then a group of 10 to 12, then another group that are still good QBs.... I put Tannehill in the middle of the 2nd group but wouldn't bother to argue over 5 - 7 spots in the rankings because it is just opinion. I put Cutler near the top of the third group. Is that difference more significant than OL play? defense? skill players? That is the billion $ question.

The Tannehill has has shown up when the OL is healthy and the offense has gelled has been very, very good. The Tannehill that has shown up when the OL is a mess and everything is out of sync has still been no worse than average.

Here we are again for the 15th year in a row wondering about most of the OL. C, RG, LG, and RT are in question due to injuries or age. LT is question because of experience. It is an absolute joke that this organization cannot fix the OL.

I think there is a big difference between elite and good. There is plenty of room between the two to distinguish between various QBs. I think there is an elite group of about 4 or 5, then a group of 10 to 12, then another group that are still good QBs.... I put Tannehill in the middle of the 2nd group but wouldn't bother to argue over 5 - 7 spots in the rankings because it is just opinion. I put Cutler near the top of the third group. Is that difference more significant than OL play? defense? skill players? That is the billion $ question.

The Tannehill has has shown up when the OL is healthy and the offense has gelled has been very, very good. The Tannehill that has shown up when the OL is a mess and everything is out of sync has still been no worse than average.

Here we are again for the 15th year in a row wondering about most of the OL. C, RG, LG, and RT are in question due to injuries or age. LT is question because of experience. It is an absolute joke that this organization cannot fix the OL.
The NFL as a whole has terrible OL play, it's not a Miami issue it's a league issue.

Only 2 maybe 3 teams have good to great OL play. The other ones are exactly like Miami.

The NFL as a whole has terrible OL play, it's not a Miami issue it's a league issue.

Only 2 maybe 3 teams have good to great OL play. The other ones are exactly like Miami.

That was true for much of last season once the offense gelled. What was the result for QB play? 100.7 rating. 13 TDs, 5 INTs in 8 games. He was a top 10 QB over that stretch with average OL play.

That was true for much of last season once the offense gelled. What was the result for QB play? 100.7 rating. 13 TDs, 5 INTs in 8 games. He was a top 10 QB over that stretch with average OL play.
Yeah he had a good stretch. But it seems like every offseason we all go over a 6-8 game sample where RT "was elite". We don't need 6-8 games, we need 16.

He more than likely was going to win out like Moore did sans NE and probably had a better chance in Pitt than Matt did, not disputing that. I'm just tired of seeing Cutler slander when our very own Ryan is the same exact player.

Ryan Tannehill did no differently from that during the last 12 games of the year he played under Bill Lazor in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom