Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler better than Tannehill? No. This article says it all

And if we spend too high of a pick we will continue to neglect the other holes on the starting roster. Are you okay with continuing to roll with Pouncey? Our guards? Cam Wake? Our LBs? Ja'wuan James? Any DT not named Suh? IMO, it is the failure to properly address the OL that put the QB position back in question.

When you have the number of holes that the Dolphins have, you do not use a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a guy that you hope never sees the field.

If Cutler sucks, Miami doesn't draft a QB and Ryan has another setback . . . Everybody's job from the coaching staff and front office needs to be looked at.

It would be a disgrace.

We have burnt picks on busts plenty over the year. I have ZERO issue doing it at QB for a guy that A. Can provide quality depth and enough talent to make it a conversation to compete or even take over if Ryan doesn't take the steps or stuggles coming back from injury or B. Retains value to be traded down the road if that ends up being the option.

There are position players that are high quality littered throughout the draft but it is tried and proven that your success rate at QB is higher when you find the best prospect in round 1. I am perfectly fine doing that.

I personally don't get this debate between Tannehill and Cutler.

I mean, I'm sure most of us would prefer to have Ryan as our starter this season, doesn't mean we shouldn't root for Jay Cutler to have an amazing year.

At the end of the day, we had to turn to him out of necessity. That's it.

But if he has a great season and plays even better than Ryan did last year, as a Dolphins fan I will be super happy.

Who cares if he's better or worse than Ryan. He's our QB now, and we should all hope he can surprise us and have his best season yet.

If Cutler sucks, Miami doesn't draft a QB and Ryan has another setback . . . Everybody's job from the coaching staff and front office needs to be looked at.

It would be a disgrace.

We have burnt picks on busts plenty over the year. I have ZERO issue doing it at QB for a guy that A. Can provide quality depth and enough talent to make it a conversation to compete or even take over if Ryan doesn't take the steps or stuggles coming back from injury or B. Retains value to be traded down the road if that ends up being the option.

There are position players that are high quality littered throughout the draft but it is tried and proven that your success rate at QB is higher when you find the best prospect in round 1. I am perfectly fine doing that.

If Tannehill comes back, plays well and we have a crappy OL because Pouncey is hurt, James is hurt, and Bushrod retires, it would be a disgrace. Everyone's job needs to be looked at. If the defense continues to fail, everyone's job needs to be looked at.

It comes down to which you believe is more likely to sabotage the 2018 season, QB, OL, or defense. Barring some unexpected development on draft day (e.g. Tunsil), you pick among the best players that are available at a position of need.

I personally don't get this debate between Tannehill and Cutler.

I mean, I'm sure most of us would prefer to have Ryan as our starter this season, doesn't mean we shouldn't root for Jay Cutler to have an amazing year.

At the end of the day, we had to turn to him out of necessity. That's it.

But if he has a great season and plays even better than Ryan did last year, as a Dolphins fan I will be super happy.

Who cares if he's better or worse than Ryan. He's our QB now, and we should all hope he can surprise us and have his best season yet.

I haven't seen anyone root against Cutler.

I was waiting for a thread like this from the diehard Tannehill supporters. Why can't we all just root for the Dolphins no matter who is at the helm of the offense?

And I don't understand why people have to bash posters, unprovoked, who support our starting QB. And as someone who bashes RT relentlessly, you could follow your own advice.

I haven't seen anyone root against Cutler.
Fair enough. But why have this debate at all? I'm sure if Ryan was healthy he'd be our starting QB. Period.

Problem is, he is not. So why debate over who is better or worse out of the two, when the only thing that matters is that Cutler is our guy for now, since Ryan is injured.

IF Cutler plays well enough to spark a conversation at the end of the year over whether or not he should be our starter in 2018, that's a different thing.

But that hasn't happened yet, and it probably never will.

Right now arguing about who's the better QB is pointless, imo. Ryan is injured, Jay is not. So let's focus on rooting for the guy that will lead our offense this year, and hope that Ryan gets healthy for 2018.

As I said in the original post "I'll root like hell for Cutler". Also, in the poll a few weeks ago about who you would like as the starter if Tannehill is lost for the season, I voted for Cutler. He (IMO) was the best choice to step in for Tannehill. Believing that Tannehill is the best option in 2018 and beyond is not mutually exclusive with wanting Cutler to do well.
This ^^^

If our OL can not provide better protection and maybe open a running lane or two it matters little who our QB is IMO

You said a mouthful and it couldn't have been more evident than the 2nd half last night. Asiata reminds me of Tre Mason's rookie year with the Pats the last time we beat them. In the sense he could physically anchor, but inconsistent with pass blocking. He clearly needs a redshirt year, but he'll probably get thrown in there due to injury sometime this year.

Smith looks serviceable at tackle, but our interior still looks like an ass sandwich sans Pouncey...

And I don't understand why people have to bash posters, unprovoked, who support our starting QB. And as someone who bashes RT relentlessly, you could follow your own advice.
How do I bash RT relentlessly? You must have me mistaken for someone else. Get your facts straight before accusing.

Just as an aside. When Cutler threw that doomed screen pass while under pressure, why wasn't their a personal foul when he was hit. The hit was clean, but the defender drove him into the turf. I thought that was unnecessary, especially because it was the shoulder that was driven into the ground.
The officials were throwing flags on the phins from the get go. Does Harbaugh have that much pull with the NFL.

Cutler and Tannehill both rank somewhere in the 20-25 range for starting QBs so this thread is like arguing which turd smells better.

Back
Top Bottom