Day 1 Dolphins Press Conference/Miami turned down trades in 1st | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 1 Dolphins Press Conference/Miami turned down trades in 1st

Wish we would traded down like others have said... would think we would've gotten slightly more than Seattle got. Maybe a third and 5/6 instead of 7...

It's not even guaranteed he would've been snatched up.. still might've landed him. And the way the draft fell, we defintely could've got Willis still, or maybe gone with someone else in rd 2. I'll reserve my judgement until the whole thing plays out, but I'm worried.

As for Harris- I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now

What the hell does that even mean "room to grow"? Are you saying he will get physically larger? I suspect that would slow him down further. Are you saying he will get better? Playing against the Pats is not the same as beating up a Vanderbilt OT. I doubt that sets him up for "improvement". Bad pick. I'm sorry, it is what it is. Polian is dead on correct. Jordan Willis would have been a better pick if you had to have a pass rushing DE.

Both, physically larger and expand his repertoire... You can't teach that get off.

No one has the exact info on what Miami was offered by Atlanta. If it was the same as what Seattle got then I'd say it was a mistake to not pull the trigger. The draft is a crapshoot as it is so having as many picks gives you the chance to not **** up.

Overreact though as per usual.

What are the chances that it was less than what Seattle got?

You don't have to know for sure, but you can use your common sense...if you choose to do so.

If not..."per usual".

We know Atlanta offered at least their First round pick, 3rd round pick and 7th round, that's what they gave Seattle for the 26th pick and Rapaport mentioned Atlanta was trying to trade with Miami before our pick was made.

An extra 3rd and 7th and still could have had Reuben Foster or another pick. Bill Polian said he would not take Harris in the 1st round no matter what. Too small and not explosive enough, very few 4.8 forty guys pan out and the ones that do are usually much bigger.

Polian is a stubborn old dinosaur and thats why he lost his job

This last part in the video, I did not like. Dolphins did not even discuss what was being offered by other teams to move into the pick. As you could've told from the actual draft, they ran the pick right up. If you've got people interested in your pick, what's your damn hurry?!? Listen to what they are offering.

Chris Grier at end of clip: ""No and honestly, we really didn't talk much about what they were offering because this was a player that everybody in the building from personnel to coaches especially..I mean this was ... all of us were... If you see the video, everyone was going crazy""

Grier - "If you see the video, everyone was going crazy."

Just like when the defensive coaches were so excited they were "breaking down the walls" after the Jordan Phillips pick in 2015.

Small, slow, and weak do not sound like good traits for a defensive end, but maybe he's just a gamer.

Wish we would traded down like others have said... would think we would've gotten slightly more than Seattle got. Maybe a third and 5/6 instead of 7...

It's not even guaranteed he would've been snatched up.. still might've landed him. And the way the draft fell, we defintely could've got Willis still, or maybe gone with someone else in rd 2. I'll reserve my judgement until the whole thing plays out, but I'm worried.

As for Harris- I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now
Maybe the Dolphins didn't like Willis or think he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Atl wanted a pass rusher. And they got one. Who knows there target could have been Harris, but still traded up to get tak. Hope Harris works out. I don't see a problem to stick with getting a pass rusher if that was the plan all along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody has a crystal ball lets wait and see on harris.But of course I wanted foster.And I loved the thought of willis.We won't know what we have until he gets on the field.Iam praying he pans out for us.

So we had a chance to rectify the Carroo trade debacle and accrue more draft capital, but skipped the chance for a late-down situational defender . . .

Ouch.

A 1st, 3rd, and 7th...and we said no?

This is the same thinking that landed us Carroo...we had to get "our guy". Well that guy is no different than the next guy after him "Willis", and we get a chance to rectify a portion of last year's debacle. I was all about O-Line until I saw all the defensive talent slipping in the round. But Harris...and you said no to a trade?

In Gase We Trust my foot...

Coach the games guy...leave the talent evaluation to...oh my, we're screwed. :bobdole:

Gase doesn't make the pics. I don't know why people keep thinking this. Grier makes the pic after ok with with t-bum. Anyhow, this pick is silly. Just bad drafting all around. You don't take a one dimentional player who won't be on the field much in the the first round. In a LOADED draft with much better prospects all around and a team with D holes at every position and you turn down 3 pics for a situational pass rusher who's big production was 8 sacks his senior year and can't stop the run and NEVER WILL!!!

Oh t-bum. Just go back to hustling sports shakes. I don't care if Foster or anyone else was there or not, this is just not how you draft and the team WILL pay for this as Harris is a guaranteed NFL bust!! Malik Mcdowell will be the second pic, just watch. Another nfl bust.

So we had a chance to rectify the Carroo trade debacle and accrue more draft capital, but skipped the chance for a late-down situational defender . . .

Ouch.

Honestly, I wish Grier didn't even mention he had 2 offers to move down, I just think that would have been the right move.

... And yes we don't know the offers but you can use Seattle an approximate.

Gase doesn't make the pics. I don't know why people keep thinking this. Grier makes the pic after ok with with t-bum. Anyhow, this pick is silly. Just bad drafting all around. You don't take a one dimentional player who won't be on the field much in the the first round. In a LOADED draft with much better prospects all around and a team with D holes at every position and you turn down 3 pics for a situational pass rusher who's big production was 8 sacks his senior year and can't stop the run and NEVER WILL!!!

Oh t-bum. Just go back to hustling sports shakes. I don't care if Foster or anyone else was there or not, this is just not how you draft and the team WILL pay for this as Harris is a guaranteed NFL bust!! Malik Mcdowell will be the second pic, just watch. Another nfl bust.

We have to make the best of it now (he won't even start)...still, I had the empty, "I want a mulligan" feeling I had when we drafted Ginn.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Honestly, I wish Grier didn't even mention he had 2 offers to move down, I just think that would have been the right move.

... And yes we don't know the offers but you can use Seattle an approximate.

It would have come out sooner or later by the teams who offered. I would love to know what we turned down.

Back
Top Bottom