Did the light go on for Harris last night? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the light go on for Harris last night?

If you seriously premeditated an argument on a Fan message board I'd think twice who you call "young grasshopper" whatever that means lol I think it's funny that you think you know it all and literally argue with anyone and everyone. I just did 2011 texans. You think because you're older (I'm assuming) I dont know Dolphins history lol When I said let's agree to disagree, you just kept on at it. You do that a lot. Soooo...We can agree to disagree like I said the first time and not act like the "know it all" on a fan's message board lol You have your opinion I have mine. Simple as that. There's no winning opinions

Stating that we disagree is pointless, nobody is acting like they won anything, but the fact still remains your opinions are not based on observing the history of the NFL since you can't provide any examples; you just created an opinion that was convenient and favorable for a dolphin fan.

I understand you believe this but until you can provide an example of a team making that big of a jump from a change in scheme with no change in talent, its going to remain a biased opinion.

Wait. How does Wade Phillips tenure with Denver in '15 not qualify as an appropriate answer here? They jumped from 16 to 4 with just about the same roster.

Name one defensive end not named Joey Bosa that was great in their first year. There is a learning curve. He looks fine to me.

Whats an ED?

Erectile_4cc7cc_1604890.jpg

Wait. How does Wade Phillips tenure with Denver in '15 not qualify as an appropriate answer here? They jumped from 16 to 4 with just about the same roster.
I guess based on the terms I described that would be one, so I guess you got me. I would still stay Denver had more talent than we do and moving up 12 spots in ranking is to be expected if Wade Phillips is running that ship.

I think Harris will eventually be pretty good. He has to do a better job keeping the Lineman hands from getting inside of his pads until he gets stronger to where his swim move can knock the linemans hands off of him, OR he has to learn to time the swim move better to PREVENT the lineman's hands from getting on him in the first place. He has to learn to do a better job disguising his pass rush moves.... Always show the fastball in his case the outside speed rush, and adjust counter of of that. In one clip it looks like he made up his mind pre-snap that he was going to use the spin move and in the NFL that just will not work. He'll have to learn to be instinctive with his moves based on how the lineman reacts to the speed rush. Get up the field as fast as you can, lineman over compensates, BOOM spin move inside, Lineman doesn't get deep enough, BOOM bend and RIP around the edge. It'll come with time but the tools are there.

I didn't know much about him until the draft, but my preference for a pass rushing DE are the tall, rangy types only because the longer arms allow them to more easily disengage and also bat down balls when they can't get to the QB.
Doug Betters, Jason Taylor etc.
The shorter, compact types have to be exceptionally quick or exceptionally strong in order to disengage and make a play. Obviously, there are exceptions to both types.
When I read his pre draft analyses and watched some you tube highlights, I saw the same things I see in preseason. When he beats his guy off the snap, he gets pressure. However, once he's stopped, he just gets swallowed up and becomes a non factor. No counter moves or ability to disengage from the OT.

I understand you believe this but until you can provide an example of a team making that big of a jump from a change in scheme with no change in talent, its going to remain a biased opinion.

I really don't want to look up years of teams to find that dude lol The time it would take isn't worth debating over. The reason I said I disagree is because I find it almost impossible not to have had it happen and there's been an example (within 2-3 years ago) that was given. SOS gave an example from 2015. He did his research and quickly found one. Our Defense sucked last year no doubt or argument. Worst in franchise history. I don't believe it's a biased argument that I believe a scheme change would do wonders for our D. That's my opinion. You disagree that's all. To say there's NEVER been a D upgrade immensely due to a scheme change seems amazing. With all the years the NFL and the amount of teams have been around, mathematically it just seems impossible to deny. It's all good brother!! No reason to argue with a fellow Fin Fan over something that is not a big deal. PHINS UP Brother!!

Last edited:
Just Wade Phillips alone has brought the 1980 to 1981 Saints from 28 to 11. The 88' broncos from 27 to 4. The 94' Bills from 19 to 10. 2001 Falcons from 30 to 19. The 2003 Chargers from 30 to 13. Wade Phillips said "If your scheme or whatever it is you have doesn't allow the players -- especially the great ones -- to do what they do best, then you need to change. The better the player is, the more freedom we give him to do more things, because he'll tend to make better decisions than other players. It's not just about being more talented. We've always tried to do that." https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-a-history-of-quickly-making-defenses-great/

Just came in here for my daily check in to see if the light came on today? Anything yet? I'll check again tomorow.

I really don't want to look up years of teams to find that dude lol The time it would take isn't worth debating over. The reason I said I disagree is because I find it almost impossible not to have had it happen and there's been an example (within 2-3 years ago) that was given. SOS gave an example from 2015. He did his research and quickly found one. Our Defense sucked last year no doubt or argument. Worst in franchise history. I don't believe it's a biased argument that I believe a scheme change would do wonders for our D. That's my opinion. You disagree that's all. To say there's NEVER been a D upgrade immensely due to a scheme change seems amazing. With all the years the NFL and the amount of teams have been around, mathematically it just seems impossible to deny. It's all good brother!! No reason to argue with a fellow Fin Fan over something that is not a big deal. PHINS UP Brother!!

Just wanted to address the bolded part...

Not even close to the worst in franchise history. Yards given up is a horrible way to measure that defense. And actually, we were better in the clutch defensively than some of those ZT/JT squads if we want to get real.

Hate the scheme if you want, but the defense did enough for us last season with verrrrrryyyyyy limited talent.

Back
Top Bottom