Did the light go on for Harris last night? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the light go on for Harris last night?

Looks like a bust, but ofcorse time will tell that but he did absolutely nothing.

So a change in scheme is going to bring a 29 ranked defense to a top 15 defense ? thats just wishfully thinking, if we had a better defensive coordinator we would definitely see improvements but there's no magic scheme thats going to make us top 15 overnight.

Whats amazing is the fact our defense ranked 26th in 1997 and we moved all the way up to 3rd in 1998, that has to be one of the biggest turnarounds in NFL history.

Yes and it's happened before lol I think this talent of D is good enough honestly. We added players in the offseason. Our young players can and probably will get better. We have Reshad back. You even said yourself that defenses can get better "overnight"..Must've been a magic scheme lol

Yes and it's happened before lol I think this talent of D is good enough honestly. We added players in the offseason. Our young players can and probably will get better. We have Reshad back. You even said yourself that defenses can get better "overnight"..Must've been a magic scheme lol

Jimmy Johnson's 4-3 Stack.

Houston had many talented players in J.J Watt,Prime Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith, Jonathan Joseph,Conor Barwin and Glover Quinn; this a horrible example of a team lacking talent and vastly improving because of a change in scheme. I'm glad you noticed were not filled with talent on defense because for some reason many ppl on this board think we are.

Obviously you're referring to me lol I've never said "we're filled with talent" I said we have enough talent where a scheme change could bring us into the top half of the league. And like you proved yourself our Dolphins went from 26 to 3 because of switching to a 4-3 stack under JJ the next season which contradicts everything you're arguing. Did we really gain that much talent in the 1998 offseason to go up 23 spots? Did Timmons really look mediocre the other night? Howard hasn't looked legit? Nothing personal with Snoop but he HATES Kiko and Branch because of the money so getting him on board isn't hard. So we have Three premiere players on defense (1 HOF) (Suh, Wake, Reshad), 4 good starting caliber players on most teams (Kiko, Maxwell, Timmons, and Xavien), and 3 questionable starters (Phillips, Branch, and Hull). Until I came back on this site, I had no clue Dolphins fans had this much hate for Kiko after last year lol In 2011 The talented Texans defense included JJ Watt had 5 sacks, (prime) Mario played 5 games, Glover Quin had 0 ints, Smith had 6.5 sacks, Demeco had 66 tackles total and nothing else, Cushing, Barwin, and Joseph (Jason Allen had as many Ints) had good years but nothing special. If you look at that roster they really aren't that talented. Seeing that roster on D go from 29th to 4th makes the scheme issue seem legit.

And so can having a good experienced defensive coordinator
instead of a LB coach as your DC

Probably but let's give this guy a chance. I doubt anyone on here has done their Matt Burke research to truly understand him. It's only preseason lol Two preseasons ago it looked like we had a top 3 Defense lol

Probably but let's give this guy a chance. I doubt anyone on here has done their Matt Burke research to truly understand him. It's only preseason lol Two preseasons ago it looked like we had a top 3 Defense lol

giphy.gif

Obviously you're referring to me lol I've never said "we're filled with talent" I said we have enough talent where a scheme change could bring us into the top half of the league. And like you proved yourself our Dolphins went from 26 to 3 because of switching to a 4-3 stack under JJ the next season which contradicts everything you're arguing. Did we really gain that much talent in the 1998 offseason to go up 23 spots? Did Timmons really look mediocre the other night? Howard hasn't looked legit? Nothing personal with Snoop but he HATES Kiko and Branch because of the money so getting him on board isn't hard. So we have Three premiere players on defense (1 HOF) (Suh, Wake, Reshad), 4 good starting caliber players on most teams (Kiko, Maxwell, Timmons, and Xavien), and 3 questionable starters (Phillips, Branch, and Hull). Until I came back on this site, I had no clue Dolphins fans had this much hate for Kiko after last year lol In 2011 The talented Texans defense included JJ Watt had 5 sacks, (prime) Mario played 5 games, Glover Quin had 0 ints, Smith had 6.5 sacks, Demeco had 66 tackles total and nothing else, Cushing, Barwin, and Joseph (Jason Allen had as many Ints) had good years but nothing special. If you look at that roster they really aren't that talented. Seeing that roster on D go from 29th to 4th makes the scheme issue seem legit.

Lol I knew you would take the bait when I posted that, Listen young grasshopper Jimmy Johnson came in 1996 in which he drafted Daryl Gardener, Zach Thomas and Shawn Wooden,In 1997 we got Jason Taylor and Sam Madison,1998 we got Patrick Surtain and Kenny Mixon, so all of our stars came between that time. Jimmy Johnson understood what type of players he needed to run his defense and acquired the talent through the draft. Jimmy came in 1996 not 1998 in which he changed the scheme to 4-3 stack and added 5 pro bowlers to our defense. If you think you can find a situation where a huge boost in ranking happened just by changing the scheme and keeping the same talent, I'm all ears. If we had a change in scheme and kept the same talent I think a jump to the 18 to 23 range is more reasonable.

Your cherry picking stats to fit your argument, were talking about talent not stat production, the point is Wade Phillips superior scheme could work because they had a lot of talent on that defense.

I still don't know why Willis fell. He had elite measurables and production in a passing conference. He has kind of a lumbering first few steps, unlike Harris, so maybe they thought he'd get swallowed up. But his hand work and strength to turn a speed rush into a bull rush is impressive.

At Kansas state coaches had him play 15 pounds heavier, Willis dropped 15 pounds and destroyed the combine.

Your cherry picking stats to fit your argument, were talking about talent not stat production, the point is Wade Phillips superior scheme could work because they had a lot of talent on that defense.

I was just using them as an example to compare our talent and gave credit to the guys who actually did well that year. Okay so with the scheme and new Defensive coordinator we could be top 15. We could agree to disagree. I just believe we have the talent. It's not being used correctly as we see from the recent results.

Lol I knew you would take the bait when I posted that, Listen young grasshopper Jimmy Johnson came in 1996 in which he drafted Daryl Gardener, Zach Thomas and Shawn Wooden,In 1997 we got Jason Taylor and Sam Madison,1998 we got Patrick Surtain and Kenny Mixon, so all of our stars came between that time. Jimmy Johnson understood what type of players he needed to run his defense and acquired the talent through the draft. Jimmy came in 1996 not 1998 in which he changed the scheme to 4-3 stack and added 5 pro bowlers to our defense. If you think you can find a situation where a huge boost in ranking happened just by changing the scheme and keeping the same talent, I'm all ears. If we had a change in scheme and kept the same talent I think a jump to the 18 to 23 range is more reasonable.

If you seriously premeditated an argument on a Fan message board I'd think twice who you call "young grasshopper" whatever that means lol I think it's funny that you think you know it all and literally argue with anyone and everyone. I just did 2011 texans. You think because you're older (I'm assuming) I dont know Dolphins history lol When I said let's agree to disagree, you just kept on at it. You do that a lot. Soooo...We can agree to disagree like I said the first time and not act like the "know it all" on a fan's message board lol You have your opinion I have mine. Simple as that. There's no winning opinions

I was just using them as an example to compare our talent and gave credit to the guys who actually did well that year. Okay so with the scheme and new Defensive coordinator we could be top 15. We could agree to disagree. I just believe we have the talent. It's not being used correctly as we see from the recent results.

I understand you believe this but until you can provide an example of a team making that big of a jump from a change in scheme with no change in talent, its going to remain a biased opinion.

Back
Top Bottom