Do you think the Miami Hurricanes can beat the 2011 Miami Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think the Miami Hurricanes can beat the 2011 Miami Dolphins?

The Canes couldn't even beat Maryland and their WR screen...

Maryland: "Hey, we're going to run a WR screen on every play."

Canes: "How did you stop a WR screen?!?! I don't even..."

A pro team will always beat a college team. It's men vs. kids really.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

The Canes couldn't even beat Maryland and their WR screen...

Maryland: "Hey, we're going to run a WR screen on every play."

Canes: "How did you stop a WR screen?!?! I don't even..."

They were missing a lot of starters that game.

Look it up where? I'm going to have to see somebody who's been watching college football longer than 15 minutes vouche for the 2001 Miami Hurricanes as the best team ever.

You damn sure don't want to compare Miami to some of Bear's Alabama teams of the 60's and 70's.

The same website the list the greatest running back of all time and the greatest Quarterback of all time.

Huge playmakers today in the NFL. In college, those were just very gifted athletes. That team wasn't even coached for the most part. They were just flat better than everyone. Ken Dorsey ran that offense and DJ Williams called the shots on the defense. But when you start breaking down X's and O's and you're rolling over safties and Dorsey is trying to figure out who is coming in on a blitz, what his protections are, etc., that's where the college team gets DESTROYED in man's land.
I have to agree.The will to win doesnt kick in IMO til you gain some exceptional seasoning.Like you said these kids were just men among little,tiny,miniature boys.Your're talking about severely unchallenged kids playing against grown men?

Man,the first punch in the mouth,the Canes would b**** out before the end of the first quarter.

1933 Southern Conference Champions
1935 Southern Conference Champions
1936 Southern Conference Champions
1938 Southern Conference Champions
1941 Southern Conference Champions
1943 Southern Conference Champions
1944 Southern Conference Champions
1945 Southern Conference Champions
1952 Southern Conference Champions

Who you ask,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DUKE BLUE DEVILS

I guess I looked it up, I found several different lists of the top 10 teams of all time compiled by several different sources. I've seen the 2001 Miami team ranked anywhere from #1 to #5. Some of them have the '95 Huskers as the best team, some have John McKay's '71 USC team #1, some have the early 70's Nebraska team as the #1.... you get the point.

It's a matter of opinion depending on who's list it is, but I doubt anybody compiling those lists actually watched all of these teams play. They're basically just using points for and points against like I did, except they're not factoring in the level of competition they all faced. I tried to do that in order to provide better perspective, although it works for Bear's '61 Bama team too.

Agree with all you said....Its all opinion.

SFL

Coached by Wallace Wade.... former Alabama head coach.

My father was barely a sperm in this time frame let alone me. ha! Gandpa was layin' some pipe though!

A collection of Canes players now in the NFL would beat heck out of our Dolphins.
That is for sure.

You would be 110% incorrect.

The best college football team out there couldn't beat the Miami Dolphins, the Indianapolis Colts, or the St. Louis Rams.

No way, no how....especially the Miami Hurricanes.

Daniel Thomas is a machine with the football. That kid is not going down after first contact. That dude needs two and three guys to bring him down. Have you not seen how atrocious our defense is this season? We've improved over the last two weeks, but that defense is still hot garbage. Matt Moore would toast our secondary. Brandon Marshall would make Vaughn Telemaque his ***** for 60 full minutes. I've seen Vaughn Telemaque skateboarding around campus and I can tell you that he's a better skateboarder than a football player.

Cameron Wake would be the reason Jacory "Sticks" Harris leaves mid-field in an ambulance. Vontae Davis would pick him off six times.

You're talking about 19 and 20 year-old kids against PROFESSIONAL GROWN *** MEN.

This Miami Dolphins team would dump 70 on the Miami Hurricanes.

:lol: I've seen Telemaque skate around campus too. The worst though, is when I had a class with Jacory and saw him cheating...off of Whipple's son.

Also, anyone who refuses to believe the 2001 Canes aren't one of the, if not THE greatest team of all time, is either extremely biased or just a hater.

I would say yes. I think the Hurricanes would blow out the Dolphins. The Hurricanes have explosive, young, up and coming talent. The Dolphins are in disarray. The Dolphins would lose by 20 points. Im dead serious.

Come on man. Be serious. Maybe the 2001 Canes would give them a tussle but you're comparing PROs vs kids basically (although very talented).

Back
Top Bottom