Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

I want more than a 2 but if he’s getting paid top 5 money on the new terms with the new team I seriously doubt we can do better.

They may be sitting on dvps 5th year decision waiting on this to play out. When does that have to be decided?

Tag today could be in relation to timing for that and weighing options

I don't think anyone would pay a RD1 or 2 RD 1's that would be absurd.. maybe like a 3 and late pick or something would be what another team would possibly offer.

If they are gonna trade him try to get a 2 and a 4 out of it

That’s bout all I think you can squeeze out

Would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for him letting him walk. Hold to that in negotiations tbaum you bum

Worst case I guess you take the high 2 if you aren’t willing to pay him top 5 money to match

I agree with Jeff- its on the table.. but obviously they have made the decision internally that if they can't move him they will keep him and pay him for 2018.

Nobody's going to give Miami a good draft pick for a freaking slot receiver who is demanding a blockbuster contract and is currently franchise tagged.

He's going to be a Dolphin in 2018.

He's the best WR the fins have had in a very long time. I can't stand the people who bash his ypc... they obviously don't want the fins and how they use him. The dude can play and the dude can catch. . Not his fault the fins have him running 5 yards or less routes. I'm happy this tag was placed but I would have been happier if they extended him. I'm sure 13.5 mil per would get it done. U want cap room? Let's get rid of the dead weight. Pouncy=gone, Timmons =gone. Moore= gone. I Even wouldn't be mad if we let Suh walk... altho I'm not sure how much dead money we'd have. Guys like juice are hard to come by and other guys feed off his energy.

There’s another possible message that the quick decision to tag receiver Jarvis Landry sends to other teams, other than, “Don’t tamper with him next week.” And the message may be this: “Make us an offer.”

A league source tells PFT that the the quick tag is being interpreted as a desire by the Dolphins to trade Landry.

No trade can happen unless and until Landry signs the tender. As a practical matter, a trade is unlikely unless and until he’d agree to an acceptable long-term contract from the new team.

The challenge comes from calculating a long-term offer, given that Landry can sit tight and make more than $16 million in 2018, with the promise of a shot at the open market or a 20-percent raise in 2019.

Rumors of a potential Landry trade emerged last year. With Landry officially tagged as all teams prepare to head to Indianapolis, every team is on notice that Landry possibly could be had — if a deal can be worked out both with the player and his current team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/dolphins-may-be-trying-to-trade-jarvis-landry/

I don’t see where we are gonna have a lot of leverage in trade

If we make the decision not to match we either pay him $16 mil on the tag or take less compensation in trade

I’m probably going too far trying to land a 4th rounder too

I do think a 2 is still on the table though

So do you guys see some highly paid Phin’s players being cut or moved now that we’ve franchised Landry, or is TBaum doing a sign and trade here?

Oh yeah Chicago and San Fran aren’t giving us a top 10 pick for him and they’d be the primary trade candidates for him

Maybe Baltimore but I doubt they would like the contract

But Chicago or San Fran’s high 2 hmmm

At the end of all of this the odds of us replacing him with a better wr are gonna be almost that of acquiring a franchise qb in the draft.

Low indeed

Back
Top Bottom