Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

Oh yeah Chicago and San Fran aren’t giving us a top 10 pick for him and they’d be the primary trade candidates for him

Maybe Baltimore but I doubt they would like the contract

But Chicago or San Fran’s high 2 hmmm

SF traded that pick to NE for Jimmy G.

At the end of all of this the odds of us replacing him with a better wr are gonna be almost that of acquiring a franchise qb in the draft.

Low indeed
I don't think you need to replace him, just restructure the offense a bit. The lions post Calvin Johnson are a good example.

Led the league in receptions. Tied for 3rd in league in TD’s. Had the second highest passer rating when targeted in red zone last year. Ravens and Bears fans are pissed because they wanted him. Yet FH is pissed we are keeping him. Sounds about right.

All with none other than the inimitable Jay Cutler as his QB.

All I know is it took 20 years to find a high level wr. There’s a feeling of this is easily replaceable that bothers me. Too many years of watching scrubs like Bess and hartline and all that other trash butcher the position

I can’t go back there again

I would have preferred getting a long-term contract done, but this is a positive move nonetheless.

How about a swap with Cleveland...Our #11 plus Landry for their #4? Just thinking outside the box.

Cleveland can afford to give up the cash and picks for him. And I'd be hard pressed to think of a better security blanket for a rookie QB than Landry. Makes a lot of sense.

How about Landry and James[keep 5th yr option on him let ] to Cleveland for a 2nd and 3rd?
Cleveland has cap room need a reliable wr for new qb, and lone weak spot on line is rt..after losing M Schwartz
last year.They still have 2 1sts 1 2nd rd picks and their biggest needs will be met and still have major cap space.

How about Landry and James[keep 5th yr option on him let ] to Cleveland for a 2nd and 3rd?
Cleveland has cap room need a reliable wr for new qb, and lone weak spot on line is rt..after losing M Schwartz
last year.They still have 2 1sts 1 2nd rd picks and their biggest needs will be met and still have major cap space.

Create two big holes and only get mediocreland picks for it? No thanks.

Well **** it.

I doubt it’s a trade, that’s only happened a few times, but tagging him day one is suspect.

It’s gokng to be an interesting combine early FA period.

James is replaced by J.Davis and you would get 2 high picks not mediocreland picks.Cleveland picks 1st and 4th in 2nd rd.
Losing Landry doesnt create a big hole,spreads the ball out more like most winning teams do.Use your 2nd for a seam stretching
mismatch t.e. like Andrews,Gasiecki.or Goedart.Besides frees up ton of cap space

Back
Top Bottom