Dolphins Interested in Signing OT Sebastian Vollmer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Interested in Signing OT Sebastian Vollmer

leaning more towards signing a cb and perhaps a de if money permits, and targeting a OT in the draft... that would make our OL damn young, and cross your damn fingers we wouldn't have to worry too much about it for awhile...

I support this move a lot more than trading a 2nd round pick for Albert and committing a ton of money on him.

Been a big fan of Vollmer's since he came out of Houston. I would love to see him signed. He's good insurance if Jon Martin is getting Ryan Tannehill killed at left tackle. Vollmer played left tackle at Houston and played it initially with the Patriots and was even better there than at right tackle.

The injury issues are there with him. But they were there with Jake Long too. Nothing new.

He played 17 out of 18 games in 2012, 17 out of 17 games in 2010, and once he became a starter as a rookie in 2009 he played in 10 out of 12 games.

Most of the games he's missed were contained within the 2011 season. So when people say he missed 13 games over 4 years, that's not the whole story. It's not like he's just missing 3 or 4 games every single year. And the Patriots play more than 16 games every year, too.

Various "leaks" have Miami "interested" in nearly every starting caliber FA tackle.

Misdirection.

interested to see what move we make on the O-line......not sure if they trust J. martin at LT..... we will find out w/ this move

If the price is right this move supplies the added bonus of weakening the Pats, so I'm all in.

The club is closing in on finalizing a deal for Nate Garner, according to The Herald's Adam Beasley, but that is not the answer. Garner is viewed by the team as a solid and valuable backup tackle who can start in a pinch. But, again, he is not the long-term answer.

A club source told me this morning the team plans a corresponding move to upgrade the offensive line. That move isn't necessarily the signing of a left tackle. Indeed, the best offensive lineman on the market now is New England's Sebastian Vollmer, who is a right tackle.

It is possible the Dolphins go after Vollmer to upgrade at right tackle and move forward with Martin at left tackle. It must be noted that Vollmer comes with red flags. He missed all of training camp last year with back issues. He played throughout the season, even practicing during the week, but the back was constantly an issue for him.

He also suffered back issues in 2011.

So the Patriots have not bent over backwards (pardon the pun) to re-sign Vollmer.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...i-dolphins-tackle-direction.html#storylink=cp

i hope is dead, i dont want to make a trade just bring in Sebastian Vollmer wont cost us picks.

a 12 pick for austin who is 5,8 hello no , just get huner on the sec n call it a day on wr.

sorry i ment to say that at 12 is to high for a short wr , we need a bigger target for rt17. that to me is hunter at round two.

fakespike: I thought (based on absolutely no factual data) that Tannehill was faster than 4.62. Still pretty fast....for a quarterback ;)

Back
Top Bottom