Dolphins meet with Pat White | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meet with Pat White

In all seriousness, how can you not like Pat White? The kid is an absolute gamer and can be used in a variety of ways. I definately wouldn't mind spending a late pick on him.

White is 6'0" 190 pounds. He will get snapped in half like a twig in the NFL. He has a weak arm as well.

strongly disagree. i am a UCONN guy and saw him play, he can get id of the ball, and i saw him at the combine today he is better than you think

Who said anything about West Virginia changing their style to fit White running ability? West Virginia recruited Pat White because he fit what they wanted to do. Rich Rodriguez, the former head coach at WVU, tried to bring his version of the spread offense to Ann Arbor and failed miserably. Just as he didn't have the personnel to run his run-first spread option to Michigan, Rodriguez didn't have the personnel to have a pass-first spread option at West Virginia.
So, what you're saying is that Rich didn't adapt his offense to his player's strengths? He didn't have a problem doing so with Marshall. "Coach Rich Rodriguez devised an offense to compliment the talented Marshall’s superior ability to scramble. His running ability gave opposing defenses something to worry about aside from his improved arm."-www.nfldraftblitz.com

A coach will take advantage of a player's strengths. If White had a strong arm, we would have seen it, I don't care what style of offense they run.

Every year a Pat White comes out, and every year they fail at QB. The reintroduction of the wildcat won't change that. But I suppose we'll see who's right. History is in my favor.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem bringing him in as a project WR in the 5th, at the earliest. Just, please, keep him away from the return positions.

So, what you're saying is that Rich didn't adapt his offense to his player's strengths? He didn't have a problem doing so with Marshall. "Coach Rich Rodriguez devised an offense to compliment the talented Marshall’s superior ability to scramble. His running ability gave opposing defenses something to worry about aside from his improved arm."-www.nfldraftblitz.com

A coach will take advantage of a player's strengths. If White had a strong arm, we would have seen it, I don't care what style of offense they run.

Every year a Pat White comes out, and every year they fail at QB. The reintroduction of the wildcat won't change that. But I suppose we'll see who's right. History is in my favor.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem bringing him in as a project WR in the 5th, at the earliest. Just, please, keep him away from the return positions.

Where exactly does his hands come into play on ST? Where have you seen him fumbling the ball on ST?

Where exactly does his hands come into play on ST? Where have you seen him fumbling the ball on ST?
Really? You want a player fumbling back there? The guy fumbled enough at at QB to show me that catching a ball with 11 players running full speed at him is not a position I want him in.

White is 6'0" 190 pounds. He will get snapped in half like a twig in the NFL. He has a weak arm as well.

What the **** are you watching? Certainly not the combine position drills. Because I saw him throw a 50 yard bomb with Marino-like accuracy and ease. All the outs, slants, and posts were delivered with accuracy and touch; not one WR dropped any of his passes, which is a damned site more than most of the QB there could say. The NFL Network crew singled him out as one of the best QB at the combine, certainly a damn site better than anybody other than Freeman.

no way we draft him we just have to many holes right now for a player that would only play a handful of plays per game

no way we draft him we just have to many holes right now for a player that would only play a handful of plays per game

exactly what i'm thinking ... white is a luxury pick

we don't have a core strong enough to spend early picks on situational players like this, this is not the way a football team is built . I know some wouldn't agree but here's a few names who would: Parcells, Ireland, Sparano, and they happen to run this team !

There is a "if" to that story though... like sparano mentionned, you have to evaluate what value you put on the guy, so as the draft goes by, if pat white is still there in the 4th or 5th round, you'll have 3 guys scratching their head, because it's not their type to draft like that, but they can't pass on the value they're getting...

it will certainly be interesting to see how the pat white saga evolves, especially if he falls in the draft...

we wont take him ne where b4 the 5th. even then he is total waste. the wildcat is a joke, a fluke and a waste. get a line and it is a thing of the past

A joke???...yet your avitar is of Brown throwing the TD to Fasano from the Wildcat...might want to re-think your comments.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Pat-White-Impresses-At-NFL-Combine-At-Quarterback-Blog-19693

White threw the ball accurately and with authority in his quarterback group, looking poised and comfortable in an unfamiliar setting that has thrown many a highly-ranked quarterback off his game. White was especially strong in throwing deep outs, which always catch the eye of NFL scouts.
"I'll tell you who looked good today and that was Pat White,'' one longtime NFL offensive assistant coach told me. "He really helped himself with that workout. He made people recognize him as a quarterback.''
Mayock was blown away by West Virginia quarterback Pat White in Sunday's workout at Lucas Oil Stadium. "Pat White threw the hell out of the ball," he said.

some highlights of Pat White...he could be an interesting pick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YPDFmcp5Y

Back
Top Bottom