Dolphins release Garrard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins release Garrard

Never should've signed him in the first place. Bad signing.

FYI Guys.. we aren't keeping 7 recievers on the roster, so if we wanted to sign gaffney, we'd have already cut one, most likely legedu.. The spot probably gets filled by a corner.
Cincinatti has 7 WRs on their roster.

Too bad...seems like a good guy in the locker room and would have helped RT. And this confirms that there really wasn't any market for Moore in a trade. Team firmly in the hands of a rookie QB now.

This may not seem like fun now but it will make Miami stronger to start 2012.

see the impression I've gotten is that Tannehill has earned the respect of the vets, and Matt Moore already had it. Plus, Moore has said he will help Tanny anyway he can. All of that made Garrard being kept on pointless...

or as somebody else mentioned we cut him now so we don't give him a garunteed (can't spell the word worth crap) contract and we trade Moore.

Hmmm..

As some have stated we might of just released him to push another team in a trade for Moore since they knew we are not keeping 4 QB's.

Garrard gets cut and re-signed after Week 1 after Moore gets traded.

Are we smart enough to pull this off?

Also, I think roster spot goes to a CB unless they think Jimmy Wilson will be playing CB/Safety.

If we do add a WR I think M. Moore or Naanee gets cut.

Or that there was a market for Moore and aren't going to release so another team could just pick him up outright. They could be playing hardball with someone trying to wait it out. We'll see, if he's not traded after week one then there was no market.

I agree with this!!

No surprise. Like both guys (Matt & David) but one of them has to go, this time it was David.
Now it's time for Tannehill to show the way! :brewskis:

I've been speculating for a while that the reason the Dolphins might not want to get rid of Garrard during cut date would be because they need to make sure he's healthy and practicing before they cut him, so that they don't have to go through an injury settlement. Sure enough he wasn't healthy enough to practice at cut date, but he is now and has been doing agility drills without problem, so now he's healthy enough to cut safely.

I imagine the Dolphins will keep him on speed dial in case anything happens during the season, provided another team doesn't sign him. He knows our offense.

Here are the most likely options that will fill Garrard's roster spot. Gaffney, Stallworth, Mike Sims Walker, Dominique Franks, Rod Hood & DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Good for Garrard. I would rather be unemployed then have to work for this organization.

Here are the most likely options that will fill Garrard's roster spot. Gaffney, Stallworth, Mike Sims Walker, Dominique Franks, Rod Hood & DeMarcus Van Dyke.

I'm in the Wanting to pick up Demarcus Van Dyke option. 6'1 with 4.3 speed at CB.

Back
Top Bottom