Dolphins' roster casualty and extension candidate | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' roster casualty and extension candidate

i feel sorry for people that somehow want to rationilize away what a great player Welker is. They see it with their own eyes and still want to make up a reason for why its happening.
There is a reason NE dropped crazy money at the time on a player such as Welker to aquire him, they recognized something in him and they were right. I have no regret because at time the trade seemed more than good. I did not see Welker as that type of player at the time and most people didnt. NE recognized it more power to them, there is a reason they are where they are. So go through life thinking that Bess or others are just as good at what they do its your right but doesnt make you right. Meanwhile 672 receptions later.

I am absolutely right. People have a hard time understanding the "why" of the numbers.

I think you're a little to excited about Misi. He had a strong year but there's little upside there and he's nothing but a solid run stopper. I have to imagine he only has another year or so starting before he's upgraded in Miami. He's also of Hawaiian descent, not Samoan...

I think the first memory i have of Koa Misi is his first game v Buffalo...when as a rookie he bull rushed Buffalo's left tackle straight into the qb and got the sack on the first drive of the game. As a rookie. Again....as a rookie.

Misi is a tackling machine. I for one hope he is here for a long time.

I think the first memory i have of Koa Misi is his first game v Buffalo...when as a rookie he bull rushed Buffalo's left tackle straight into the qb and got the sack on the first drive of the game. As a rookie. Again....as a rookie.

Misi is a tackling machine. I for one hope he is here for a long time.

Tackling machine? Please...

I am absolutely right. People have a hard time understanding the "why" of the numbers.

So answer this why has nobody else ever done this, Im sure u cannot. So keep getting wrapped up in he is not that fast, not that big but teams still are not stopping him

A bad team doesn't get good by trading and cutting the few good players they have. If Te'o is there and you draft him you could always put Dansby on the outside and play him as a OLB.

Actually sometimes you do trade good players. I would trade a good player at one of the less important positions (fullback) for a good to great player at one of the more important positions (cover cornerback) any day of the week and twice on Sunday. No one player is irreplacable. If the trade makes your TEAM better then you make it, even if you are giving up a good player.

So answer this why has nobody else ever done this, Im sure u cannot. So keep getting wrapped up in he is not that fast, not that big but teams still are not stopping him

Why has nobody done it? Because the Patriots did it first and Welker hasn't moved on yet. Most of the elite teams don't need a guy like that and the non-elite teams (Miami, St. Louis, etc.) have guys like that but don't get 120+ catches out of them because the opportunity for it doesn't exist. There will absolutely be more Welkers in the future if you find the right combination of a slot receiver on an elite team.

Why has nobody done it? Because the Patriots did it first and Welker hasn't moved on yet. Most of the elite teams don't need a guy like that and the non-elite teams (Miami, St. Louis, etc.) have guys like that but don't get 120+ catches out of them because the opportunity for it doesn't exist. There will absolutely be more Welkers in the future if you find the right combination of a slot receiver on an elite team.

Well NE was running same offense before Welker got there . I truly doubt there will be many players that will ever do what Welker has done but who is to predict the future. I will say to this point no receiver in NFL has history has 5 110 catch seasons and that achievement is not an easy one.

Well NE was running same offense before Welker got there . I truly doubt there will be many players that will ever do what Welker has done but who is to predict the future. I will say to this point no receiver in NFL has history has 5 110 catch seasons and that achievement is not an easy one.

Welker's accomplishments are strong and he earned them. But the specific longevity of the accomplishments is in large part due to luck and circumstance. If another capable slot receiver had gotten about the Pats' train instead, you'd be thinking he was elite, too.

Welker's accomplishments are strong and he earned them. But the specific longevity of the accomplishments is in large part due to luck and circumstance. If another capable slot receiver had gotten about the Pats' train instead, you'd be thinking he was elite, too.

If he did elite things then yes. what makes u elite is what u do on field not what u do in a workout. How do we know any player is elite except his accomplishments. Ronnie Brown had elite attributes but he was not an elite player. Its more to do with his ability than luck or circumstance. There are many teams with great passing attacks and none of them has developed a player that has come close to what Welker has done.

If he did elite things then yes. what makes u elite is what u do on field not what u do in a workout. How do we know any player is elite except his accomplishments. Ronnie Brown had elite attributes but he was not an elite player. Its more to do with his ability than luck or circumstance. There are many teams with great passing attacks and none of them has developed a player that has come close to what Welker has done.

Most elite passing attacks try or need a Welker. Rodgers has plenty of weapons. Manning always did too. And those guys always elevated the talent around them, like Brady with Welker. Don't you even remember Welker in Miami? He WAS Davone Bess.

Welker is faster and quicker I think for the 3 or 4 M Bess is expected to get paid, that the coaching staff wants a faster and quicker WR like Welker or TY Hilton type for the west coast. If it comes down to paying Hartline or Bess then Hartline is the priority.

at this point I would keep Bess one more year or until I find better. If Hartline and Jennings are signed and we draft 2 WRs in this draft then Bess is gone.

Welker is faster and quicker I think for the 3 or 4 M Bess is expected to get paid, that the coaching staff wants a faster and quicker WR like Welker or TY Hilton type for the west coast. If it comes down to paying Hartline or Bess then Hartline is the priority.

at this point I would keep Bess one more year or until I find better. If Hartline and Jennings are signed and we draft 2 WRs in this draft then Bess is gone.

Welker is a lot of things but "fast" is not one of them.

Most elite passing attacks try or need a Welker. Rodgers has plenty of weapons. Manning always did too. And those guys always elevated the talent around them, like Brady with Welker. Don't you even remember Welker in Miami? He WAS Davone Bess.

I remember Welker in Miami and he was better than Bess, he just did not get the targets or field time that Bess had mainly because we had booker and chambers. even with that he was our leading receiver that season.

I remember Welker in Miami and he was better than Bess, he just did not get the targets or field time that Bess had mainly because we had booker and chambers. even with that he was our leading receiver that season.

I can't help fix your memory. There is nothing Welker did in Miami (save for that game where he served as our kicker) that Bess hasn't done. If anything, Bess has done it better in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom