Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

Lord please no!! He's a diva, will ask for too much, I'd rather trade up for a tackle than take him. And I don't want to trade up for a tackle!

I apologize if this has already been posted but just in case there are those (like myself) that didn't know much about this guy. Here is an interview where he talks about his status since being franchised.

http://youtu.be/f8z-m9tl9xU

you kill me with this crap...guaranteed money in a contract is on your books hell or high water...you can structure the contract however you want...

but thanks for playing along...i've spent enough time on this...

Dude... Guys can be cut to make room, contracts restructured etc... It happens all the time! I'm not worried about money I'm worried about fielding a good team this season! Period. We don't have to really worry until its time to resign tannehill and we're a couple of years away from that... That's why all of these contracts skyrocket next year and go down the year after when we will be looking to resign our franchise QB. And I don't care how much time u have spent on it! I'll trust a woman with a CPA And MBA that has done a great job thus far before I trust u!

Yeah.... there is no way we can find a left tackle in the draft... all superbowl winners obviously picked their pro bowl left tackles high in the first round.... we should most certainly trade a 2nd rounder and give an expensive extension for Branden Albert because there is no way to win a superbowl with a left tackle that we drafted instead............

Bryant Mckinnie -- Drafted by Vikings in 1st Round 7th overall (obviously didnt win a superbowl with vikings.... won it this year with Ravens in his 10th? year)
David Diehl -- Drafted by NYG in 5th Round
Chad Clifton -- Drafted by GB in 2nd Round
Jermon Bushrod --- Drafted by NO in 4th Round
Max Starks -- Drafted by the Pitt in 3rd Round
David Diehl ---- Still was drafted by NYG in 5th Round
Tarik Glenn --- Drafted by Colts in 1st Round (19th overall)
Marvel Amos Smith - Drafted by Steelers in the 2nd Round
Matt Light -- Drafted by the Patriots in the 2nd Round

Looks like the numbers say...... draft one... and dont waste a 1st round pick on him.. cheaper too

You get a good LT any way you can and looking from your list, a 2nd rounder definatly isnt too much for a LT like branden albert

You get a good LT any way you can and looking from your list, a 2nd rounder definatly isnt too much for a LT like branden albert

None of the guys you draft using that 2nd rounder require an expensive extension.... they are EXTREMELY cheap and cap friendly due to the new rookie wage scale... trading the pick, for a 28 year old and giving him money makes no sense

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Dude... Guys can be cut to make room, contracts restructured etc... It happens all the time! I'm not worried about money I'm worried about fielding a good team this season! Period. We don't have to really worry until its time to resign tannehill and we're a couple of years away from that... That's why all of these contracts skyrocket next year and go down the year after when we will be looking to resign our franchise QB. And I don't care how much time u have spent on it! I'll trust a woman with a CPA And MBA that has done a great job thus far before I trust u!

The Cleveland Browns say hello

Yeah.... there is no way we can find a left tackle in the draft... all superbowl winners obviously picked their pro bowl left tackles high in the first round.... we should most certainly trade a 2nd rounder and give an expensive extension for Branden Albert because there is no way to win a superbowl with a left tackle that we drafted instead............

Bryant Mckinnie -- Drafted by Vikings in 1st Round 7th overall (obviously didnt win a superbowl with vikings.... won it this year with Ravens in his 10th? year)
David Diehl -- Drafted by NYG in 5th Round
Chad Clifton -- Drafted by GB in 2nd Round
Jermon Bushrod --- Drafted by NO in 4th Round
Max Starks -- Drafted by the Pitt in 3rd Round
David Diehl ---- Still was drafted by NYG in 5th Round
Tarik Glenn --- Drafted by Colts in 1st Round (19th overall)
Marvel Amos Smith - Drafted by Steelers in the 2nd Round
Matt Light -- Drafted by the Patriots in the 2nd Round

Looks like the numbers say...... draft one... and dont waste a 1st round pick on him.. cheaper too

Dude, I don't know what's your problem, I wasn't picking a fight with you. I didn't say we couldn't draft one or anything your first paragraph said. You must be talking to an imaginary person, can you point where I said anything remotely close to what you're suggesting I said??

I simply stated how important the position is. But good luck proving a point that wasn't even in discussion, never said you had to draft one in the first round or any of that yadda yadda you just made up..

The LT position is probably the 2nd or third most important position on your team, ask any HEAD COACH or GM, that's not words from my computer. That's just what all smart orginazation know and believe. And back to my original statement, what I'm saying is so true that the last 9 SB champs all had pro-bowl caliber LEFT TACKLES.. PERIOD...

None of the guys you draft using that 2nd rounder require an expensive extension.... they are EXTREMELY cheap and cap friendly due to the new rookie wage scale... trading the pick, for a 28 year old and giving him money makes no sense

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

The Cleveland Browns say hello
None of the ot you get in the late 2nd are gonna be close to as good as albert this year. Also i bet if you look up the salarys of that list of ots i bet they make quite a chunk of change.

And just for the misinformed who think the LT position has some how magically dissolve into a position where you can get away with AVG play. LOL. The FACT's don't add it up no matter how much they try to convince us a much. The LT position always has and always will be one of the most important position on your team.

The Last 10 Superbowl Champions, only one the Steelers, didn't have a Pro-Bowl Left tackle, (10% or 90% how ever you choose to look at it). And the one team still had an adequate one in Max Starx.

2013. Baltimore Ravens. Bryant McKinnie (Pro-Bowler)
2012. New York Giants David Diehl (Pro-Bowler)
2011. Green Bay Packers Chad Clifton (Pro-Bowler)
2010. New Orleans Saints Jermon Bushrod (Pro-Bowler)
2009. Pittsburgh Steelers Max Starx
2008. New York Giants David Diehl (Pro-Bowler)
2007. Indianapolis Colts Tarik Glenn (Pro-Bowler)
2006. Pittsburgh Steelers Marvel Amos Smith (Pro-Bowler)
2005. New England Patriots Matt Light (Pro-Bowler)
2004. New England Patriots Matt Light (Pro-Bowler)

Yeah, by all means Ireland, find a way to get us one ASAP, if you don't think Martin will do..

No No, this can't be true, have we not been told that the LT positions is not that imortant at all...wow, really amazing. Thanks CRAZYDOLFAN :up:

Dude, I don't know what's your problem, I wasn't picking a fight with you. I didn't say we couldn't draft one or anything your first paragraph said. You must be talking to an imaginary person, can you point where I said anything remotely close to what you're suggesting I said??

I simply stated how important the position is. But good luck proving a point that wasn't even in discussion, never said you had to draft one in the first round or any of that yadda yadda you just made up..

The LT position is probably the 2nd or third most important position on your team, ask any HEAD COACH or GM, that's not words from my computer. That's just what all smart orginazation know and believe. And back to my original statement, what I'm saying is so true that the last 9 SB champs all had pro-bowl caliber LEFT TACKLES.. PERIOD...

Came off a little stronger than anticipated and was not supposed to be directed at you. Take the full responsibility of that one..

It is directed at the crowd that continues to believe spending a high first round pick/ trading and extending for a LT is the right move when they are capably found by the Superbowl Winning Teams all over the draft.

Your post served as the perfect vehicle to show that, and that was all. Can totally see how it comes off directed at you since it was your post... but its totally in response to a mass of people.

Keep on keeping on, you do a good job even if we disagree a tad.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

She only worked one year for the Browns and was caught up in a mass front office cleansing, hardly enough to judge her as a failure there. She never really got a chance.

Just saying, she is reviled by Browns fans, mostly for the way she dealt with Cribbs.

I don't really like the idea of trading a second round pick and a huge contract. I do understand the thought process that you would be using one pick instead of two picks to get one of the top 3 tackles in the draft.

While Albert is a good player and would solidify the left tackle position, a large contract and draft pick compensation is going to be tough to swallow when we could have just upped the offer for Jake Long. Long is also the better player.

If it makes you feel better, we'll trade him for a third rounder in two years.

Someone close to situation confirms multiple reports that Miami and Chiefs have had serious conversations about trade for LT Branden Albert

Dolphins know what it takes financially. Big question is their willingness to give up one of two second-rounders. KC wants one of them.

Couple other teams are in mix,but Dolphins have had interest for weeks, as we've written previously.Fins don't expect top 3 LTs to fallto12.

www.twitter.com/flasportsbuzz

You are talking about trading a 2nd round pick for a guy close to 30 who wants a lot of money. Un Huh?

Back
Top Bottom