Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

who cares is a really poor way to look at things when it comes to the cap...you always need to be mindful of it and thinking about the future...

Hoops, who cares in the sense to what it's being made out to be. The "but the contract" crowd are crying about $9mil for a top LT. People need to take a chill pill with that being that we have the cap space and need to use it anyhow. Not to mention this fact..........................WE HAVE DAWN APONTE WORKING ON THAT CONTRACT. Yes? :)

Hoops, who cares in the sense to what it's being made out to be. The "but the contract" crowd are crying about $9mil for a top LT. People need to take a chill pill with that being that we have the cap space and need to use it anyhow. Not to mention this fact..........................WE HAVE DAWN APONTE WORKING ON THAT CONTRACT. Yes? :)

why do you keep saying we NEED to use the cap... we dont have to spend all the cap money!

again... explain your incorrectness please....

#12 pick, #42 pick, #54 pick, no fat contract + Terron Armstead > Branden Albert or first round offensive lineman

I also HATE the proposed trade but to be fair......Terron Armstead will be long gone BEFORE the Phinz pick at #42.....but I like your thinking :-)

anything you don't use now in this new cba can be rolled to the following year...so you don't want to be in a who cares mode 2014 offseason come around and you can't keep a lets say reshad jones cause you screwed up in 2013...remember we have some massive cap hits on these new free agent contracts coming in 2014...ones we cannot get out of...

better hope like hell these free agent lbs and mike wallace are legit...cause they getting paid like they are...and we can't afford to just eat those HUGE hits if they don't work out...

just saying...i don't want to lose young high end talent with serious long term abilities like a reshad jones or anyone else who is a difference maker cause i said screw it drop $9 mil per and overpay a brandon albert in 2013...if anything i want em to play hardball...

God i wish we could get hands on Dion Jordan would be nice.

small chance he falls to 6 or 7.... Would easily give up 1 or both 3rd to get him.....

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I'm starting to think off-season goes like this
trade #54 for Albert
draft Eifert #12
draft Swope #42
3rd round CB
3rd round S
4th round RB
and sign Abraham after the draft

why do you keep saying we NEED to use the cap... we dont have to spend all the cap money!

Read your new CBA rules. Teams are obligated to use 87% of team cap space. Even if they roll it over it will catch up to the team if they continue to do so...

I still think this is some sort strategy. Make the teams above us realize we will go somewhere else instead of trading up with them. This hopefully forces them to take a late 2nd or maybe 3a to move up to their spot. Albert wouldn't be a bad move if for our 2B. I would offer our third. KC is as trapped in this as we are, they want Joeckel or Fisher which is obvious when they are tradi their starting Lt. We need to use this leverage. I'd wait til draft day to make this trade especially after they select Joeckel or Fisher. Then we'd have them by the balls

This trade would solidify the line and take Miami out of the market for a lineman in first or second round. It would also allow Miami the option of trading back in the draft maybe getting a pick in the 20's and a second round pick for the the 12th pick. There's a chance Miami could trade back and still get Eifert or Trufant. I know people don't like the idea of paying Albert, but if the team trades or cuts Patterson, Carpenter and Bess that would free up a lot of money. For the record I want to keep Bess, but if you replace him with Woods, Bailey, Wheaton or Swope you still have a good corp of receivers.

dion jordan is a 34 olb all the way...a 2 point stance player...not a rush with a hand in the dirt guy...him to miami makes no sense...any 34 team absolutely

After reading that article about Dawn Aponte I have confidence Miami won't put themselves in cap hell if they make this deal.

Back
Top Bottom