Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins working on trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert

What you are seeing is the smoke blowing before the draft storm.

Do I believe we have contacted KC? Yes.

Do I believe we've talked about Albert? Yes.

That's why I'm convinced Bess will be traded to KC in a package that will net us Luke Joeckel @ #1.

THINK. Ryan Tannehill's blind side protector from college who happens to be the top tackle AND best fit for ZBS? Book it.

There's a blockbuster trade forming. And the way Ireland is on his game right now, I wouldn't be shocked if Albert and Joeckel end up Fins.

At this point, Ireland is stirring up the pot big time to pull off a great move. I just feel it.

I've said for a while that Swope will be a Fin. Can you imagine if Joeckel and Swope both end up here? Talk about giving confidence to your Franchise QB.

Sherman has the most intimate knowledge of the best LT in the draft and Ryan's favorite receiver. I'm convinced these 2 guys are primary targets for us.

Goodbye Bess. It was nice while it lasted.

he's a situational rusher in a 43...too long and light to play a every down 43 de...and as a rusher he's got no polish at this stage...just a rediculous explosion and burst athlete that can flatten when he gains the corner after dipping the shoulder to the qb...plenty of upside...but best in a 2 point stance...ideal 34 olb

to each his own...

I agree that his best fit is at 3-4 OLB but that he can play 4-3 DE as well.. he can also play SAM and walk up and play on the LOS... but for now play him at SAM and move him to DE on nickel.. let him slowly bulk up to play DE... you can't tell me Misi is better in coverage than Jordan

There are rumors that that Rams will try to trade up with the Dolphins to get Austin and the Fins would get the #16 pick plus another pick or swap positions to give miami an earlier pick in round 3.
The Dolphins could pick Vaccaro at #16 who they like and just had in for an interview.
He was the only DB that could stay with Austin in coverage this past year so you know he has skills.

As far as Albert- he is much better than Winston .
I still think Ireland tries to swing a deal for Lane Johnson who fits Philbin's plan to get high character, smart football players.

can we still afford Abraham after this? I think our first round pick is now down to Austin (long shot, probably taking swope) Eifert, DE, DT, or S.. unless Milliner fell to #12
Nope, they can't even afford Albert's salary unless they trade/cut someone.

Let's see, guys.......or the 54th pick (one pick)......or the 12th and 54th (two picks). :ponder:

ya but we would be getting the 6th pick so really we are only loosing the 54th pick

That's why I'm convinced Bess will be traded to KC in a package that will net us Luke Joeckel @ #1.

THINK. Ryan Tannehill's blind side protector from college who happens to be the top tackle AND best fit for ZBS? Book it.

There's a blockbuster trade forming. And the way Ireland is on his game right now, I wouldn't be shocked if Albert and Joeckel end up Fins.

At this point, Ireland is stirring up the pot big time to pull off a great move. I just feel it.

I've said for a while that Swope will be a Fin. Can you imagine if Joeckel and Swope both end up here? Talk about giving confidence to your Franchise QB.

Sherman has the most intimate knowledge of the best LT in the draft and Ryan's favorite receiver. I'm convinced these 2 guys are primary targets for us.

link source? highly doubt KC will get rid of Albert and not draft a LT..... and really doubt we add 2 starting tackles when we already have martin...

I think it's safe to say Albert, Eifert, Swope will be dolphins

fact is:

Albert + #12 pick > 1st round offensive lineman (assuming the 2nd would be used to move up)

....And who can really be 100% certain that Linemen Miami does pick up in the draft, will ever perform as well as Albert has so far. Fix the line before the draft, and use the picks in other areas. :up:

he's a situational rusher in a 43...too long and light to play a every down 43 de...and as a rusher he's got no polish at this stage...just a rediculous explosion and burst athlete that can flatten when he gains the corner after dipping the shoulder to the qb...plenty of upside...but best in a 2 point stance...ideal 34 olb

to each his own...
On the Jordan front, he looks a lot like JT to me. He succeed at both. Jordan looks the same to me. A little leverage lessons and I think he could be a 4-3 end.

If the Wallace thing works out past the next two years just think of the deal we will be getting for in year 3,4,5.

well i tell ya this if you put jordan at 43 de in base sets if i'm the oc we gonna run right at him as much as possible... and to line him up as a solb in base is a waste of all his athletic abilities and his ability to get upfield...you don't want that guy taking on and shedding and being strength at the poa as a 43 solb you want to take advantage of that guys explosion and burst gifts on the edge and the ability to drop in the flat and a soft zone and carry coverage down the field as a 34 olb...

i just think his pass rush is too raw for me to draft in the 43 at this stage...and again if i did it would be all about getting him on the field in the nickle as an edge rusher that can beat tackles with his burst and explosion and work on his polish...as a 34 olb he's an every down player from the jump...more bang for your buck

it would take a ton of picks for us to move up to get joeckel

If we're going to overpay for a wearing down cornfed, we may as well have saved the pick and re-signed Wrong.

well i tell ya this if you put jordan at 43 de in base sets if i'm the oc we gonna run right at him as much as possible... and to line him up as a solb in base is a waste of all his athletic abilities and his ability to get upfield...you don't want that guy taking on and shedding and being strength at the poa as a 43 solb you want to take advantage of that guys explosion and burst gifts on the edge and the ability to drop in the flat and a soft zone and carry coverage down the field as a 34 olb...

i just think his pass rush is too raw for me to draft in the 43 at this stage...and again if i did it would be all about getting him on the field in the nickle as an edge rusher that can beat tackles with his burst and explosion and work on his polish...as a 34 olb he's an every down player from the jump...more bang for your buck

like Aldon Smith... nickel defense is being played more than base now a days... Just put him at SLB and in a 4-3 to get him on the field... would run a lot of under fronts with him as a walked up 9 technique and Odrick a heavy 5 technique, Soliai playing a shade on center, Starks at 3 tech, Wake weakside end...... but I think Eifert is the pick

Back
Top Bottom