Dorail Green-Beckham | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dorail Green-Beckham

Whether you avoid Dorial Green-Beckham or whether you take him, just gotta do it with eyes wide open. That's all. Know that he did something pretty despicable one night when he found out his girl was cheating on him with a teammate. Know that he was doing marijuana with some friends and got caught by the police, twice. Know that he never failed a drug test despite that. Know that he has a tragic background, that football is all he's got, never really had his work ethic questioned, and has been a model citizen for a year in Oklahoma. Also know that the people closest to him are surprisingly good influences.

Great post. Appreciate the insight. Guy is so damn talented...people like to act like they know him personally. People **** up sometimes when they're that young. Sure everyone else is a saint.

Exactly right......the important thing is to evaluate where the kid's head is now, and whether he has matured and learned from his experiences.

Every draft pick is a gamble...I for one would like to see this team gamble on an immense talent for once.

i've heard this kind of story before...his name was ryan mallett

with miamis issues already at wr malcontent wise and the whole bullying thing and bad press from that i don't think there's a shot in hell this kids on miamis board...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am less worried about taking a troubled player now, then I was a year ago. Tannehill is evolving into more of a vocal leader, the WR's have Jarvis Landry who took the position of leader of the WR's within a month of being there. Having a guy like Landry, who is as solid of a guy you can have, who is also vocal, could be beneficial to a player like DGB.

i've heard this kind of story before...his name was ryan mallett

with miamis issues already at wr malcontent wise and the whole bullying thing and bad press from that i don't think there's a shot in hell this kids on miamis board...

DGB has his issues but I haven't heard a single peep about being a diva or a malcontent WR…everything was off-the field related…and if the Dolphins FO allows that bogus bully-gate scandal to have any effect on who they draft then we have some serious issues…

Winning cures all…you win with elite talent. He should at minimum be in play for 14

i want elite talent just like everybody else but i think you are asking for trouble here...and i've heard the around draft time i'm a changed man bit 1000 times...of course you are

haha no doubt about that. Im just saying he's on my board at 14. There is really just too much we don't know and we won't know about the player though to at least not have him in play for now.

haha no doubt about that. Im just saying he's on my board at 14. There is really just too much we don't know and we won't know about the player though to at least not have him in play for now.

fair enough...it's your board...he's not on mine

Even if I was comfortable with pulling the trigger on DGB (and I'm not), are the Dolphins really the right team for someone like him? Do you really think Philbin and his coaching staff will be able to provide him with the nurturing he needs. Do you really think this locker room with its lack of big time leaders will be able to lead him how he needs to be lead. Cause I don't. And I sure as hell don't feel like wasting a 1st round pick when we really need impact players to help the Fins get over the playoff hump.

If he matures into his potential, then its good for him, but I'm passing.

He's on my board, but he ain't on Joe Philbin's, I bet.

I think the apartment event was probably overblown a little. I have very short tolerance for guys who push people around, particularly women, but I would say the reporting of the incident tended to exaggerate certain aspects of what seemed to happen. A friend of the girlfriend who was cheating on DGB blocked his path to her. I'm guessing she did that because DGB was being aggressive and loud trying to find his girlfriend. It's on a short stairway. He pushes past her attempt to block him and she slips/falls/trips down a few steps. He then finds the girlfriend and physically manhandles her out the door.

Not cool by any means. Not entirely consistent with the reports and the soundbites that followed DGB afterward though, which implied premeditated physical assault on a friend of his girlfriend or that he pushed her down a flight of stairs. Pushing past someone who slips down a few steps is very different from throwing them down a flight of stairs and that distinction was very absent from reporting.

Degrees of a$$hole, rather than innocent versus guilty, of course. But there was a fair deal of provocation about his very foolish and borderline abusive actions. It all comes down to how well he's matured since then.

if it's all overblown and he's calvin johnson level talent (which i wouldn't know cause i saw the rap sheet and being kicked off a team and said there's no point in checking out his tape) he shouldn't get out of the top 5

it's either teams will be in or they will be out...and if they are in and he's that level they won't wait around on it...they will run the card up unless those top teams are out which would mean it's more than just smoke

He just came in at 6'5 237…pretty much identical to Calvin. If he runs a sub 4.4 at that size someone will take him…probably top 10 if they have any inclination that he's got his head on straight.

Hoops,

It happened. The weed busts happened. Those are facts. What isn't so clear is the context. There's always context. Sometimes the context means an undraftable guy becomes draftable. Sometimes the context is irrelevant. CK is suggesting the context is relevant. I really don't know, but I'm sure Philbin doesn't want this kid.

Context didn't help the Oregon TE from last year. It helped Crowell, who had a filed down gun in his car. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom