Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

It would not be smart to draft a RB at 15, not when u can get a decent player later
If they Draft a RB @ 15 he could start right away and show dividends and also fill a need IMO. That is why I have RB as our biggets need for #15....

I like most of you hope they can trade down.....

If they do and Ingram is there I still would take him.....if not Pouncey, or some other Interior linemen would be my choice...

But IF I were Ireland I would NOT Draft a QB in round one under any circumstances

But if it were me I would play it safe and take the player of need and the position of need and it so happens he is ranked somewhere about where we will draft and that is Ingram. Yes, I would draft him.

Well this explains it all, I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well. You still haven't absorbed that Backs are much easier filled with later picks than QB's are, this is not a position you should draft this high unless your getting someone really special. From what I saw the backups at Alabama ran just as well when Ingram was out as he did, like it or not Saban has recruited great talent at Alabama and they tend to dominate many of their opponents.

I would not draft Ingram at 15, even if the degenerative knee situation was not in play.

Well this explains it all, I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well. You still haven't absorbed that Backs are much easier filled with later picks than QB's are, this is not a position you should draft this high unless your getting someone really special. From what I saw the backups at Alabama ran just as well when Ingram was out as he did, like it or not Saban has recruited great talent at Alabama and they tend to dominate many of their opponents.

I would not draft Ingram at 15, even if the degenerative knee situation was not in play.

Well if you look at the history of Ireland's drafts you will see that they took the player at the position of need and that was graded around that spot taken....

J Long, V, Davis, J Ordick.........

Do you Mallett supporters really believe Jeff and Tony (Especially after last season) would put their jobs on the line and draft a Rookie QB in round one to sit behind Henne...? Really????

To me it defies logic....

But that's just my opinion.....

The problem is that as soon as Henne have ONE BAD game the calls will be for Mallett to replace him, and now we have another young QB who will be tossed to the Lions way to early, only because he was drafted in the first round…..
And by then the season will tailspin into a mess and Heads WILL roll...

The fans will call for him to be replaced. Thats just the way it is. Now, if Sparano listens to the fans during his decision making processes and bends to public opinion, then the coach should be fired. If our coaching staff throws players to the wolves before they are ready, their heads DESERVE to roll.

If Henne suddenly has an epiphany and "gets it", he wont be benched. If he is winning us games, he wont be benched. In that scenario, we then turn around and trade the lesser of our two options and make out like a king in draft picks. The Falcons got 2 second round picks and swapped first rounders after spending a 3rd round pick on Matt Shaub. The Patriots got a second round pick for Matt Cassel(and that was a discount, as it looked like multiple teams offered a first) after spending a lowly 7th on him. The Eagles look to be making bank on Kevin Kolb after spending a second round pick on him.

None of those situations seem to shabby, huh? Now, if we heed your word and keep trying to pound a square peg into a round hole, how will that turn out? Wait, weve already seen that movie. Its labelled the "Dave Wannstedt era" with a sufficating defense, bruising run game, and utterly inept passing game. Why repeat past mistakes? Why wait until our play makers get old and we fall apart again? Why not take advantage of the relative youth of our team and find the final piece of the puzzle that makes us competative for 9 of the next 10 years(and thats if they struggle immediately, as recent quarterbacks have flurished)?

"I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well."

Yes, because "AT THE TIME" Running back was our greatest need....

Oh, but if we all had a crystal ball....:)

Miami don't have a year or two to take steps backward.....

Eventually, Miami has to take a chance on special, like Pitt with Ben (they were going nowhere with solid), like the Jets when they took Sanchize (going nowhere with solid players). Eventually, Miami must take chance on gamebreakers. It's not a step backwards, it's a roll of dice to push you through to the top.

Well if you look at the history of Ireland's drafts you will see that they took the player at the position of need and that was graded around that spot taken....

J Long, V, Davis, J Ordick.........

Do you Mallett supporters really believe Jeff and Tony (Especially after last season) would put their jobs on the line and draft a Rookie QB in round one to sit behind Henne...? Really????

To me it defies logic....

But that's just my opinion.....

I believe that if Ireland and Sparano go with Henne again, and he plays about the same as he has his whole career, the public outcry and response to the team will be to hang them for not getting the best QB prospect they could out of this draft. Parcells has already lamented passing on Ryan for Long, which is another way of saying they screwed up drafting Henne.

However, if they do draft a Ryan Mallett I believe it will buy them at least another season here in Miami.

I see sticking with Henne as a far greater gamble to this regime than finally giving the majority of fans and the owner what they want, which is a QB with playmaking potential and franchise quarterback potential.

The fans will call for him to be replaced. Thats just the way it is. Now, if Sparano listens to the fans during his decision making processes and bends to public opinion, then the coach should be fired. If our coaching staff throws players out to the wolves before they are ready, their heads DESERVE to roll.

If Henne suddenly has an epiphany and "gets it", he wont be benched. If he is winning us games, he wont be benched. In that scenario, we then turn around and trade the lesser of our two options and make out like a king in draft picks. The Falcons got 2 second round picks and swapped first rounders after spending a 3rd round pick on Matt Shaub. The Patriots got a second round pick for Matt Cassel(and that was a discount, as it looked like multiple teams offered a first) after spending a lowly 7th on him. The Eagles look to be making bank on Kevin Kolb after spending a second round pick on him.

None of those situations seem to shabby, huh? Now, if we heed your word and keep trying to pound a square peg into a round hole, how will that turn out? Wait, weve already seen that movie. Its labelled the "Dave Wannstedt era" with a sufficating defense, bruising run game, and utterly inept passing game. Why repeat past mistakes? Why wait until our play makers get old and we fall apart again? Why not take advantage of the relative youth of our team and find the final piece of the puzzle that makes us competative for 9 of the next 10 years(and thats if they struggle immediately, as recent quarterbacks have flurished)?

I've already said what I would do.......

I would pass on a QB in the Draft totally.. I would find a veteran QB to compete with Henne...Who knows who will be dumped after the Draft because many teams will be looking for a QB this year. I also have said I do not see Henne as a major problem so you need to at least understand that even if you do not agree. (Let’s agree to disagree) I would Draft as early as I can 2 RB's, 1 TE, Guard, Speedy WR/return guy.....and BPA from that point on maybe the best ILB I can get to push for Channing's job...

"I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well."

Yes, because "AT THE TIME" Running back was our greatest need....

Oh, but if we all had a crystal ball....:)

We had AJ Feeley at quarterback. Running back was not our greatest need.

Eventually, Miami has to take a chance on special, like Pitt with Ben (they were going nowhere with solid), like the Jets when they took Sanchize (going nowhere with solid players). Eventually, Miami must take chance on gamebreakers. It's not a step backwards, it's a roll of dice to push you through to the top.

" like the Jets when they took Sanchize"

The Jets have a better overall team that surrounds Sanchize" They did what they did despite Chez IMO...

We had AJ Feeley at quarterback. Running back was not our greatest need.

Who were the RB's? Nick and JJ and Tony are RUN FIRST people and the RB is/was the primary position. So naturally Nick drafted a RB the best one he thought he could get...I do not regret having Ronnie Brown as A Dolphin player these past years...He was/is not a bust.

Continue to draft RBs high will doom this team, this isn't a running league anymore, you can continue to support Henne but when it comes down to it we finished third in the division with him behind center.
I would pass on a QB in the Draft totally.. I would find a veteran QB to compete with Henne...Who knows who will be dumped after the Draft because many teams will be looking for a QB this year. I also have said I do not see Henne as a major problem so you need to at least understand that even if you do not agree. (Let’s agree to disagree) I would Draft as early as I can 2 RB's, 1 TE, Guard, Speedy WR/return guy.....and BPA from that point on maybe the best ILB I can get to push for Channing's job...

Ok fine, so you still believe in Henne. It reminds me of the Fielder faithful who were convinced and kept hanging on to the belief that he could lead us to the promise land...year after failed year. The regime then gave away the farm for a runningback(Ricky Williams) instead of making QB a priority....and we all know how that worked out.

Some people never learn from history, and if you don't you are doomed to repeat it they say.

Wannstedt took Fletcher over Brees, Saban repeated it drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, Parcells repeated it drafting Long over Ryan. So here we are again, and some want a runningback or a guard over a QB?

The history we need to repeat was drafting a QB in round 1, Dan Marino and Bob Griese before him....two hall of famers.

This is a QB driven league, now more than ever.

Continue to draft RBs high will doom this team, this isn't a running league anymore, you can continue to support Henne but when it comes down to it we finished third in the division with him behind center.
Balance is the key, teams need to be able to do BOTH run and pass good.......Who are our RB's as of this day? Who do we have under contract? I see no GREATER need for this team than RB....I also would still bring back Ronnie Brown....

I personally feel Mr. Ross forced Jeff and Tony to CUT COST last year and that is why they decimated the interior line and duped Ronnie out of his bonus money.....

Tell the Jets and the Ravens and Steelers that this is not a running league anymore....

How far did they go last year?

Back
Top Bottom