Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Name another QB Miami's drafted since Marino that is better than Henne.....
We did draft him but this may put things into persepctive.....Jay Fiedler....
"Fiedler's stint with the Miami Dolphins featured three 10+ win seasons in four years, two 11–5 seasons in 2000 and 2001, an AFC East title, and two postseason appearances including a victory for the Miami Dolphins. During these years, the Dolphins' offense lagged notably behind its defense, which featured perennial Pro-Bowlers in linebacker Zach Thomas, defensive end Jason Taylor, and cornerbacks Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. Although Fiedler's team was mediocre, he managed a respectable regular season performance with a respectable record in post-season play while with the Dolphins."

There ya have it

But if it were me I would play it safe and take the player of need and the position of need and it so happens he is ranked somewhere about where we will draft and that is Ingram. Yes, I would draft him.

Yes, let's waste another Top 15 pick on a RB. It worked out so well the last time we did it.

If you wanna dial up a phone number, you have to first have the stones to pick up the phone. Saying Henne was the best quarterback among Pat White and John Beck is not a ringing endorsement.

I've stated it 3 posts now, so i'll try it from another direction and just ask you the question. You can even copy and paste part of my posts. What will happen to Chad Henne if we draft a quarterback? Will his "soup" go sour and never be tasted again? Will he be run out of town by rampaging mobs attempting to lynch him? Will he be thrown into a lake never to be spoken of again by polite society? Tied up and beaten? Shipped to Alaska?

And when did we throw away a coaching staff before they had a chance? We gave Wannstedt years and then he stepped down. Nick Saban quit on his own accord, our owner wanted him back. Cam Cameron was the only one, and that was because he managed to rack up years of incompetance into a single season. Are you advocating we should have kept Cameron and the Ginn family?
This coaching staff is entering year 4. Im not opposed to them staying, so long as they fix the position they declared they would 4 years ago. The best way to do that is bring in a young quarterback with huge upside.

Honestly, yes. I do feel the firing of Cam was to early.....

Now I do happen to love the current management, not a huge fan of Tony but I am not to upset that he is back. I like our drafts these past 3 years and feel they have done better than any other management team in years, as far as drafting and they hit two homeruns last year in the big FA signings......(Not the best FA track record overall IMO)
NOBODY hits on them all and so in the whole body of work looking back from where they started three years ago, I would say I like the DIRECTION this team is headed. I do feel some sense of confidence in the management. And I like the youth on the team…..including our YOUNG QB.

I would stay away from drafting a QB if I were Jeff, because if he does draft a QB early it would instantly polarize the team. All next year the media and these unbalanced fans (CK) would be foaming at the mouth and throw the management under the bus….

What Miami has lacked over the years is stability and I for one do not want to see this good young GM roasted by impatient fans that can't discern that this management team has done a pretty good job and deserve the time needed to complete the job.

I also feel the same for Henne, he deserves a chance to complete his contract with Miami too.....His play has not been as bad as many (who want change) claim.

No, he doesn't. The guy is a loser, bottom line.

Yes, let's waste another Top 15 pick on a RB. It worked out so well the last time we did it.

I do not feel drafting Ingram at 15 is too high. Now if it were a top 10 pick, yes. But I can assure you that he will not fall out of round one and in fact New England might just take him if Miami pass on him.....if not he will be running for somebody next year.....

But if they keep the team they have in tact, add more talent and speed on offense. Maintain the defense or improve it. They will make the playoffs.....If not they still would have fewer pieces to fill next year......if they survive the onslaught.

But making the playoffs would assure them more time to complete the job.

OK, now you're starting to sound like a clone of Nubs.

Honestly, yes. I do feel the firing of Cam was to early.....

Now I do happen to love the current management, not a huge fan of Tony but I am not to upset that he is back. I like our drafts these past 3 years and feel they have done better than any other management team in years, as far as drafting and they hit two homeruns last year in the big FA signings......(Not the best FA track record overall IMO)
NOBODY hits on them all and so in the whole body of work looking back from where they started three years ago, I would say I like the DIRECTION this team is headed. I do feel some sense of confidence in the management. And I like the youth on the team…..including our YOUNG QB.
196245_1328077498014_1713268273_566556_1-1.jpg
or

10wv7rqgifborder0-1.gif

And one more
1234579810127-1.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Ahhh...my nemesis chimes in!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I can ask the same of you CK......

Ah, I see what's going on here. Somebody is jealous of CK's and the rest of the Univeral Draft crew's success.

Most ROOKIE QB's take years to develop; Miami’s already invested two years of starting in Henne.
It just seems to me the wise choice would be to allow him his 3rd year of starting (most say that is when a young QB starts to show dividends) rather than scarp him out for some unproved College QB who the odds say most likely will not do any better……
To me it would set the team back two years. That is why I would seek out the best option in the FA market to compete with Henne, and draft a young QB like Colin in maybe round 3 or 4 and let him compete against the QB who lost out as the starter.

Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, I could keep going.

Back
Top Bottom