Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew Ballin Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

Sorry if I don't get that excited, but it is OTA's sans pads. Lets see him do it when the bullets are real and then I will be impressed. I do not get impressed with any reports from OTA's.

Nobody said anyone had to get excited about this. It is what it is, an interruption in the constant "Michael Egnew sucks so ridiculously bad omgz I can't believe he didn't play as a rookie and got yelled at by a coach once" narrative.

Exactly, how many times do you think a coach has threatened to cut a player without even thinking about really meaning it?

Here's a hint, it's a lot.

Michael Egnew - TE - Dolphins

Dolphins TE Michael Egnew was running with the starters in Tuesday's OTAs session.

Egnew was even briefly running ahead of Dustin Keller. Coach Joe Philbin said Egnew earned the reps "after a strong offseason." It's a good start for the 2012 third-rounder, but he still has lots of ground to make up coming off a lost rookie season. He's not a threat to Keller's No. 1 status.

If he can contribute in any way it's a bonus for Miami. If not then it isn't a big deal at this point.

Centers don't have to diagnose the defensive secondary. Centers don't need to know all of the WR routes.

A TE needs to know all OL assignments, all RB blocking assignments, and all WR route

TEs dont diagnose the secondaries they run the route that was called. Unless we got TE calling audibles now. I can see Keller telling RT he ran an out instead of an in because the cb jammed him to hard.

It never ceases to amaze me how it is seemingly more important to some "fans" for players like Egnew to fail so that they can flaunt their superior football knowledge. Do I know if Egnew is going to get his act together and become the player Ireland and Philbin hoped he would be when they selected him? I don't but I am sure hoping he does because it would benefit MY team: The Miami Dolphins. It seems to be a lost concept for a select few around here sadly.

Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see the title of this thread I start thinking about dwarves :tongue:

http://http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?339734-The-dawn-of-the-Egnew-era!&highlight=Egnew

And one trying to convert Egnew to the slot

http://http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?338914-Is-Michael-Egnew-our-new-slot-guy&highlight=Egnew

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

And I could say you aren't a fan because you want to waste a roster spot on a bad football player trying to make him a feel good project which makes the Dolphins worse!

You could say that but, you'd be wrong. We currently have 90 players on this team. Let me educate you a bit here. We will carry only about 53 players on the regular season squad so, Egnew hasn't actually made the team yet. Do you see this? So, I don't "want to waste a roster spot on a bad football player trying to make him a feel good project which makes the Dolphins worse!". I want a player, we spent a 3rd round pick on, to get the chance to improve himself. If he fails, he fails, we move on but, in no way does giving him that chance makes the Dolphins worse. That was just a laughable statement.

It never ceases to amaze me how it is seemingly more important to some "fans" for players like Egnew to fail so that they can flaunt their superior football knowledge. Do I know if Egnew is going to get his act together and become the player Ireland and Philbin hoped he would be when they selected him? I don't but I am sure hoping he does because it would benefit MY team: The Miami Dolphins. It seems to be a lost concept for a select few around here sadly.

Some people here get as much pleasure rooting against players on the team as they do rooting for other players. I love how people keep saying "it's just OTA's. It doesn't matter if he looks good." However, if Egnew drops a pass today they will be out with torches and pitchforks saying OTA's matter and he should be cut.

The key is philbin stated last yer that he was playing too slow and ws not strong enough. He may be stronger but is he fast enough now to play and does he understand all the plays.

This would be good to see where he stands at the next OTA If he starts next OTA again then we may have something. Lets see.

The key is philbin stated last yer that he was playing too slow and ws not strong enough. He may be stronger but is he fast enough now to play and does he understand all the plays.

This would be good to see where he stands at the next OTA If he starts next OTA again then we may have something. Lets see.

Playing slow was more a mental thing. He would react to things very slowly, meaning he wouldn't process information in his brain quickly enough so, his actions would come late. Kinda like a qb not processing defenses. Has nothing to do with his speed though.

Some people here get as much pleasure rooting against players on the team as they do rooting for other players. I love how people keep saying "it's just OTA's. It doesn't matter if he looks good." However, if Egnew drops a pass today they will be out with torches and pitchforks saying OTA's matter and he should be cut.

yep... you can't have it both ways

Wrong. I support Egnew because he is a member of the Miami Dolphins and I want everyone of them to do well. Him being a Dolphin is also the reason I don't bash him. He is one of ours. Why would I do that? You sound as if you don't want Egnew to play well. He is mentally weak. Not lazy. His weakness may come off as lazy and to the young eye, it's hard to know the difference but, I haven't seen laziness, I saw complete confusion and unawareness. He is attempting to do something he has never done before- make a pro team-, it just may take him longer thAn others.

That's not a good excuse not to bash someone. Just because he is a Miami Dolphin doesn't mean he doesn't suck. He gets judged by what he does compared to his peers. And as it stands right now, he is in the bottom of that comparison.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

That's not a good excuse not to bash someone. Just because he is a Miami Dolphin doesn't mean he doesn't suck. He gets judged by what he does compared to his peers. And as it stands right now, he is in the bottom of that comparison.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Actually he is not, this is a new season and what he did this off season is what matters, as it stands now. Hence first team reps. What happened last training camp only matters to those that want to bring it up so they can say they were right. RIGHT NOW, Egnew is even with everyone else until proven otherwise. If during training camp Egnew stinks it up, then bash him. Right now, I want ALL Miami Dolphins players to do good. Again, you do understand he is a part of this team and him doing well, only makes US a better team? Do you want him to fail, thus making OUR team weaker or do you just sound this way? Are you a Dolphin fan?

Egnew will show all of us that Ireland is genius or another bust I think it little between both

Back
Top Bottom