ESPN Cold Pizza: Fins Zeroing in on Ginn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Cold Pizza: Fins Zeroing in on Ginn

Ginn has visited with us four times now and is very much a Mueller kind of player. Have we spent as much time with any other player? Exactly. If we don't pull the trigger on Quinn then Ted Ginn Jr is our man come the 28th.

Why all the hate for Ted Ginn. I thought alot of you liked the guy. No offense but if no Quinn I rather Ginn.

Isn't that stating the oh so very obvious? Nobody knows what the teams are going to do in the draft except their own inner circles, we're all guessing. When I watch the draft and go over the papers the next day, the guessing is over. ESPN reports that they hear/rumor has it that the Dolphins are targeting Ginn. Simple logic dictates that they don't know that as fact (duh) because Mueller/Cameron would have to be morons to let that be known. Use your head.

Use my head? READ WHAT I TYPED! i said its a crap shoot. Nuff said. Dont call me a puppy dog either when you dont understand my post. Ive already said you didnt understand my post and you still dont "get it". Ive already said you have misunderstood my post and you wont back off?
Im a Fin fan as are you so i suggest u drop it and we share a drink bro. that ok?

In all honesty who do you think is a better player Brown or Ginn.

Ginn would be an okay pick at around #20 but no way at #9. I think the main reason he is rated so high is because of the Devin Hester affect. Now everybody in the league is looking for the next game changing return man.

Yeah, we wouldn't want a game changer at #9.:wink:

When I look at Ginn play, I think of him as the Reggie Bush of WR. Have you seen how he will stop and next you know he is gone. The guy is a game changer and we might be able to trade Booker on draft day if selected.

Ginn has got to be one of the highest risk players in this draft. He's still suffering a foot injury that he got in an endzone celebration?
Ted Ginn has never been questioned for durability. And the only ones questioning him still ailing, are the ones who have no idea what a mid-foot sprain can do to someone. IMO, it is the worst lower extremity sprain you can experience, as it leaves all of the bones in the arch of the foot very unstable. If not taken care of properly, he could have serious problems with it. No thanks to the people with the McDonalds mentalities, he's rehabing correctly, and any medical staff would know this.

He hasnt' been blazing fast, and he weighs like 178 or 176 or something.
He hasn't been blazing fast lately? See above. :shakeno: By the way, he's 6-0 180.

He's not a polished receiver, so he probably wouldn't help out much there this year, so basically, we'd be spending our ever so important first round pick on a kick returner with very questionable durability and size
WR is still new to him, yet he's ranked as one of the best WR's in this draft. What does that tell you. It tells me that he will soon turn into something real special as a WR, and he's polished enough right now to keep defenders on their heels. And again, his durability has never been questioned before, except by those with no neuromusculoskeletal training.

People compare him to Steve Smith, but that's hogwash. Steve Smith weighed 186 when he came out and was the same height and didn't have any durability questions and had BLAZING speed both on film and at the combine.
Ginn is 6-0, Smith is 5-9. And there is a 6 lb difference here. Like you could tell the difference if you picked both of them up? Anyone with an optic nerve can see BLAZING speed with Ginn on film, and hopefully you now know why you didn't see it at the combine or the "just real fast" proday.

Ginn wasn't even able to run at the combine and in his pro day didn't clock out that fast, he was running in the 4.4 range
Did you miss the part about scouts and trainers being wowed at his 4.38 on an unstable foot? Wow dude, if you have an alligence to another player for our 1st round pick, just say so. Don't make things up to degrade another player just because you don't like the pick.

Use my head? READ WHAT I TYPED! i said its a crap shoot. Nuff said. Dont call me a puppy dog either when you dont understand my post. Ive already said you didnt understand my post and you still dont "get it". Ive already said you have misunderstood my post and you wont back off?
Im a Fin fan as are you so i suggest u drop it and we share a drink bro. that ok?

Fair enough. I re-read the first post in question, and I think that I read it from too much of a negative light after reading a bunch of the annoying posts that preceded it and followed it. Drinks in Ft. Lauderdale or England anytime, cheers.

I'am not bashing you, please don't take it that way.

There's only two people that really know what the Dolphins are going to do and that is being coach Cam and Mr. Mueller.
There's a lot of blah, blah, blah and very heavy smoke screens going on with all the teams right now.

However, when our team does make the media, we do get a little excited:wink:

They dont even know yet. There still gathering info. but if we stay at 9 and draft Ginn, you can hang up Randy Mueller looking any kinds of being a good evaluator and knowing what this team needs. He set himself to get OL and QB and now he is focusing on a one dimensional reciever with a high ankle sprain.

Makes a lotta sense Randy!

Thanks for the video. I could have sworn I saw Ginn, Jr running a couple of crossing routes in that video.

Maybe I was wrong because we all know he doesn't run routes over the middle. :rolleyes2

Maybe you can show me a video of Ginn scoring from the red zone(something this team is in desperate need of)...

NO

Just show me a vid of someone throwing him a pass in the red zone since
it was only done 6 times in 3 years (37 games) while at Ohio.Seems to me Ohio knew something about Ginns (lack of) playmaking ability in the red zone.

If you want a one dimensional player outstanding return man,as a wide receiver he needs ALOT of work...doesn't mean that in the future his route running will be more than "JUST GO AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN AND I
WILL THROW IT IN THE VACINITY"

All seriousness here why was he not utilized more than 6 times in 3 years
Now these are passes not touchdowns...THIS IS A HUGE RED FLAG....

That your team would only throw to you 6 times in the red zone in 3 years
when your the teams so called #1 playmaker(outside the red zone)

Do you people realize we are very poor with our wideouts inside the red zone
and with the addition of Ginn if past performance is an indication of future performance then we are in trouble.

If Ohio was scared to throw to Ginn in the red zone for whatever reason(one I would love to know for sure)How do you think he will do in the red zone with his routes and seperation playing against much higher quality DBs.

I think with practice and determination Ginn could improve as a wideout but for now All the Ginn lovers should be asking themselves,"WHY DID THEY ONLY THROW HIS WAY 6 TIMES IN 3 YEARS WITH IN THE RED ZONE"

They dont even know yet. There still gathering info. but if we stay at 9 and draft Ginn, you can hang up Randy Mueller looking any kinds of being a good evaluator and knowing what this team needs. He set himself to get OL and QB and now he is focusing on a one dimensional reciever with a high ankle sprain.

Makes a lotta sense Randy!

What are you basing this statement on?

Back
Top Bottom