ESPN Cold Pizza: Fins Zeroing in on Ginn | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Cold Pizza: Fins Zeroing in on Ginn

Lets clear up some misconceptions and half truths.

First of all, Miami has met with Drew Stanton and Ted Ginn on 4 occasions. The first was in Indianapolis. The second was at the OSU Pro Day, where I have it on very good authority that Ginn went with Mueller and Cameron for a chalk talk session after the other Bucks had worked out. They then went to the Ginn workout last week and Teddy was in Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

Secondly, anyone that thinks Ginn is one dimensional is delusional. He can hurt you as a WR, he can hurt you as a runner, on screens, reverses, he can hurt you at QB, he can return kicks AND he can play a little dime DB for you.

Thirdly, it's a mid foot sprain, not a broken ankle as someone said.

Fourth, probably a little more than half of Ginn's receptions at OSU were across the middle, which is the biggest myth that needs dispelling. He was hugely effective on crossing routes.

Fifth, yes, being thrown to only 6 times in the redzone is curious, but the guy can get open in a phone booth, so there are numerous factors that need looking at to truly quantify this; was he used in redzone packages as much as you think? I mean, when you have Gonzo, a 6'3 Will Crall, a 6'1 Albert Dukes, a 6'3 Brian Hartline, a 6'1 David Lisko, a 6'4 Devon Lyons, a 6'6 Andy Miller, a 6'5 Rory Nichol, a 6'1 Kyle Ruhl and a 6'3 Roy Hall to throw to, then that puts a little different perspective on it straight off the bat.

You also have to ask on which plays was he lined up to a certain part of the formation so as to take the best cover corner and the safety rolling over, to allow the guys named above to be open?

Then you need to ask how many times he lined up as a TB, or at QB or as a wishbone runner, etc. I don't know the answers to this and really, only Jim Tressell and Jim Bollman know.

But lets not sling around half truths and fairy stories without contextualising things. You might not like or want Ginn on the team, but lets keep our perspective.

;)

Ginn has a wiry build with a lean frame,split high with long legs,lacking the bulk or strength to consistantly beat press coverage.

Ask 1st round CB Aaron Ross if he can beat press coverage.

That's if Ross is back in his jockstrap.

Or hook 1st round CB Leon Hall up and ask him.

Ask 1st round CB Aaron Ross if he can beat press coverage.

That's if Ross is back in his jockstrap.

Or hook 1st round CB Leon Hall up and ask him.

2 examples in 3 years ...outstanding perspective from the VIP gods

Oh and finally, Ginn's ability in traffic or otherwise is really not a huge issue. He will line up for the majority at flanker, playing wide to the strongside on the boundary corner. More often that not, that formation will see Chambers in the slot. With that being the case, the safety help will come on Chambers, leaning Ginn is 1 vs 1 on the outside. An inability to catch in traffic means nothing.

If the safety rolls out to help the corner, then it's the Bush effect as I said months ago. You've created a match-up that means CC is now on a nickel or dime back or even a linebacker, with no safety help.

If Ginn was playing split end, then my concern level would be increased a little. But he's not. Remember the scheme and where he fits in that and remember at OSU he took back 94 kicks and punts running straight into 11 men. That 6'0, 180lb frame held up pretty well as I recall to the tune of no injuries.

2 examples in 3 years ...outstanding perspective from the VIP gods

Trust me when I say I'll give you 15 examples and I'll document you the individual plays, but I don't want to make you look even more clueless than you currently do.

Is is possible he jogs faster than other players run? His speed is incredible. He's not my first choice but I certainly wouldn't mind having him as a fin. :)

Is is possible he jogs faster than other players run? His speed is incredible. He's not my first choice but I certainly wouldn't mind having him as a fin. :)
I think it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to say that he can run faster backwards over 40 yards than Levi Brown can do going forwards.

Ginn is not my first choice either. However, there is no denying that he would make an immediate impact. Miami has long missed the big play threat.

The red zone is more than 10 yards ...I thought you would have known that basic rule.

And if you go back to my post and re-read it you will find that I never said our receivers were ONLY bad in the red zone...I said our receivers are very poor in the red zone and I did not elaborate on there other short commings
(another mistake with your reading comprehension)

Last but not least if all ohio did was run and pass to Gonzo while in the red zone I'm surprised they had such success being so predictable.

In closing I still think we need red zone production and this is something no one can deny but Ginn shows me no solution to our red zone needs or any red zone needs for that fact.Who will be our red zone threat this year?

i know the red zone is over 10 yds its 20 yds, was just using it as a random number in the red zone, and you say my reading comprehension is bad i did not say they only run and pass to gonzo, i said they run majority of the time and in the red zone gonzo is their primary threat. as for our red zone threat if derek hagan can get his act together he would be a good target in the red zone, big and when he actually looks the ball in can catch the ball in traffic.

When I look at Ginn play, I think of him as the Reggie Bush of WR. Have you seen how he will stop and next you know he is gone. The guy is a game changer and we might be able to trade Booker on draft day if selected.

That is exactly what I want from our 9 pick. I want a player with hype, and a player that will change our team offensively. Reggie Bush brought that to the Saints last year. Not to mention, an immediate impact. I want to make a splash in this draft. Lets get some skilled playmakers on offense, and then maybe we will score more than 13 points a game or whatever rediculous amount we score.

Cold Pizza is a joke. If Quinn is available its a no-brainer, according to other sources we are getting a LT, a DT, and now we are getting a WR.
Cant wait till Draft day because NOBODY knows who will fall to us or Who will still be available.
Im damn sure the Fins have had numerous visits and visited numerous players to see if they will fit in. Its called being Professional and Homework.

I agree 100%.....perhaps they can't understand why after 4 months his ankle isn't any better...then again....the Doctors are the same ones who gave the green light on Culpepper and turn thumbs down on Brees. But whats new? The Dolphins love the disabled....from Yatil Green, Culpepper and Jason Allen...so come one, come all.

Back
Top Bottom