ESPN totally clowning Vince Young | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN totally clowning Vince Young

nick1 said:
he passed college at Texas, he's no idoit

I'm sure he had no help either being the star Qb. I mean he sounds very educated.

nick1 said:
he passed college at Texas, he's no idoit
Most college atheletes are required to go to table sessions where people help you with your work. I am sure most of the player on that team had some sort of tutor through school. I would imagine some had more help then others, judging by the wonderlic score some had ALOT more help.

nick1 said:
he can't throw effectiviely? thats news to me, since when is putting up 3,000 yards and posting one of the best QB ratings in the nation not throwing effectively? he only runs out of the shotgun in college because thats what all good running QB do in college, it's called maximazing his talent. do you see Vick running out of the shotgun in the NFL? he's still effective, he needs to learn to pass but Vick is still very effective. Young is proven a better passer than Vick. he is far more accurate and has just as good of a arm. the thing that sperates Young frm everybody else is his leadership, he is a gamer. he was joking around in the huddle during the title game, thats how relaxed he was. he was out to prove the world wrong for not giving him he Heisman and he did by dominating USC and winning MVP. what more do you want? he has prototypical QB size, he has prototypical arm strengh, he has above average leadership and above average legs
:lol:

Again, college STATS MEAN NOTHING! So he threw for 3000 yards in college, does that make him the next Manning? :lol: Give me a break. Young is a proven better passer than Vick? :lol: How? Because he put up good college numbers?

Thats like me saying Reggie Bush is a proven better running back than XXX.

He does NOT have the prototypical arm strength. :lol:

What I would like in a QB is a QB where Texas didnt need to DUMB down the offense for and a QB who can drop back in the pocket and progress through more than 1 read before he takes off running and a QB with great accuracy, GOOD THROWING MECHANICS, and the ability to thread the needle with the ball if needed.

Sounds like all this stuff is news to you also. Vince Young is a GREAT COLLEGE football player. His game will get SQUASHED in the NFL.

SpeedRush99 said:
Complete BS. Proven how? Young hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL. Young doesn't have half the arm strength of Vick.
You forget, he threw for 300 yards in college. If thats not NFL proven, then heck, I dont know what is. :shakeno: Young also has great armstrength, I know this because I watched 1 Texas game this year and I saw Vince throw the ball hard.

Philter25 said:
:lol:

Again, college STATS MEAN NOTHING! So he threw for 3000 yards in college, does that make him the next Manning? :lol: Give me a break. Young is a proven better passer than Vick? :lol: How? Because he put up good college numbers?

Thats like me saying Reggie Bush is a proven better running back than XXX.

He does NOT have the prototypical arm strength. :lol:

What I would like in a QB is a QB where Texas didnt need to DUMB down the offense for and a QB who can drop back in the pocket and progress through more than 1 read before he takes off running and a QB with great accuracy, GOOD THROWING MECHANICS, and the ability to thread the needle with the ball if needed.

Sounds like all this stuff is news to you also. Vince Young is a GREAT COLLEGE football player. His game will get SQUASHED in the NFL.
how did they "dumb" it down? there is no proof, they simply built the offense around Young and his abilities. he scored a 16 which is higher than Marino, why are you holding that against him? I was comparing Vick's college career and Young's college career and no doubt Young had the better career by far. Young read the USC defense all day and took what they gave him which is what you ask of a QB, they took away the deep ball so you couldn't see his arm strengh that day.

I have seen Young multiple times, I have seen at least 10 of his games. I don't appreciate you attacking me just because I disagree with you

Philter25 said:
You forget, he threw for 300 yards in college. If thats not NFL proven, then heck, I dont know what is. :shakeno: Young also has great armstrength, I know this because I watched 1 Texas game this year and I saw Vince throw the ball hard.
was that sarcsm? oh it was, just checking. Philter funny

nick1 said:
he can't throw effectiviely? thats news to me, since when is putting up 3,000 yards and posting one of the best QB ratings in the nation not throwing effectively? he only runs out of the shotgun in college because thats what all good running QB do in college, it's called maximazing his talent. do you see Vick running out of the shotgun in the NFL? he's still effective, he needs to learn to pass but Vick is still very effective. Young is proven a better passer than Vick. he is far more accurate and has just as good of a arm. the thing that sperates Young frm everybody else is his leadership, he is a gamer. he was joking around in the huddle during the title game, thats how relaxed he was. he was out to prove the world wrong for not giving him he Heisman and he did by dominating USC and winning MVP. what more do you want? he has prototypical QB size, he has prototypical arm strengh, he has above average leadership and above average legs
throwing for 3000 yards on a team that is in the top 5 recruiting class every year for offensive players isn't effective; it's guaranteed. he had tons of talent around him, that's nothing too impressive. QBs from hawaii and texas tech rack up 4000 yards every year. he doesn't have NEAR the arm strength as vick, not even close. i don't get all this "leadership" stuff with vince young. i don't see too much different btween him and omar jacobs. both are pretty reserved on the sidelines and seem to be relaxed at all times, yet jacobs is questioned for his leadership. because young is on a team stacked with blue-chippers, he's a leader? i remember seeing young sulking on the sidelines vs. texas a&m. put jacobs on texas and the result is the same. put ANY QB on texas and the result is the same. and why is it a good thing that he used the national championship as a stage to prove he should've won the heisman? if he cared more about THAT than the championship, then we know enough about his character.

youngs got good arm strength but hes no vick thats for sure... lets get that clear...

and i think hes great in interviews, he answers questions quickly and properly... i think you people are stereotyping him because hes got a southern drawl... kinda ****ed up but hey you guys think whatever you want...

Juan Cribbs said:
throwing for 3000 yards on a team that is in the top 5 recruiting class every year for offensive players isn't effective; it's guaranteed. he had tons of talent around him, that's nothing too impressive. QBs from hawaii and texas tech rack up 4000 yards every year. he doesn't have NEAR the arm strength as vick, not even close. i don't get all this "leadership" stuff with vince young. i don't see too much different btween him and omar jacobs. both are pretty reserved on the sidelines and seem to be relaxed at all times, yet jacobs is questioned for his leadership. because young is on a team stacked with blue-chippers, he's a leader? i remember seeing young sulking on the sidelines vs. texas a&m. put jacobs on texas and the result is the same. put ANY QB on texas and the result is the same. and why is it a good thing that he used the national championship as a stage to prove he should've won the heisman? if he cared more about THAT than the championship, then we know enough about his character.

Leadership is Vince Youngs strongest point

Whether it be keeping everyone loose in practice, or during games reserved is the last thing I would call Vince Young, He never 'sulks' if you ever see him on the sideline sitting there alone he isnt sulking he is thinking thats well known by his team and everyone around him, but the second he steps back into the huddle its on again, if he sulked USC would be national champions right now

So wait Vince Young should take a knock for the talent he plays with but not Matt Leinart? Matt leinart who has less arm strength than Young and throws floaters all around the field day in and day out? If anyone was helped by the talent around him it was Matt Leinart, Texas didnt have a great running game, teams knew the Ball was going to be in Vince's hands and he still tore them apart, he never runs after the first read which shows how little you have seen, he stands in the pocket better than almost any QB in the country.

You Put Matt Leinart on Texas and they are a two loss team, you put Vince Young on USC and they are national champions

arsenal said:
youngs got good arm strength but hes no vick thats for sure... lets get that clear...

quote]

Vick has the strongest arm in the NFL IMO

But Vince Young's arm isnt weak like some people are saying

Alex22 said:
he never runs after the first read which shows how little you have seen

:sidelol: Shows me how little you've seen.

^yeah thats what im saying, someone said hes got an arm like vick, i just disagree with that...

i personally think he can be successful in the nfl, hes got all the intangibles you can ask for in a QB, maybe hes got a funky delivery, maybe hes run a lot in college, but that doesn't mean he cant pass, and that doesn't mean he cant play in the NFL... just cause he did something that would make him successful in college, doesn't mean thast the only thing hes good at... he ran a lot in college cause it worked, does that mean thats all he can do? no what kinda logic is that...

people are saying he cant be a pocket passer but they are basing that on nothing...

nick1 said:
I have seen Young multiple times, I have seen at least 10 of his games. I don't appreciate you attacking me just because I disagree with you
Where did I attack you? :lol:

SpeedRush99 said:
:sidelol: Shows me how little you've seen.

He always goes to AT LEAST his third read before he takes off, those times you see him immediatly run are designed running plays

They use that same play he runs on a lot

Shotgun, Fake HB draw, QB keeper

They run that play between 7-13 times a game, and that accounts for most of his runs

Put it this way, he stands in the pocket very well when he's supposed to, when the play isnt there instead of throwing it away he runs

Back
Top Bottom