ESPN totally clowning Vince Young | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN totally clowning Vince Young

nick1 said:
and? you blame him for having good talent around him? you could say that about Bush or Leinart too. they have each other as well as the best o-line in the nation, which makes it alot easier to be successful.

Young has NFL type arm strengh, very good leadership, very good size (prototypical for an NFL QB), good scrambling ability, and is very accurate. why are you talking bad about him? because of some bogus test? because of his throwing motion? because you think he can't read a defense? His throwing motion isn't a problem, NFL scouts have said if anything isn't wrong than don't fix it and they say his throwing motion isn't a problem. he has proven to read defenses, just go over some tape. you guys need to get your facts straight about Young, until than don't bother talking

Well if we need to get our facts straight...... Young doesnt have NFL type arm strength.... I will agree to leadership, agree with size, agree with scrambling ability... when it comes to the other aspects of dropping back to pass and throwing the ball, come on, you cant seriously think he is one of the better QBs coming out of college at doing that? His mechanics WILL hurt him in the pros where there are all tall defenders on the Dline that will bat down his passes. He hasnt shown in college he can read a defense...... anyone can go through 2 progressions then take off running. Also show me where one reputable scout has said his throwing motion is fine.....

I have my facts straight on him. I watched every single UT game this year with my officemate..... he was a 2000 grad. He watched all PSU games with me and I watched the UT games with him. He is a great GREAT college QB, but come on, you cant seriously think he is going to have that success in the NFL as a passing QB?

Philter25 said:
That was a sarcastic response to SpeedRush's post mocking all the people who ONLY judge Young based on the Rose Bowl alone.... it wasnt directed at you or else I would have quoted you when I posted it.

Texas ran a dumbed down playbook this year. Since you watched so many Texas games this year, how many times did you see Vince Young under center? Also, how many times a game did Texas run the play where Young was in the shotgun, faked the handoff to the RB, faked the pass, then immediately took off running...... Also, as stated many times here on the board, how many basic passing plays were called where Young looked at one, then maybe two options, then took off running. When those are the majority of your playcalls, thats running a dumbed down playbook.

You call it using Young's strength knowing he is a good runner in college..... I call it running a dumbed down playbook because VY is a running QB and hiding his weaknesses..... either way, the playbook he ran in college in NO WAY shape or form is going to help him in the NFL. It can only hurt him. Thats one of the reasons I think he even came out in college. His hype was at its peak after the national championship game. What would playing another year in a dumbed down running first offense do to help him prepare for the NFL? Absolutely nothing.
your right but lots of QBs run the shotgun the majority of their college career, that doesn't mean passing is his weakness. look at the numbers, he had a very good completion percentage and a good TD:INT ratio not good enough? probably not, there is no changing opinions. just do one thing for me, be here while Young dominates the NFL

nick1 said:
look at the numbers,
I stopped reading right there. :lol: 2 words. Jason White. It really disturbs me how many people think numbers in college mean automatic translation to the NFL...... I was a lil boy once and thought the same thing.......

nick1 said:
just do one thing for me, be here while Young dominates the NFL
:lol: Dominates eh? Ill remember this.

Philter25 said:
Well if we need to get our facts straight...... Young doesnt have NFL type arm strength.... I will agree to leadership, agree with size, agree with scrambling ability... when it comes to the other aspects of dropping back to pass and throwing the ball, come on, you cant seriously think he is one of the better QBs coming out of college at doing that? His mechanics WILL hurt him in the pros where there are all tall defenders on the Dline that will bat down his passes. He hasnt shown in college he can read a defense...... anyone can go through 2 progressions then take off running. Also show me where one reputable scout has said his throwing motion is fine.....

I have my facts straight on him. I watched every single UT game this year with my officemate..... he was a 2000 grad. He watched all PSU games with me and I watched the UT games with him. He is a great GREAT college QB, but come on, you cant seriously think he is going to have that success in the NFL as a passing QB?
people said the same thing about Rivers but now nobody questions his delivery, here is the quote about Young's delivery although knowing you it's not good enough

From what Young said Friday, teams are tellin him, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" when it comes to the issue of Young's sidearm delivery. "Sitting down with some of the coaches now, hearing the different things they've been saying about my throwing motion, there's nothing really wrong with it. The media, that's who keeps talking about the throwing motion. There's nothing wrong with the throwing motion."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2344648

Philter25 said:
I stopped reading right there. :lol: 2 words. Jason White. It really disturbs me how many people think numbers in college mean automatic translation to the NFL...... I was a lil boy once and thought the same thing.......

:lol: Dominates eh? Ill remember this.
no they don't mean much but when you question his passing ability you have to look at what his completion percentage was and it was very good, I'm starting to tire from this subject but write it down that me and Alex told you first that Young would be a good player in the NFL and I'll remember you when it happens, he may need a couple years so don't jump to a conclusion too early in his career

nick1 said:
no they don't mean much but when you question his passing ability you have to look at what his completion percentage was and it was very good, I'm starting to tire from this subject but write it down that me and Alex told you first that Young would be a good player in the NFL and I'll remember you when it happens

Absolutely agree. It seems I hear the same 5 things from the VY huggers and then the same 30 things from all the VY-againsters. Ill remember you and Alex next year when Vince isnt "dominating" in the NFL..... lucky we cant put quotes in our sigs anymore.

nick1 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2344648[/quote]

Thats a great quote.... from YOUNG on HIS throwing mechanics. You really think the guy is going to pick out flaws at himself? As I said, I would enjoy to read a SCOUT actually say that about his mechanics.

Philter25 said:
Absolutely agree. It seems I hear the same 5 things from the VY huggers and then the same 30 things from all the VY-againsters. Ill remember you and Alex next year when Vince isnt "dominating" in the NFL..... lucky we cant put quotes in our sigs anymore.

Thats a great quote.... from YOUNG on HIS throwing mechanics. You really think the guy is going to pick out flaws at himself? As I said, I would enjoy to read a SCOUT actually say that about his mechanics.
why can't we quote in our sig. anymore? starting too many fights? :lol:

here is what a scout has to say, to sum it up he says

positives - Young has good arm strengh but not great. has a quick release, is a very rare athlete, has top intangibles and is a gamer who comes up big in the clutch

negatives - has a weird throwing motion which would need to be reworked, raw passer who needs to learn to read defenses better, and makes some poor throws

he also says Young is a elite prospect with a very high risk/reward factor

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/vinceyoung.html

I'll leave it at that

nick1 said:
here is what a scout has to say, to sum it up he says

positives - Young has good arm strengh but not great. has a quick release, is a very rare athlete, has top intangibles and is a gamer who comes up big in the clutch

negatives - has a weird throwing motion which would need to be reworked, raw passer who needs to learn to read defenses better, and makes some poor throws

he also says Young is a elite prospect with a very high risk/reward factor

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/vinceyoung.html

I'll leave it at that

I will too, because your post on what the scout said contradicted what you said earlier. :lol:

nick1 said:
Young has NFL type arm strengh,

Thats not what you posted the scout said.

nick1 said:
because of his throwing motion? because you think he can't read a defense? His throwing motion isn't a problem, NFL scouts have said if anything isn't wrong than don't fix it and they say his throwing motion isn't a problem.

Thats not what you posted the scout said.

nick1 said:
he has proven to read defenses, just go over some tape. you guys need to get your facts straight about Young, until than don't bother talking

And for the win, thats not what you posted the scout said AAAAAAAAAAAND the big slap in the face is you told US to stop talking til we get our facts straight.

You just :0wned: yourself.

And then of course to compare what I said to what YOU posted the scout said:

Philter25 said:

So Nick, who needs to stop talking until they get their VY facts straight?

Philter25 said:
:lol: So a trained crap-slinging monkey can answer the first 20, and then the more educated monkeys who poop in the corner can answer rest?

Come on, you are defending Young like you are his agent...... hmmmmm...... maybe it all makes sense now. :wink:

The guy is dumb as a barn door......

Forget the stupid wonderlic. Did you see him in the rose bowls?

Philter25 said:

nick1 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2344648[/quote]

So your giving him one year to pick up the NFL game and then lableing him a bust? :lol: Gotta give a guy at least 3 years unless he totally blows up

Vince Young has a stronger arm than Matt Leinart, and a little less arm than Cutler, but he has far more accuracy than people give him credit for, he almost always puts it where only his guy can get it, of course he makes mistakes everyone does, but overall he should be a very good player

Alex22 said:
So your giving him one year to pick up the NFL game and then lableing him a bust? :lol: Gotta give a guy at least 3 years unless he totally blows up

I will give him 2 years in a system before I label him a bust. Its normally a 2 year evaluation period for QBs in a new system. However all the hype Nick1 is giving him, it sounds like he is the next Manning..... but at the end of next year when he doesnt do anything, you bet im going to rub it in. :wink:

Philter25 said:
I will give him 2 years in a system before I label him a bust. Its normally a 2 year evaluation period for QBs in a new system. However all the hype Nick1 is giving him, it sounds like he is the next Manning..... but at the end of next year when he doesnt do anything, you bet im going to rub it in. :wink:

I expect him to sit on the bench a season anyway, to refine all his skills, which would be whats best of him

For Rookies its usually a 3 year thing before the bust talk should start

First Year- Learn the system, get a little game experience

Second Year- Go into the year knowing the system Gain Confidence in you and your team, learn to read more complex defense

Third Year- Put it all together and go out and play

young3ce-1.jpg

Philter25 said:

Even I will admit thats pretty funny :lol:

But totally untrue he's not a stupid person

If anything there should be one with Matt leinart passed out drunk in the locker room, then he could wake up and go 'Oh crap we have a game today?'

I hope Leinart goes to New Orleans I wanna see how much trouble he gets into partying

Back
Top Bottom