ESPN totally clowning Vince Young | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN totally clowning Vince Young

:deadhorse
No one here is going to concede a point. These back and forth arguments about Young are pretty pointless now.

SpeedRush99 said:
:sidelol: Shows me how little you've seen.
:lol:

Certain people I have learned just not to debate with because there is no point, Im suprised you havent learned that lesson yet.

Flyer22 said:
:deadhorse
No one here is going to concede a point. These back and forth arguments about Young are pretty pointless now.

:yeahthat:

But Ill stop defending him when everyone stops talking down about him

I can drop the subject, can they?

Absolutely. As long as he doesnt get a 10 on the retake of the retake. :lol:

I started this thread because ESPN was totally clowning him and it was hilarious.... I now know not to mention VY without it turning into a dead horse - a - thon.

Alex22 said:
He always goes to AT LEAST his third read before he takes off, those times you see him immediatly run are designed running plays

They use that same play he runs on a lot

Shotgun, Fake HB draw, QB keeper

They run that play between 7-13 times a game, and that accounts for most of his runs

Put it this way, he stands in the pocket very well when he's supposed to, when the play isnt there instead of throwing it away he runs

Not true at ALL. I've seen him take off after the first read MANY times. I love how all these Young fans say everytime he runs its a designed play, like you have the playbook in front of you and would know.

Philter25 said:
:lol:

Certain people I have learned just not to debate with because there is no point, Im suprised you havent learned that lesson yet.

No I learned that long ago. I just think its hilarious some of the excuses that come up.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not true at ALL. I've seen him take off after the first read MANY times. I love how all these Young fans say everytime he runs its a designed play, like you have the playbook in front of you and would know.

That play is a designed run, which they use about 7 to 13 times a game as I said

I have every game on tape of his, just watch his head scan the field, Ive seen him stand in the pocket with a player bearing straight down on him, he just steps up around the guy and makes the throw

Saying he runs when he isnt supposed to is just insane

Alex22 said:
Saying he runs when he isnt supposed to is just insane

I never said that. I said he doesn't always go through his progressions.

he does take off a lot before reading everything, not that it's a BAD thing, because it usually works. hard to tell if that's just the way he is or if he's doing what the defense gives him, because he did it every game, because he didn't play any good defenses. he tried it against ohio state a few times, and that didn't turn out so well.

Juan Cribbs said:
he does take off a lot before reading everything, not that it's a BAD thing, because it usually works. hard to tell if that's just the way he is or if he's doing what the defense gives him, because he did it every game, because he didn't play any good defenses. he tried it against ohio state a few times, and that didn't turn out so well.

I agree, nothing wrong with trying to make a play. My point was its just plain foolish to say he never takes off before checking all his WRs.

Alex22 said:
So wait Vince Young should take a knock for the talent he plays with but not Matt Leinart? Matt leinart who has less arm strength than Young and throws floaters all around the field day in and day out? If anyone was helped by the talent around him it was Matt Leinart, Texas didnt have a great running game, teams knew the Ball was going to be in Vince's hands and he still tore them apart, he never runs after the first read which shows how little you have seen, he stands in the pocket better than almost any QB in the country.

You Put Matt Leinart on Texas and they are a two loss team, you put Vince Young on USC and they are national champions
who mentioned leinart? the point was that the guy was bringing up his stats as an example, and i said anyone could put up the same passing stats with the talent around him. it's more that i was discounting his usage of statistics as a measuring tool for how good of a passer he is. and i'm tired of all this "he carried the team on his back" stuff like texas is a bad team. if he got to the rose bowl on, say, vanderbilt--a team that has had ONE offensive player drafted since 1982--i'd be more impressed. lots of 5-star athletes at the skill positions for texas, lots of depth, too, and a massive offensive line. not to mention a top 5 defense (a lot better than leinart's).

Philter25 said:
Where did I attack you? :lol:
you were trying to say I only saw Young 1 time which is completely false which challenged my creditablity, it's cool. just one question, how did Mack Brown dumb down the offense for Young? he probably changed the offense to best use Young's strengh but that doesn't mean he dumbed it down

Juan Cribbs said:
who mentioned leinart? the point was that the guy was bringing up his stats as an example, and i said anyone could put up the same passing stats with the talent around him. it's more that i was discounting his usage of statistics as a measuring tool for how good of a passer he is. and i'm tired of all this "he carried the team on his back" stuff like texas is a bad team. if he got to the rose bowl on, say, vanderbilt--a team that has had ONE offensive player drafted since 1982--i'd be more impressed. lots of 5-star athletes at the skill positions for texas, lots of depth, too, and a massive offensive line. not to mention a top 5 defense (a lot better than leinart's).
and? you blame him for having good talent around him? you could say that about Bush or Leinart too. they have each other as well as the best o-line in the nation, which makes it alot easier to be successful.

Young has NFL type arm strengh, very good leadership, very good size (prototypical for an NFL QB), good scrambling ability, and is very accurate. why are you talking bad about him? because of some bogus test? because of his throwing motion? because you think he can't read a defense? His throwing motion isn't a problem, NFL scouts have said if anything isn't wrong than don't fix it and they say his throwing motion isn't a problem. he has proven to read defenses, just go over some tape. you guys need to get your facts straight about Young, until than don't bother talking

nick1 said:
and? you blame him for having good talent around him? you could say that about Bush or Leinart too. they have each other as well as the best o-line in the nation, which makes it alot easier to be successful.

Young has NFL type arm strengh, very good leadership, very good size (prototypical for an NFL QB), good scrambling ability, and is very accurate. why are you talking bad about him? because of some bogus test? because of his throwing motion? because you think he can't read a defense? His throwing motion isn't a problem, NFL scouts have said if anything isn't wrong than don't fix it and they say his throwing motion isn't a problem. he has proven to read defenses, just go over some tape. you guys need to get your facts straight about Young, until than don't bother talking

Opinions, everyone's entitled to them.

nick1 said:
you were trying to say I only saw Young 1 time which is completely false which challenged my creditablity, it's cool. just one question, how did Mack Brown dumb down the offense for Young? he probably changed the offense to best use Young's strengh but that doesn't mean he dumbed it down

That was a sarcastic response to SpeedRush's post mocking all the people who ONLY judge Young based on the Rose Bowl alone.... it wasnt directed at you or else I would have quoted you when I posted it.

Texas ran a dumbed down playbook this year. Since you watched so many Texas games this year, how many times did you see Vince Young under center? Also, how many times a game did Texas run the play where Young was in the shotgun, faked the handoff to the RB, faked the pass, then immediately took off running...... Also, as stated many times here on the board, how many basic passing plays were called where Young looked at one, then maybe two options, then took off running. When those are the majority of your playcalls, thats running a dumbed down playbook.

You call it using Young's strength knowing he is a good runner in college..... I call it running a dumbed down playbook because VY is a running QB and hiding his weaknesses..... either way, the playbook he ran in college in NO WAY shape or form is going to help him in the NFL. It can only hurt him. Thats one of the reasons I think he even came out in college. His hype was at its peak after the national championship game. What would playing another year in a dumbed down running first offense do to help him prepare for the NFL? Absolutely nothing.

Back
Top Bottom