Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Explain the "Jump" Tannehill made in 2016

and you say my comparisons are bad

Yeesh
Point still stands. People are scared that Miami can’t do better than Tannehill. Can’t blame them though. Enduring so many bad qbs can scar you for life. Also I only said your one comparison of Parker to Jordy Nelson was poor. Not bad.

Meanwhile in 4 years when Gase has been replaced, and Tannehill and Parker are still here, people will be wondering why Tannehill and Parker receive no respect.

No I proved that the Giants did it in 2011. There could be more for all i know i just knew the giants at the top of my head. The original question was "I defy you to find anyone other than Russell W who has recently made the playoffs with a terrible rated OL." I did just that.
well if you consider 5 years ago as "recent" you'd have a point but a lot has changed over that time including the rulebook. And it's still an anomaly.

Gotta draft a quarterback, Tannehill is mediocre and now also has a bum knee. The time has come.

When I started on these here interwebs, "IMHO" was a standard qualifier. Hell, forget the "humble." "IMO" would work just fine as an apt distinction, particularly for those who are in the habit of quoting individual opinion as fact.

Give me a break. He got hurt going into the playoffs last season and missed all of this season because of a failure to repair the previous injury. He has zero playoff stats because this team has been a disaster all around him in just about every way you can imagine. From incompetent coaching , horrible receiver play during the first 3 years of his career, horrible offensive line play, mediocre to horrible defenses over the past three seasons, and a bumbling front office. Other than that everything around Tannehill has been perfect. It's amazing he hasn't won 6 super bowls by now.

We aren't the Cleveland Brown since 2009 we have averaged between 6-8 wins besides the outlier year of 2016 in which we won 10. Thats the definition of mediocre. You guys like to act like having a better QB wouldn't make a difference when clearly it would.

SEE 49ers with Jimmy G being winless until he showed up and being 4-0 since he took over. Did the team all of sudden have better coaching, O-line, defense when he showed up or is a QB just that impactful. They were basically battling it out with the Browns for the 1st overall pick this year.

SEE Eagles with Carson Wentz, Eagles had 2 consecutive 7-9 seasons, Wentz improved in year 2 and they have won 13 games this year.

SEE Rams with Jared Goff, Rams had 10 consecutive losing seasons, Goff improved in year 2 and they have 11 wins this year.

A healthy Luck had 3 consecutive 11 win seasons with a defense ranked #21 #9 and #19 and a rushing offense ranked #22, #20, and #22.Chuck Pagano as his head coach, other than that everything around Luck has been perfect. Oh by the way his o-line was ranked #31, #25, and #17.

Before we got Tannehill we won 7, 7 and 6 games with likes of Chad Henne and Matt Moore. Since we got Tannehill he has won 7, 8, 8, 6, and 8. I realize he got hurt in 2016 and the Dolphins won 10 games but he personally won 8 for the year and theres no to know for sure if he would have won 2 of the next 3 games. So what has he added to a team that was winning 7 and 6 games? we went 8-8 twice, and 6-10 his 4th year so he essentially gave us 1 more win. You see those guys above and how many wins their team went up by in year 2.

Heck even this year with Cutler at QB we have won 6 games so far which is in line with what Tannehill has done for us. If you don't think a better QB could do more well than I guess its just a huge coincidence that all those teams above started winning when their QB's started playing better.

Point still stands. People are scared that Miami can’t do better than Tannehill. Can’t blame them though. Enduring so many bad qbs can scar you for life. Also I only said your one comparison of Parker to Jordy Nelson was poor. Not bad.
miami should be trading up to draft a qb if they see one.

its about time we try and hit a home run, rather than being content with mediocrity at best year in and year out. the eagles traded up for wentz, the texans traded up for watson, wentz was at worst going to finish 3rd in mvp voting this year, and watson was well on his way to rookie of the year, and who knows what would have happened with him if he stayed healthy.

we need a difference maker at qb to compete, because my worst fear which will prob come true is next year we finish no better than 8-8, and then we hear all the excuses as to why tannehill struggled, whether it was the o line, coaching, nearly 2 years of not playing football so he was rusty, and then we will be in the same crappy situation again.

well if you consider 5 years ago as "recent" you'd have a point but a lot has changed over that time including the rulebook. And it's still an anomaly.

How's this for recent Luck had 3 consecutive 11 win seasons (2012,2013 and 2014) with a defense ranked #21 #9 and #19 and a rushing offense ranked #22, #20, and #22. His o-line was ranked #31, #25, and #17. All playoff seasons. Still an anomaly? Whats going to be the your reasoning for why this doesn't count?

We aren't the Cleveland Brown since 2009 we have averaged between 6-8 wins besides the outlier year of 2016 in which we won 10. Thats the definition of mediocre. You guys like to act like having a better QB wouldn't make a difference when clearly it would.

SEE 49ers with Jimmy G being winless until he showed up and being 4-0 since he took over. Did the team all of sudden have better coaching, O-line, defense when he showed up or is a QB just that impactful. They were basically battling it out with the Browns for the 1st overall pick this year.

SEE Eagles with Carson Wentz, Eagles had 2 consecutive 7-9 seasons, Wentz improved in year 2 and they have won 13 games this year.

SEE Rams with Jared Goff, Rams had 10 consecutive losing seasons, Goff improved in year 2 and they have 11 wins this year.

A healthy Luck had 3 consecutive 11 win seasons with a defense ranked #21 #9 and #19 and a rushing offense ranked #22, #20, and #22.Chuck Pagano as his head coach, other than that everything around Luck has been perfect. Oh by the way his o-line was ranked #31, #25, and #17.

Before we got Tannehill we won 7, 7 and 6 games with likes of Chad Henne and Matt Moore. Since we got Tannehill he has won 7, 8, 8, 6, and 8. I realize he got hurt in 2016 and the Dolphins won 10 games but he personally won 8 for the year and theres no to know for sure if he would have won 2 of the next 3 games. So what has he added to a team that was winning 7 and 6 games? we went 8-8 twice, and 6-10 his 4th year so he essentially gave us 1 more win. You see those guys above and how many wins their team went up by in year 2.

Heck even this year with Cutler at QB we have won 6 games so far which is in line with what Tannehill has done for us. If you don't think a better QB could do more well than I guess its just a huge coincidence that all those teams above started winning when their QB's started playing better.
your right, there is absolutely no way to know what would have happened, and anything that people say would have happened is all speculation. if we were to go based on track record, tannehill has played like absolute **** in buffalo in his career, and same with the jets.

miami should be trading up to draft a qb if they see one.

its about time we try and hit a home run, rather than being content with mediocrity at best year in and year out. the eagles traded up for wentz, the texans traded up for watson, wentz was at worst going to finish 3rd in mvp voting this year, and watson was well on his way to rookie of the year, and who knows what would have happened with him if he stayed healthy.

we need a difference maker at qb to compete, because my worst fear which will prob come true is next year we finish no better than 8-8, and then we hear all the excuses as to why tannehill struggled, whether it was the o line, coaching, nearly 2 years of not playing football so he was rusty, and then we will be in the same crappy situation again.
I don’t mind Tannehill. But Miami shouldn’t stand pat with him and think they don’t need to worry about QB anytime soon and not look to upgrade if they can.

I don’t mind Tannehill. But Miami shouldn’t stand pat with him and think they don’t need to worry about QB anytime soon and not look to upgrade if they can.
as some other posters have mentioned in other threads, tannehill is the worst situation u can have, in the sense that hes not awful enough where the team says lets look for an upgrade, but hes also not good enough to be make a team legit without having top notch players at basically every position on the football field. we will be stuck between 6 and 10 wins tops with him here.

we shouldn't be content, the guy is going to be 30, coming off a torn acl, and he was never elite pre acl, so even if he gets back to where he was, nothing to be excited about.

How's this for recent Luck had 3 consecutive 11 win seasons (2012,2013 and 2014) with a defense ranked #21 #9 and #19 and a rushing offense ranked #22, #20, and #22. His o-line was ranked #31, #25, and #17. All playoff seasons. Still an anomaly? Whats going to be the your reasoning for why this doesn't count?
Did he play in the AFC East or in cupcake city?

and considering the 32, 31 and 30th OL 's Tannehill played behind and pissed blood from, #25 and #17 would be like the Lingerie League

Last edited:
with the exception of the pats, in tannehills time here, the afc east has been weak, and truth is, tannehill in miami usually plays decent vs the pats.
AFC east has been awful outside of NE. It has not been that more difficult than the South. It may look like it from our point of view because Miami can't beat the Jets and Bills consistently

Did he play in the AFC East or in cupcake city?

and considering the 32, 31 and 30th OL 's Tannehill played behind and pissed blood from, #25 and #17 would be like the Lingerie League

I find it funny how first you brought up defenses and I showed you what Brees and Marino did with similar defenses, than you said he's had a horrible o-line and how only Russell had made the playoffs with a bad o-line and I bring up Eli Manning which you said was an anomaly so I bring up Luck and his #31 and #25 ranked O-line. (which i see you conveniently had nothing to say about his 31st ranked o-line). Now you bring up how his division is easy like the east is so hard outside New England.

So basically every time I disprove you by showing that you can make the playoffs without a top defense (as shown by my Brees and Marino example) how you can make the playoffs with a crap O-line (11 Manning, 12-13 Luck) you just keep changing the criteria. So seeing as your just going to keep adding new factors to the equation I bid thee farewell.

AFC east has been awful outside of NE. It has not been that more difficult than the South. It may look like it from our point of view because Miami can't beat the Jets and Bills consistently
yup, the jets have and bills have made the playoffs a combined 0 times since 2012. our division is awful with the exception of the pats yearly.

next year the afc south should be better than our division, assuming luck and watson stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom