Extension given to Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extension given to Dolphins

SkapePhin said:
And if you happen to not attend a game that gets blacked out, but plan to or did attend at least one game otherwise, you think its fair a fan gets excluded from being able to watch his/her fave team on Sunday?

I try to go to 2 games a year.. Im going to the Carolina game.. But what if I wanted to attend another game instead, and this one gets blacked out.. Does that make me a bad fan, and thus I merit not getting to see the game?

Your not getting the point. All you think I'm trying to say is people are these bad fans, and not diehard fans.

The point is to start building a full house. The Bronco's game was one of the highest watched TV games in the South Florida area. If there was no threat of a blackout being LIFTED, then some of them same hundreds of thousands watching would start going to a game or two like yourself. It would work itself out to never a threat to be blacked out!!! Some people have probably never attended a game in person, and I'm willing to bet they would love the atmosphere. Many of them, would start thinking season tickets!

Two years ago the team sold 60,000 season tickets. For the prior 6-7 years they had been slowly progressing in season ticket sales. They need to sell around 67,000 seats for games. But this is a task that is not easy to do, and by doing it my way, I'm betting that plenty of people who can go, and can afford to go, will start going!

Having around 67,000 tickets already sold for each game does many things. It reduces the number of opposing teams fans in Dolphins stadium. It reduces the possibilities of other teams fans buying 30 seat out of town packages all in one section. It makes me happy because the stadium would be full. AND it makes it almost a sure thing that those individuals, and families that are less fortunate, will never be threatened of a blackout again.

I'm not talking about a ten year plan here. It would take less than four home games for things to start turning around. I'm pretty confident because with Saban as Coach this team will once again become a good product to watch!

So I'm not trying to pick on you as a one or two game fan. I'm looking at a much larger picture here. That's why I could care less if people get stuck listening to games via the Radio for a while.

kastofsna120 said:
yeah, for you. but what about a guy who wants to bring his family? that's 120 right there (for those crappy tickets) plus tax, and then you gotta feed them, and maybe the kids want a jersey or hat or something. and what if you want to sit in the good seats? and then there are the lines, the heat, the annoying people, the bad field vision, etc etc. i don't see what's so great about going to games at all. college games? that's differnet. there's an actual atmosphere there, something you don't experience at pro games

See, its this type of person that I feel absolutely no pitty for when a game is blacked out. You made up excuse after excuse, then go as far as to stretch the truth to avoid going.

Make your kids mow lawns all week after school to raise the funds. Then on game day feed your kids at home, buy them some water and tell them to sit down, then get on thier shoulders and get a better vision of the field.

i dont know how you could have a dome in miami...think about it in all seriousness. its to sunny, its to nice, its to hot. that just doesnt sit right with me. you wanna move thet seats closer to the field, possibly reduce the number of seats to increase home field advantage fine, but i wish more people felt like ozzy

claytonAndDuper said:
i dont know how you could have a dome in miami...think about it in all seriousness. its to sunny, its to nice, its to hot. that just doesnt sit right with me. you wanna move thet seats closer to the field, possibly reduce the number of seats to increase home field advantage fine, but i wish more people felt like ozzy

i hear you, especially about the early season advantage. but as ozzy showed with the ratings, there is clearly interest; the interest however seems to be in an air-conditioned house.

i agree that there should be blackouts, but can the problem be solved? they couldnt even sellout 2 playoff games

stupid question: is there a possibility that this home field advantage can damage a teams psyche for the end of the season? so, at the end of the season, they feel that they have lost the edge at home they used to have?

think about it in reverse: say the pats had snow in the beginning of the season. it would be tough for teams to go play there early. by the end of the season, its in the 60's and teams are no longer intimidated by the climate

good point, but we can have a home field advantage without the heat, look no farther than KC and the sea of red. someone has mentioned zach on dolphins insider counting on the fans this weekend. thats awesome. how does that not get you pumped, zach thomas is asking us to do our part to help our team win, with some of the cheapest prices around how can you not come out for that

Maynard said:
time for a dome ozzy?

No Dome for me! That's when I'll consider never going again. I love South Florida, and the heat, and humidity that goes along with it. That's why I live here!! If the owner wants to build a 1/3 covered ceiling for some shade in the stands that might be OK with me, but in no way, shape, or form would I want the elements taken out of Dolphins Stadium, rain included.

Ozzy said:
No Dome for me! That's when I'll consider never going again. I love South Florida, and the heat, and humidity that goes along with it. That's why I live here!! If the owner wants to build a 1/3 covered ceiling for some shade in the stands that might be OK with me, but in no way, shape, or form would I want the elements taken out of Dolphins Stadium, rain included.

i love your passion. i just think it may end up being the solution. a retractable would be nice. they could open it up for night games an when it starts to cool off down here

Maynard said:
i hear you, especially about the early season advantage. but as ozzy showed with the ratings, there is clearly interest; the interest however seems to be in an air-conditioned house.

i agree that there should be blackouts, but can the problem be solved? they couldnt even sellout 2 playoff games

stupid question: is there a possibility that this home field advantage can damage a teams psyche for the end of the season? so, at the end of the season, they feel that they have lost the edge at home they used to have?

think about it in reverse: say the pats had snow in the beginning of the season. it would be tough for teams to go play there early. by the end of the season, its in the 60's and teams are no longer intimidated by the climate

Ahh but they did sell out those playoff games. And guess what? Those two games (Ravens, and Colts) were two games where the stands were nearly packed at gametime, and my goodness, they were two of the loudest games in the History of this stadium. The Colts game especially!! Why? Because the people showed that they indeed had interest, and that they indeed could find a way to move their funds around to be able to afford to go.

Those games were fun, but they lose one of the games, and barely competed offensively, and after winning the other game, they get totally blown out the next. That's one of the big changes I feel that Saban has brought to Miami. I think he is a good enough coach that this team will start making it much more interesting to see games live.

Maynard said:
i love your passion. i just think it may end up being the solution. a retractable would be nice. they could open it up for night games an when it starts to cool off down here

Thanks! I speak loudly from my heart when it comes to this team. I've been a fan for a long long time! I'm not saying I'm a better fan than anyone, I just know me.

The Orange Bowl is hotter than Dolphins Stadium. The Aluminum seats attract heat. But back when this team was winning SB's in the early 70's they filled it, and the Orange Bowl held more people. No one was complaining about the heat back then. That place was a rockin, stompin, screamin, and hanky wavin good time!

A game under a roof with A/C and artificial turf turns my stomach. This is the Sunshine State so let the Sun shine in.........

claytonAndDuper said:
good point, but we can have a home field advantage without the heat, look no farther than KC and the sea of red. someone has mentioned zach on dolphins insider counting on the fans this weekend. thats awesome. how does that not get you pumped, zach thomas is asking us to do our part to help our team win, with some of the cheapest prices around how can you not come out for that

Man, don't you ever change! I'm not saying other people just plain stink as fans, but you are the type I like to see more of !!!

Ozzy said:
Those games were fun, but they lose one of the games, and barely competed offensively, and after winning the other game, they get totally blown out the next. That's one of the big changes I feel that Saban has brought to Miami. I think he is a good enough coach that this team will start making it much more interesting to see games live.

totally agree about saban. the guy instills confidence to players, fans, even the media to a degree. im rather surprised there wasnt more enthusiasm for the opener...then again if a casual fan saw what the TV media said, theres not too much to get excited about.

btw, i highly doubt a saban led team will stink it up follwing a playoff win. since im reminiscing and rambling, i remember the day lamar smith rushed for 2...09 was it? espn showed a stat that said the game after a RB ran for over 200 yards in a playoff game, he stunk the next game. talk about a buzz kill...and it was right

Maynard said:
btw, i highly doubt a saban led team will stink it up follwing a playoff win. since im reminiscing and rambling, i remember the day lamar smith rushed for 2...09 was it? espn showed a stat that said the game after a RB ran for over 200 yards in a playoff game, he stunk the next game. talk about a buzz kill...and it was right

That game Lamar got the 200 yards was the Colts game I refered too. The loudest game I can remember in a long time. Then of course the team stunk it up the next week.....

For those that care the blackout has been lifted, the game will be shown on local tv.

Sorry Ozzy, once again I'll be watching the game for free in the comforts of my home while you sweat your butt off. :D

Back
Top Bottom