Extension given to Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extension given to Dolphins

kastofsna120 said:
yeah, for you. but what about a guy who wants to bring his family? that's 120 right there (for those crappy tickets) plus tax, and then you gotta feed them, and maybe the kids want a jersey or hat or something. and what if you want to sit in the good seats? and then there are the lines, the heat, the annoying people, the bad field vision, etc etc. i don't see what's so great about going to games at all. college games? that's differnet. there's an actual atmosphere there, something you don't experience at pro games

Typical Fin Beotch. Some of these people are such babies.

I said it before and I'll keep on saying it till you people get it through your thick skulls!!!!

A WING PILOT said:
I'm sick and tired of all of you telling us in south Florida how you all would go to the games. I'm sick of the assumptions that everyone has the time or money to go to the games. I'm sick of suggesting blackouts because not everyone is as "DIE HARD" as you. I'm really sick of the fact that you call us bad fans. I'm tired of the constant bashing of South Florida Fans and I'm tired of these stupid threads talking about this. And most of all I'm tired of my self responding to them. So lets touch all the bullet points

1. Its expensive and if I'm going to limit my games then bet your sweet behind I'm going to a good one like jets, bills, pats. Not Carolina.

2. Some people have other things to do outside of football.

3. The Carolina game with humidity will feel like its about 100-120 degrees, you go sit in that for 4 hours lemme know how excited you are.

4. So what if I want to sit home and watch it in HD on my couch in my underwear why do you get a pass and I a local don't?

5. Yes south Florida fans aren't NY fans. Yes I F$#%^ get it, get off my back about it. Your complaining to the people that go. If you want to ***** and moan about it, moan to those that don't go or don't want to (Which would not be the people on this board)

6. Blacking out the rest of the season is a HORRIBLE IDEA, way to stab the people that are on the fence in the back.. yeah that'll work. It reminds me of a slogan my friend had in his office " Beatings will continue until moral improves - The management" You NEVER EVER EVER Punish your fans if they come out or not.

7. People are @$$es at the stadium and tell me to sit down. Quit bitching and cheer. There's a time to stand and a time to sit and people will appreciate it.

8. Dolphin Stadium isn't loud. BS, that place was off the hook against the broncos and then i came home and watched the game on TV and could hear it as well.

9. Our fans leave early. EVERYONES FANS LEAVE EARLY have you people ever even been to a football game????

I am a season ticket holder. I go to every game. I stay till the clock reads 0:00 in the fourth quarter, I don't even leave my seat for half time. I stand up and cheer at the right time and the people around me do as well. We get loud, we cheer, we talk about how great this season is going to be, we tailgate, we attend. So for me to come here and have to constantly be berated from fans in Sheboygan wherever, is really starting to piss me off.

Remember the people who are so dedicated to a team that the post constantly on a web site is NOT the target audience that you need to yell at about attendance.

Thank you and good night

Ozzy said:
See, its this type of person that I feel absolutely no pitty for when a game is blacked out. You made up excuse after excuse, then go as far as to stretch the truth to avoid going.

Make your kids mow lawns all week after school to raise the funds. Then on game day feed your kids at home, buy them some water and tell them to sit down, then get on thier shoulders and get a better vision of the field.

Exactly. There are so many damn excuses for not going. My whole point of this post is that if your not gonna buy tickets then don't complain if its blacked out.

Maynard said:
time for a dome ozzy?

Why don't we make every stadium a dome. That way we can all play in 70 degree weather. We'll all sip on martini's and eat cavier (sp?). Then there will be no heat, snow, rain or any other elements that make this game so great. Damn you people just piss me off. There is no passion. If it's to hot then move out of Florida. Do to North Dakota and send me a letter telling me how nice it is to live there. Let me know how there NFL team is doing too.

Ozzy said:
See, its this type of person that I feel absolutely no pitty for when a game is blacked out. You made up excuse after excuse, then go as far as to stretch the truth to avoid going.

Make your kids mow lawns all week after school to raise the funds. Then on game day feed your kids at home, buy them some water and tell them to sit down, then get on thier shoulders and get a better vision of the field.
why should i care? i live in tampa. blackout rules don't apply to me. besides, if the game isn't on TV, i'll listen to it on the radio

i don't get this "gameday experience" people are talking about. i've been to bucs dolphins games, i've been to bucs games, i've been to a super bowl, whatever. the "experience" i remember was waiting in long lines, loud annoying drunk people, a bad view of the field, the HEAT, and NO excitement (unless it's 4th and goal or something). way too many people there aren't even real football fans, or they're just there to sit and chill. very boring. see there's nothing like the college experience. i've been to games at USF that were better experiences than NFL games. and the super bowl was the worst...i guess if i cared about either team (ravens/giants) it would've been more exciting, but as an actual game it was pretty bad. too many people that had no reason to be at a football game

then there are other things, like i like switching channels during the commercial break to see how other games are going; i like having a fridge just 10 feet from my feet; i like having a bathroom just 15 feet from my foot; i like having a notepad to take notes; i like talking to people online during the game about the game....should i go on?

JackHammer said:
Screw going the the game. I will watch in high definition on my 65 inch with no complaints. Forget sitting in front of some ******* on his cell phone talking about what he did last night. Forget the lines to and from the stadium. Forget the 100 degree weather. I will watch in air conditioning and like it. I will be able to concentrate on game without any interference.

I agree. I usually don't go to a game till october. Beer is so cheap right now ($6.65 a case), and the AC is so nice. But watch out next year. I have my eye on some season tix.

Y'know, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing what lousy fans we are and how it serves us right to have the games blacked out. All the reasons/excuses have been made and discussed at length (transient population w/different team loyalties, expense, heat, time, parking, access, etc). This is not a new phenomenon to South Florida.

So at what point does ownership have to accept some responsibility? If it's a consistent problem, what is being done to correct it, besides the outdated and obviously ineffective use of extortion, er, I mean blackouts. Blackouts really only hurt 2 entities: the local TV affiliates that lose the better advertising dollars that would go along with a local game, and the local fans who may have been on the fence about the dolphins but now either lose interest from lack of exposure or just get a bad taste in their mouths from the perception of greedy ownership.

Obviously, a winning product is the best draw, and they're doing their best like any other team. But what other things could be done, especially with a new coach and new era, to try to create a more loyal fan base? Blackouts are adversarial. What about some help to let us know management considers us an assett and not just a meal ticket? Cheaper prices? Cheaper/free parking? Better crowd control to speed up the process? Some way to cool us (shade/misting/fans,etc)? More reasonable concession prices? I don't know the answer; it's up to them to find it.

The bottom line is it is a consistent problem because for whatever reason a large # of potential fans don't consider going to the game worth the time and expense. They're not getting value for the time and money they spend, it is up to the business to creatively address that to create a more dependable and loyal fan base. An adversarial blackout of the very fans they're trying to win over obviously doesn't work.

A good first step would be Wayne or the Fins buying out the remaining tix to lift the blackout and use it as positive PR; a "we're in this together" sort of message.
But at some point the business owner has to be held at least partly responsible for consistently poor sales.

it's easier for all of the zealots on here to blame the fans rather than admit any fault with the management.

msg said:
For those that care the blackout has been lifted, the game will be shown on local tv.

Sorry Ozzy, once again I'll be watching the game for free in the comforts of my home while you sweat your butt off. :D

THAT IS GREAT!!!! Another game at home on my couch. YES!!!!!!

kastofsna120 said:
why should i care? i live in tampa. blackout rules don't apply to me. besides, if the game isn't on TV, i'll listen to it on the radio

i don't get this "gameday experience" people are talking about. i've been to bucs dolphins games, i've been to bucs games, i've been to a super bowl, whatever. the "experience" i remember was waiting in long lines, loud annoying drunk people, a bad view of the field, the HEAT, and NO excitement (unless it's 4th and goal or something). way too many people there aren't even real football fans, or they're just there to sit and chill. very boring. see there's nothing like the college experience. i've been to games at USF that were better experiences than NFL games. and the super bowl was the worst...i guess if i cared about either team (ravens/giants) it would've been more exciting, but as an actual game it was pretty bad. too many people that had no reason to be at a football game

then there are other things, like i like switching channels during the commercial break to see how other games are going; i like having a fridge just 10 feet from my feet; i like having a bathroom just 15 feet from my foot; i like having a notepad to take notes; i like talking to people online during the game about the game....should i go on?

Great Post!!!!

anyone can watch a game on TV, HD or not. I think that is great. Some of you are so fat, it'd be a shame to get you off the couch.

only a select few of us can be AT the game. Sweating, screaming, paying too much for a beer.

Different strokes for different folks. Hope you enjoy what you've got.

So here's a legitimate question for those of us that would or do go to the occassional game: what could management do, within reason, to encourage you to go to more games? I recognize that it is a business, so big discounts aren't likely, but on the other hand, business has been sub-par for years, so maybe they've priced themselves out of the market.

Also, does a blackout encourage you to go to that and/or future games? Or does it make you lose interest, or become embittered about the team, perhaps encouraging you to root for a different team?

I'm just asking here.

msg said:
For those that care the blackout has been lifted, the game will be shown on local tv.

Sorry Ozzy, once again I'll be watching the game for free in the comforts of my home while you sweat your butt off. :D

Don't be sorry. I absolutely love the heat. That's why I live here. The heat is just an excuse. Plus I won't ever miss a game, while sooner or later you will. When it happens I'll be sure to leave you a nice note... ;)

Back
Top Bottom