Finheaven's QB Rankings? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven's QB Rankings?

I'm still laughing at the idea that anyone would take Colin Kaepernick over Ryan Tannehill right now. A lot of 49ers fans want Alex Smith back, and I don't blame them. Colin Kaepernick is ****ing terrible.

I am still not sold on Colin but he hasn't been as bad as people think and Ryan hasn't been better than him. he just has more playmakers to get the ball to.

In order:

1) Rodgers
2) Wilson
3) Rivers
4) Ryan
5) Luck
6) Stafford
7) Foles
8) Kaepernick
9) Newton
10) Dalton

Tannehill may improve in the future to the point that the list changes, but in the absence of a guarantee of such improvement, which is impossible, I have to substitute any of the above for him at the present time.

And if Manning, Brees, Brady, Romo, and Roethlisberger were younger and entering or not too far into their primes, I'd take them over Tannehill, as well, which puts Tannehill currently 16th in the league on my list, right about average.

LOL Kapernick!! Ru sure you don't have RGme on your list too

15z60x5-1.jpg

1. Rodgers
2. Luck
3. Wilson
4. Tanny
5. Cam
6. Stafford
6. Kaep
7. Ryan
8. Foles
9. Rivers
10. Dalton

This thread is like a comedy act. Of all the quarterbacks in the league, you guys are seriously aiming your most condemning remarks for Colin Kaepernick?

He averaged 8.3 yards per attempt last season and even in a supposedly down year he's at 7.5 this season, for a lifetime number of 7.8. In other words, a full yard above Tannehill.

That 7.8 is excellent, and makes the 49ers a legit threat in the playoffs. You can string together road wins with a quarterback who makes plays down the field.

Let me guess, we'll have happy adjustments, based on personnel or similar. It's never a thread without happy adjustments.

As always, I hope you guys don't speculate if you are saving barbs for a quarterback of the caliber of Colin Kaepernick.

Lots of short term overreaction going on. That's another popular theme.

I would take at least a dozen guys above Tannehill, including the veterans. Why are so many people shy about naming the veterans? Winning one Super Bowl in the next handful of years is more valuable than attaching full faith in a 25 year old with mediocre stats and a questionable upside, based on his atypical background.

Oh sure I have! I'm that wrong all the time, whenever someone doesn't agree with me! :lol: ;)

FWIW, I think a lot of disagreeing is overdoing the stats and flying solo with them. Computers haven't taken over the world just yet, as college football has found out. Stats are great but, don't stand alone. I post them a lot but, mostly from PFF who has the eyeball test to an extreme. To me. that makes a big difference.

YPA is the flavor of the month for many, and it is a good stat. However, IF you watch a game, many ypa's are inflated due to what actually happened. A busted play can spike the stat significantly, and has little to do with the play of the QB, and I believe there are many plays where the stat just does not matter.

For some fun, let's watch the Pats game to see if that's true. There's likely to be around 25 completions to check. Look at the YPA on each, and what actually happened as to who did what, and how it reflects on Tannehill. It should be interesting to see how it all pans out on Monday or Tues.

I'll do the same, and anyone else who wants to join in is more than welcome. Any predictions?

This thread is like a comedy act. Of all the quarterbacks in the league, you guys are seriously aiming your most condemning remarks for Colin Kaepernick?

He averaged 8.3 yards per attempt last season and even in a supposedly down year he's at 7.5 this season, for a lifetime number of 7.8. In other words, a full yard above Tannehill.

That 7.8 is excellent, and makes the 49ers a legit threat in the playoffs. You can string together road wins with a quarterback who makes plays down the field.

Let me guess, we'll have happy adjustments, based on personnel or similar. It's never a thread without happy adjustments.

As always, I hope you guys don't speculate if you are saving barbs for a quarterback of the caliber of Colin Kaepernick.

Lots of short term overreaction going on. That's another popular theme.

I would take at least a dozen guys above Tannehill, including the veterans. Why are so many people shy about naming the veterans? Winning one Super Bowl in the next handful of years is more valuable than attaching full faith in a 25 year old with mediocre stats and a questionable upside, based on his atypical background.

This just in: Colin Kaepernick could have a YPA of 10, and he would still blow.

He is also wildly inconsistent and that could easily lose you a playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom