Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick

Wow. Based only on highlights (cuz that's the only tape I have), this guy could've been a #1 in a less defense heavy draft. Wow.

He's amazing in traffic. Amazing.

And faaaaaaast. He makes running down plays look easy. I don't know what he ran at the combine and I don't care. Combine is BS to me. Game speed and quickness is MORE than evident on film.

Saw quite too many high tackles so it's a good thing he is strong but that will be more of a worry in the big show.

Great pick. Great draft so far.

Now

It sounds like a great pick from what I hear. When we were discussing yesterday's pick and people were whining about not a linebacker, I already envisioned and described us being able to draft this type of LB in the second, I just didn't know he existed IRL. It seems like this FO is really getting it as far as where the team needs improvements.

Really not too happy about this one. Maybe he'll surprise. But yea Cunningham was a perfect fit for next to Timmons and Alonso. This guy and Timmons seems redundant. I guess good thing Timmons is only here two years.
I understand this line of thinking as well... but still like the pick

This takes me from hating Misi still being on the team to being good with him as solid depth if healthy. I love our draft so far. Yeah, there were some guys that we passed on, but we didn't reach and we got two potential starters for a long time on our defense.

We improved our pass rush yesterday, and our run defense today. Maybe you don't love it, but how could you not at least like it?

Our defense is better today. It's younger, faster, more athletic, quicker, and more aggressive. Our team is better as a result.

I dont follow college ball much, but one person in this thread called it a Home.Run. Outstanding. And he happens to be the person that's got his own section on this site in the draft forum... Everyone is wrong sometimes but I'll play the odds and side with him... But thats just me...

I know I like an endorsement like that from Slimm!! I wanted ZC but this is okay.

Guard / tedric Thompson / eddie Jackson

Would be solid

I'm sorry, I'm loving this draft. I want some secondary help, and a guard or two, but we're filling needs with good players.

Harris and Wake at DE, Phillips and Suh at DT with Hayes, Branch, and Fede

McMillam, Timmons, and Kiko at linebacker with Koa Misi backing them up

Lippet, Howard, and Maxwell at CB, Jones, McDonald (eventually) and Allen at Safety

Not perfect, but certainly better than last year. Better linebackers, by an infinite margin, and we replaced Mario Williams with Charles Harris. Let's find a nickel cornerback, a guard, and have some fun with whatever's left...

Anthony Walker should have been the pick. Does everything McMILLAN does only much better and without mcmillans week spots. Much, much better athlete also. Whoever our scouts are and whoever is ok'ing these picks needs to find a new hobby.

A situational de who is one dimentional and can't stop the run or shed blockers and will only see the field part time and an mlb who can't cover and will be a two down player.

I mean a DRAFT FULL of top notch athletes, productive, instinctive players and we pic two who have issues as athletes. We couldn't stop the run and the lb's couldn't cover so we pick a player #1 who can't stop the run and an lb at #2 who can't cover and is stiff as a board.

Only the dolphins folks, only the dolphins.

Can't believe that Jordan Willis made it to the 3rd, especially with all the hype on this board. Charles Harris is a beast though so I'm not really that worried, as a pure pass rusher Harris is definitely in the top 3.

We need either a FS/NCB or a Guard here in the 3rd.

anthony walker should have been the pick. Does everything mcmillan does only much better and without mcmillans week spots. Much, much better athlete also. Whoever our scouts are and whoever is ok'ing these picks needs to find a new hobby.

A situational de who is one dimentional and can't stop the run or shed blockers and will only see the field part time and an mlb who can't cover and will be a two down player.

I mean a draft full of top notch athletes, productive, instinctive players and we pic two who have issues as athletes. We couldn't stop the run and the lb's couldn't cover so we pick a player #1 who can't stop the run and an lb at #2 who can't cover and is stiff as a board.

Only the dolphins folks, only the dolphins.

lol

Can't believe that Jordan Willis made it to the 3rd, especially with all the hype on this board. Charles Harris is a beast though so I'm not really that worried, as a pure pass rusher Harris is definitely in the top 3.

We need either a FS/NCB or a Guard here in the 3rd.

The Willis hype had to do with his perfect fit in our wide pass rush set. He certainly had his flaws by not possessing many counters and virtually no inside game, but the same can be said for Wake yet he thrives b/c of his elite explosion. Something Willis also has.

And if we're discounting Willis for going in the 3rd rd, just remember his game is a mirror of Wake who ended up in the CFL before being noticed.

See how much your lol-ing come November.

I will (unfortunately) have the last lol. Your eating to much pie in the sky bud.

Well, we seem committed to improving our LB corp. It's a good plan, seeing as we had the worst LB corp in the league last year!

Hard to be upset here. McMillen was my 2nd best ILB and could possibly be the first depending on Foster's injury status. Traditional thumper in the middle.

We've been screaming for a RFM (real ****ing Mike) for years now and we just landed a solid one that comes from excellent coaching. He's adequate in pass coverage but a beast vs the run with great diagnose traits who stacks and sheds very well and will absolutely upgrade the run defense. Great tackler. But in this day and age, pass coverage is almost a requirement due to the high volume of passes seen regardless of down so its a legitimate knock.

Regardless, it's a damn solid selection for everyone, especially the kids because . . .

[video=youtube;b9T4y3XndS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9T4y3XndS8[/video]

Welcome to Miami, Chef.

Back
Top Bottom