Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick

Ehhh. Seen all his games and this dude never lived up to the hype. Not an impact player. Better than Misi though.

This is all I hear about this guy from ohio st fans. So I'm still up in the air about this pick. I'm just thinking we could of had foster in the 1st and willis in the 2nd.

Would've liked Obi here. Maybe a couple others. The pick is fine, probably a plug and play SAM. High-floor. But I'd prefer a little more upside at a more premium position. Think the next pick is gonna be a guy in the secondary, if the board falls right a Bobby McCain upgrade. If they sign a guy like Jaye Howard, they've done actually a very solid job addressing the run-d. Timmons, Raekwon and Hayes are all big + versus the run. Now we need better coverage over the middle, it's not really going to come from the LBers so a slot-CB becomes a key need as this draft unfolds IMO. My bet is on a CB or S.

Lol. It's funny how opinions vary. My draft publication has Cunningham as the BEST tackler amongst Lbs.

that's nuts. he is an arm tackler, and one of his biggest knocks is missing tackles.

I liked Zach Cunningham more, but RM fits a bigger need at SAM.

While I was surprised to see MacMillan over Cunningham, he makes sense for the scheme. Knowing how many tackling opportunities the LBers have with the wide 9 scheme and how many tackles were missed last year on the second level, MacMillan's tackling ability is a welcome addition to the team. For a thumper, he tested out a lot better than was expected. Solid pick and good fit.

I'm ecstatic we took Raekwon the Chef. This could potentially be the best dolphins draft ever. Those thinking he will play Sam "not so fast friends". He's the Mike period end of story.

My instincts say Elflein(sp?) Dorian Johnson, or Siragusa in the 3rd or 4th.

P.S I can get drunk with purpose tonight starting t-minus very shortly (Hennessey Pure White). Ladies and Gents I bid you a goodnight.

Alonso, Timmons, Misi, & now Wu Tang Clan. I like it. What feels good is if there is an injury at lb we aren't totally effed like in the last few years. Love to see how our LB coach DC works with this crew.

Home. Run.

Excellent pick. Outstanding.

I dont follow college ball much, but one person in this thread called it a Home.Run. Outstanding. And he happens to be the person that's got his own section on this site in the draft forum... Everyone is wrong sometimes but I'll play the odds and side with him... But thats just me...

How funny....I literally thought the same thing you just said.

I liked Zach Cunningham more, but RM fits a bigger need at SAM.

As far as fit for the Dolphins, McMillan is better.

Cunningham is more of a Will type LB (run and chase type dude), we have Kiko filling that role for the foreseeable future.

Raekwon has a chance to start at Sam right away (stout at the point of attack, willing hitter) and will eventually be our Mike (high football IQ, great ball awareness) for years to come

Not bad at all. Had him or Cunningham there for us, I wanted Cunningham more due to the instincts but McMillian brings a lot more physicality to his game, and his still instinctive, hope he can become decent in coverage to become a 3 down LB.

Happy we finally took a linebacker early. Next pick smells like guard to me. Only safety left I want it Thompson

(3rd round just starting)

Love this pick. Top tackler at one of the best college football programs. Tough kid, with a linebacker name to boot. No injuries, 6'1"/240 lbs....day one starter and gap filler. Kid has the 'dog' in him like Reshad, like Wake, like Suh, like Hayes, like Howard....fellas, we have a real defense now.

Bye-bye Koa, thank you for your services.

Disagree this spells the end of Misi. He is solid depth and has a humble salary now. Totally agree on Raekwon being a HR pick though, love the priorities of this FO.

Disagree this spells the end of Misi. He is solid depth and has a humble salary now. Totally agree on Raekwon being a HR pick though, love the priorities of this FO.

Agree. Misi will prob still get 10-15 snaps a game. Enough to utilize his strengths without too much worry of him getting injured again.

Back
Top Bottom