Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins take Raekwon MacMillan with 54th Pick

Raekwon McMillan is the youngest player in the 2017 draft (he will be 21 in November).

So much potential for growth. Love it.

Dont like him.Hes not very athletic.

Fast, 4.6 speed and quick feet, hits the hole fast and hard, has sideline to sideline range. I don't think that he's a big liability on passing downs as a MLB, McMillan is actually a very good athlete that's going to give us a physical presence at MLB that we haven't had for a while. Good pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS is the type of lb I've been wanting for a while. Much more physical than anything we fielded last year

Timmons, McMillan, and Alonso. I don't know how anyone can complain about this core now. They're suddenly a strength. Think about the crap we fielded at the spot last year. Now think about these three guys playing off of Suh and Phillips, with Wake and Harris coming off the edges. Their is real potential there. Add in Jones and I'm getting more comfortable with this defense...

Timmons, McMillan, and Alonso. I don't know how anyone can complain about this core now. They're suddenly a strength. Think about the crap we fielded at the spot last year. Now think about these three guys playing off of Suh and Phillips, with Wake and Harris coming off the edges. Their is real potential there. Add in Jones and I'm getting more comfortable with this defense...

Depth is much needed!

Great instincts and physical which is something we have lacked for a long time in the middle. I'm excited for this pick

Just posted this in another thread:

“Anywhere my coach can get me on the field, I’m willing to do the job,” McMillan said. “I can’t even long-snap, but if you tell me to be the long-snapper I’ll learn in two days.”
“If a coach asks me to guard Julio Jones, I’ll do my best.”

This kid is special. This may be my favorite draft pick in years. (Although Tunsil and Tannehill's selections were more important)

Raekwon plays football with a purpose. Similar to Ezekiel Elliot in that he lives and dies with every play. The idea of taking a play off doesn't exist to No.5. I'm thinking he will don the double nickel jersey number for us.

Is he Patrick Willis? heck no. He's Raekwon McMillan, born leader and undoubtedly future captain of your defense.

I want winner's.

McMillan will have a direct impact on Jordan Phillips. #97 won't be taking any plays off or he will be hearing about it.

Plug-and-Play Starters Who Can Be Found Outside of Round 1

Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State

In three years at Ohio State, Raekwon McMillan recorded 275 total tackles, 18 tackles for a loss, six sacks and 10 pass deflections for the Buckeyes. Until mid-November, McMillan will still just be a 20-year-old. Somehow, he's out of sight and out of mind in this deep linebacker class.

There are more storylines around the off-the-ball linebacker position, a non-premier position, in 2017 than one can remember in recent draft classes. Reuben Foster of Alabama was a projected top-five pick in January but didn't play at the Senior Bowl, hasn't been able to workout with a shoulder issue and was sent home from the combine after arguing with a hospital worker, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

On the other hand, Haason Reddick of Temple, a former walk-on defensive back and All-AAC defensive end, started his off-the-ball transition during Senior Bowl week, which was a hit. There's also T.J. Watt of Wisconsin, J.J.'s younger brother, and Tyus Bowser of Houston, who no one is certain if they would be every-down pass-rushers in the NFL.

Add Vanderbilt's Zach Cunningham and Jarrad Davis from Florida, who is making a late surge up media boards, and you get the world we live in where McMillan, who has no major flaw in his game, isn't even getting burn on draft-specific websites.

If McMillan falls to the 40s or 50s later this month, everyone will be looking back at how a flawless 20-year-old with production from a football factory slid under everyone's noses.

Full article by Justis Mosqueda: 2017 NFL Draft: Plug-and-Play Starters Who Can Be Found Outside of Round 1

I watch the Buckeyes every Saturday. Raekwon is a beast. Very happy he's a 'phin.

Back
Top Bottom