Gase is done

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

He’ll be fired next year if he doesn’t win. The stadium will be empty every week.

2. Blackshade

Blackshade Scout Team

There were posters who made excuses for Philbin, Sparano, etc. too

Gase isn't the worst coach in the NFL but I do think he is the bottom half. I have yet to hear the guy say the bucks stops with me. It always someone else's fault that his team and his play calling is completely inept. Miami is Cheddar Bob who shot himself in the leg with a gun but Dolphins just keep doing it year after year.

3. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

He's safe unless he totally loses the locker room ... which I said he needed to be careful about after that abysmal Ajayi trade. When your team lays down on you like that ... on MNF ... there could be a storm on the horizon.

If you get all fussy and need to make a statement ... please don't trade a player we need. M Thomas needs to be released yesterday. Maualuga too. Feel free to trade Branch, Alonso, pick a receiver not named Landry, Timmons, Phillips, Howard, etc.. They're all tits deep in mediocre. Pick one of them.

TheJetsBlow likes this.
  4. Good_Dylan

Good_Dylan Well-Known Member

I must say a PeeWee Coach would have had the team take a knee there at the end of the 1/2 with 40 seconds on the clock. That debacle was a major Coaching snafu that really took Miami out of the game before it should have happened.

Good Coaches do not make silly mistakes....Ever

5. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

After the way we just put the last drive together I completely disagree. He would’ve gotten roasted for taking a knee there had he. Panthers got the ball at half.

It was a bad throw. Again.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  6. hoops

hoops exited stage left

There’s nothing wrong with the play calling. We had guys open all night the damn qb couldn’t hit the back side of a barn

The 4th and short fail was a rpo qb chose the inside hand off.

Int qb stares down the corner route from the tight end mike lb just reads his eyes and continues to flow underneath of it no head and eyes in center of the field in drop

7. Good_Dylan

Many others feel differently...including this guy...

https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-gase-isnt-impressing-second-dolphins-season-044630149.html

One tidbit from article:

There was a baffling strategic moment from the Miami Dolphins on Monday night. The Dolphins, with a quarterback whose calling card is ill-timed turnovers, decided to throw the ball from their own 20-yard line with 47 seconds left in the half.

You knew where this story was going before it even played out. Jay Cutler stared down his target, Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly picked him off, and before the end of the half the Panthers scored a touchdown gifted to them by Dolphins coach Adam Gase. That turned the momentum of the game.

8. tommyp

tommyp Well-Known Member

cutler sucks, OL sucks, Gase has a bye this year.. I don't think he is gone.. another year of this, especially with a healthy Tannehill, then maybe

9. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I get it - just disagree. I liked the aggressive call, didn’t like the throw. In hindsight, obviously a knee would’ve been great.

Good_Dylan likes this.
  10. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

The **** were we gonna do with 43 seconds from our own 20? Throw it 6 yards 3 times? Impossibly naive decision.

I agree with whoever said good coaches don't do that. Amateur hour.

11. Good_Dylan

Yea I know what your saying also and honestly us Fans are always on the aggressive side of things but the thing is a Coach is supposed to be smarter than the avg fan and see the bigger picture looking for a win. It was a horrible decision to go for yardage at that juncture of the game and its disconcerting that He (Gase) didnt weigh the down side of trying to move the ball.

12. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

How many freaking games can you come out and look like you haven't practiced all week? Except for a few games, it's every week now for two years.

gofins60, Aquablood and Spiff like this.
  13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

There was 3 timeouts left and 47 seconds. You guys want gase to open it up and let the qb play well you got the result when you do.

Thing is that coverage cutler reads correct but his lack of head and eye discipline there in a critical game time period allows kuechly who also knows the coverage call allows him to take a chance with over the top safeties there to make up for it should he make a mistake and he just runs under it.

That’s not lukes coverage assignment that’s excellent awareness in terms of knowing the call knowing where his help is and then just reading the qbs eyes.

Flex corner route stared at it from the time he took the snap

Cutler checked off the pre snap box and failed post snap miserably

Hold the lb level with the head in the middle of the field in the drop he never gets there

NBP81, CaneHammer and Stoobz like this.
  14. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

Make it five years. The first Philbin year we looked prepared. Since then...

gofins60 likes this.
  15. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Anyone defending Gase please list one good quality or aspect of him being the coach? ONE!
    He is dreck..next.....

Aquablood likes this.
  16. daryl

daryl Well-Known Member

They should have just ran it into the line a couple of times and took a knee. Or force Carolina to burn their TO's and punt with a few seconds left. Not a hard concept.

17. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Embarrassed multiple time in primetime games. Multiple shutouts. Not a stellar sophomore season! He isn't getting fired though, this is when Ross will give an extension to show confidence. Weeeeeeeee free money! Problem for us is Gase gets the excuse lost his QB, but it obvious the rest of the roster is trash. We have a locker room full of low IQ football players, that are lazy and don't take pride in their work. So next year you get Tannehill back after missing what 21 months? In the middle of what should be a MAJOR roster overhaul. Oh well at least we get firey press conferences.

18. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

As I've said before, if Sparano and Philbin got at least three years so will Gase.

Good_Dylan likes this.
  19. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Or if you're gonna give into the delusion that this offense could've put up points in that amount of time, at least throw it down field so they have worse field position when the inevitable dagger pick is thrown.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  20. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Even if true why is the offense predictable to everyone?
    Why does he make the wrong decision/call every time?
    Why isn't Drake featured more? Hell he used Maualuga successfully as a FB twice, why not more?
    Does he ever move the pocket under advantageous situations?
    Where is Gray? Maybe line up Carroo at TE position?
    Let Fede play a little?

21. Good_Dylan

Your right...Its like its written into the contract that nothing can be done sooner than that.

22. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

Amazing how Denver wins the SB and are now basically a garbage team but New England is the same year after year after year. Gase is not the same as BB. I'd give Gase another year with Tannehill, but that's it.

23. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

Gase is a bigtime fraud and the players are quitting on him. This reminds me of when Josh McDaniels was in Denver and the players basically revolted against him because of his big ego and it's the my way or highway type of attitude. Gase is the same way and the players know it and won't play hard for him. He hasn't earned a right to be that way either. The Dolphins would have been better off keeping Dan Campbell and let him hire a good staff. At least the players seemed to like him and played hard for him.

gofins60 and vcip like this.
  24. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Quit worrying about the interception. That play didnt lose the game. We lost the game because the D gave up 28 second half points.

25. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

There is a difference of not winning and not competing. This team doesn’t compete consistently, and on national TV. There is no way you can look at this roster, and excuse this by thinking we just have lessor talent. When teams like San Fran or the Browns get outclassed it’s hard to judge the coaching staff as their payroll is 50 million under the cap. We are capped out with supposed big money players littered on this roster. Our players look lackadaisical, our schemes look basic, and predictable, and someone has to pay for this. This is 100% on our coaching staff.

vcip and BobDole like this.
  26. RayStinkle

RayStinkle Well-Known Member

Dolphins have been leading for 11 minutes all season and they are 4-5. This is a bad football team with band aids all over it. A good off season, last place schedule, and a little luck and we are back in the playoffs next year. Book it.

27. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

That's the spirit, it's OK to lose to superior teams :wall

28. WestPhish

WestPhish Seasoned Veteran Donator

One thing is to lose your starting QB, the other is to lose your entire team....offense, defense, and special teams are playing like they have given up. That speaks more about the character of the coach than play calling. I also think that Gase will get a pass this year, but if this happens again next year (and I am afraid it will) they MUST pull the plug.

29. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

And who is responsible for that O-Line? Shula , Walsh and Belicheat would never have allowed that O-Line to get that poor.

Aquablood likes this.
  30. hoops

hoops exited stage left

qb and kiko two worst grades last night

although it does need to be said theres a scheme flaw when the panthers have that limited a skill group playing outside of the qb and you don't double mccaffrey whenever the sticks allow for it

I bet if I graded that qb play in terms of ask and execution on a snap by snap basis you are getting at best a 50/50 plus and negative split

and fellas you aren't winning **** playing qb like that

54 more days

JakeemThe Dream and NBP81 like this.
  31. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

He is doing this without a true QB he can count on, the O-line is still garbage (yes that does fall a bit also on him), and no running game due to no real pass-blocking... Miami missed game one because of a hurricane, a LB that was important missed a few games, and was a distraction, and Miami started the season with putting the most yardage in away games then any other team by far, yet Miami has still won 4 games.

Gase is not going anywhere, anytime soon.

32. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Almost two decades of the same ****...Bad coaching,bad roster,bad owner....Christ!!!...When do we catch a break???
    It's a freaking joke...

33. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

Gase will still blame everyone but his boy Cutler.

Aquablood and Nawledge like this.
  34. DolfinJohnNY

DolfinJohnNY Active Member

Unfortunately for Carolina, they can't play the DOLPHINS every week. We are the cure for floundering offenses.

35. randomname

randomname A True Fan

Sure, there's no problem playing aggressive... if your QB isn't Cutler. Gase knows Cutler is terrible. Gase knows Cutler can't throw down the field. That's why he calls so many short passes and why teams stack the box with their entire defense. So while the decision isn't bad in a vacuum, it's absolutely terrible when you look at the circumstances.

36. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

Those who think gase is getting fired:. We have a large enough sample on our owner and his overly lenient tendencies going back to Sparano, Philbin, Ireland. And I'm good with this, you start firing guys after a couple of seasons, you're the browns

37. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

I'm a dolphins fan ride or die but I'm sorry I can no longer watch this Benny Hill football team and this ridiculous coaching staff any longer I'm done for the year.

38. daryl

daryl Well-Known Member

The QB situation is very bad, but I’ve seen this franchise play quality football with guys like Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerotte, Chad Henne, Matt Moore occasionally, Ryan Tannehill as a rookie, even Joey Harrington looked good for about a month. So I think their overall poor play is more of an indictment of the coaching staff and management than simply Jay Cutler. They have no legitimate reason to not at least be playing competitive, fundamentally sound football on a weekly basis. Even Sparano and Philbin could accomplish this about 75% of the time, with the occasional stinker. Right now it’s a sh!t show in a weekly basis.

Spiff likes this.
  39. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

Its not on him. These players are just bad!

40. thefieds

thefieds Rookie

I read that in a salguero article the other day that the organization thinks it's still a year away no matter what happens the rest of the year. If that's the case it makes you wonder why they gave Cutler 10mm to come in. You think they would have just signed a TJ Yates and rolled with he and Moore for the year.

So tired of the staff making excuses about execution and being a year away. There is talent on this roster. We lack talent at the organizational level. We keep hiring first time HCs that assemble first time coordinators and high school level staffs. Foerster was a joke everywhere he had been. That the quality of coach you get as a first timer.

If Gruden is serious about a return or Jim Harbaugh wants back in the pros you do what you can to clean house and get a guy like that. They will bring their own personnel people and will have experienced coordinators lined up to work with them.

Enough is enough.

Ryan1973 and Spiff like this.