Gase's View of Landry's Ejection | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's View of Landry's Ejection

That's exactly why he should have been traded at the deadline.

We probably would have received just a bit more than we would end up getting as a compensation pick. Sure, a year earlier in all likelihood, but if he walks we probably get a 3 as a comp pick. Not sure we would have done better than a early 3, maybe a 2...

On the surface, Bryan Cox's shenanigans made it look like Don Shula had lost control over his team. I'm starting to get the same feel for Jarvis Landry.

He has absolutely got to get control of his emotions. Granted, that is part of what makes him a great player but losing him for the final 6:00 minutes of the game really hurt the team. That's the lasting impression too, not that he had the most receptions in the NFL.

Honestly, I'd still sign him. But I wouldn't be surprised if Miami went in another direction either.

He's one of Miami most productive consistent offensive players. He has 400 catches for 4038 yards in 4 years, we get rid of him Kenny Stills becomes our best WR, that wouldn't be good. As longs we don't overpay please keep him and his antics.

Our offense has very few play makers. Landry is a guy we drafted, groomed and he is clearly a star player. The Coaches have to work with Jarvis on keeping his cool a little better. Not much to be proud of this season, the whole team was very frustrated. Sign him and get him some help in his area of weakness.

We probably would have received just a bit more than we would end up getting as a compensation pick. Sure, a year earlier in all likelihood, but if he walks we probably get a 3 as a comp pick. Not sure we would have done better than a early 3, maybe a 2...

Good point. The problem is this organization is so stupid that they are either going to over pay Landry or they will let him walk but over spend on some other free agents which will nullify any compensation pick.

Wow, is a damning response by Gase!

I wonder if the plan is to use Grant in the slot next year?

I'm over Landry. Love the heart. Love the grit. Love having a guy in the slot you can count on. Too much baggage. Too much BS. I wan't too punch him every time he does that stupid 1st down point. Do your job and get back to the huddle.

We don't agree on much but this is how I feel, and I hate that first down celebration too. I almost wish they would still gave out penalties for spinning/spiking the ball after first downs.

I respect the opinions of a lot of longtime posters on this forum, but walking away from Landry is crazy talk IMO. I get that the way he treated his lady was reprehensible and I get that he's a hothead on the field at times, but the reality is that there is a large percentage of today's NFL that could fall within those descriptive guidelines. This guy has consistently been our best receiver year in and year out. Those of you willing to let him go in favor of keeping Parker will definitely be the same ones regretting it when someone like Belichick snatches him up and uses him to murder us with that "death by a thousand papercuts" style of offense that they use up in Foxboro. A guy like Landry would be absolutely lethal in that system. We all know that Belichick has no issues using a guy with behavior issues to pave his way to another SB title, but for some reason the 6-10 Dolphins should be above trying to resign him? Sorry, I am not with you guys on this one.

I think he has been out the door for awhile now to be honest. If the team really wanted to keep him he would have been signed by now.

If I recall, Landry stated at the beginning of training camp, that if he wasn't resigned by week 1, then he wouldn't restart negotiations till then end of the season.

Nothing to indicate that he won't be here in 18 and beyond.

He's one of Miami most productive consistent offensive players. He has 400 catches for 4038 yards in 4 years, we get rid of him Kenny Stills becomes our best WR, that wouldn't be good. As longs we don't overpay please keep him and his antics.

I just at this point he doesn’t sign a long tern deal unless we overpay (in our eyes no his of course) a teal like a Cleveland could put a hugh offer out there without blinking.

Could franchise him but thats a huge cap hit.

You keep getting rid of your talented play makers that you draft and who actually produce and make pro bowls like Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry, because you don't know how to coach any type of player outside of a yes man, and see how the works for long term.

Spoiler alert: It's not.

If I recall, Landry stated at the beginning of training camp, that if he wasn't resigned by week 1, then he wouldn't restart negotiations till then end of the season.

Nothing to indicate that he won't be here in 18 and beyond.
Rumor has it they exchanged numbers a couple weeks ago. He wants more than we are willing to pay, he wants #1 receiver money and he simply isn't an ideal #1 receiver.

Back
Top Bottom