Gase's View of Landry's Ejection | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's View of Landry's Ejection

He did a hell of a lot more than that and you know it. It was a foolish statement on your part, Moss is a top 5 receiver in the history of the game. To even say he just ran in a straight line is an endightment of your football IQ.

I laughed out loud when I read this. Hard to argue. Apparently what Moss did was no big deal.

We don't agree on much but this is how I feel, and I hate that first down celebration too. I almost wish they would still gave out penalties for spinning/spiking the ball after first downs.

BTW, you don't just disagree with me, you disagree with your former self. Here is a blast from the past:

[QUOTE="roy_miami]We'll see. The good: some of his numbers have been been borderline great and that's with a lack of firepower. And he had a nice run of games to get us in a good position to make the playoffs. The bad: His inflated numbers could be a result of Philbin's philosophy to never run against stacked boxes. He had 2 god awful games at home vs the Bills and Jets though I think he was more hurt than people realize for the Jets game.

So in conclusion I believe he played well enough to get us to the playoffs but the terrible o-line performance especially at the Bills resulted in Tannehill getting injured so with a better o-line we're in the playoffs, which would make him a top 12 QB.[/QUOTE]

http://finheaven.com/threads/mike-m...-10-qb-in-ryan-tannehill.309770/#post-6464576

The only difference is that I still believe what you wrote back then.

What is hilarious is that I responded to your post with this:

http://finheaven.com/threads/mike-m...-10-qb-in-ryan-tannehill.309770/#post-6464582

This is fair and I'll add, that there is no reason why he can't improve. That puts him in the top 10.

Throw back Thursday!

The Randy Moss comparison is VERY, VERY bad. I genuinely feel you are uninformed about what Randy Moss brought to the table as a football player if you think that Jarvis Landry is even in the same conversation as Randy Moss, in any aspect of playing football.

But on the route running specifically? You are joking, right? Randy Moss only ran 9 routes? No, not at all. The reason Bill Belichick and Tom Brady loved Randy Moss so much is that Randy Moss was brilliant when it came to football, and Belichick specifically has said that Moss had one of the highest "football IQs" of anyone he's ever coached. When Moss was on the field, the Patriots were able to do a lot of things with him, because he was smart and he could process information on the field so quickly. They could line him up in a lot of places, move him around, ask him to take on different responsibilities, and put him in option routes where he could read coverage and create an open target based on the defense that was called.

That is specifically, one thing that Jarvis Landry has been called out for NOT doing. It's one reason why the Dolphins have NOT yet paid Jarvis Landry the huge pile of cash that he wants. If you read between the lines in some of the things Gase has said about "trying to get the ball in the hands" of Landry, and then looked at the kind of plays that are called for him, it should be obvious that Landry does NOT have that great football IQ that Randy Moss had. You can see him misread coverages on a semi-regular basis when you watch game film. You can see him being fed screen passes to get the ball in his hands.

Because he's no Randy Moss. Not even close.

A baffling post.

I think Landry is gone. He and Gase butt heads too much. Gase specifically mentioned both Ajayi and Landry as guys he gets hot with early in the year... Ajayi was shipped off shortly after.

I love what Landry brings to the field, he is a great offensive weapon, but I do tire of his antics.

The problem is that his departure leaves another hole to fill. But maybe all those picks that went into Carroo could pay off? Because he would be the replacement.

His antics probably cost him a bit in his next contract. If Miami does resign him, make it an incentive laden deal that puts the onus on him to mature and play like a All Pro instead of the immature antics that most of us have grown tired of. Do your job and get back to the huddle without all the "look at me" antics.

He did a hell of a lot more than that and you know it. It was a foolish statement on your part, Moss is a top 5 receiver in the history of the game. To even say he just ran in a straight line is an endightment of your football IQ.

A HELL of a lot more? I don't believe Moss was ever talked about as a guy who mastered the route tree. I think of Randy Moss and 2 things come to mind. Going deep and jump balls in the EZ. I am not disputing his place in history to me he is the 2nd best WR in NFL history and had the talent to be the best. But to say he ran complex routes...i dont agree with that and I don't need football IQ just eyes and common sense to come to that conclusion.

Yes he did more just not a HEL of a lot more and obviously he is better than Landry.

Last edited:
His antics probably cost him a bit in his next contract. If Miami does resign him, make it an incentive laden deal that puts the onus on him to mature and play like a All Pro instead of the immature antics that most of us have grown tired of. Do your job and get back to the huddle without all the "look at me" antics.
He had 5 stupid penalties last season, Taunting (2), Unsportsmanlike Conduct (2), Unnecessary Roughness (1). Last weeks behavior is nothing new, he is always toeing the line. Whomever writes his next check will be full aware of his track record and it won't bode well for Landry. He is not an all pro player, where teams typically overlook this aggression.

To be honest, I think this is a bit of a ploy and kind of shady....but how the game is played. I think they want him back, but at the lowest amount possible. This statement was made to somewhat deter other teams and to work some leverage in negotiations, as he has most of it being a FA! Just MHO.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if they resigned him. Tannenbaum is probably already mentioning to everyone the likely compensatory pick they would get if he left.

I'm personally sick of him. He can't break a tackle to save his life and it's far too easy to rattle him. Him not knowing the playbook whatsoever is just icing on the cake.

A HELL of a lot more? I don't believe Moss was ever talked about as a guy who mastered the route tree. I think of Randy Moss and 2 things come to mind. Going deep and jump balls in the EZ.

That's 100% an issue with your perception of Randy Moss, and not Randy Moss.

Randy Moss was a great wide receiver who did a lot more than go deep.

A HELL of a lot more? I don't believe Moss was ever talked about as a guy who mastered the route tree. I think of Randy Moss and 2 things come to mind. Going deep and jump balls in the EZ. I am not disputing his place in history to me he is the 2nd best WR in NFL history and had the talent to be the best. But to say he ran complex routes...i dont agree with that and I don't need football IQ just eyes and common sense to come to that conclusion.

Yes he did more just not a HEL of a lot more and obviously he is better than Landry.
Do yourself a favor and go back and watch tape of him. He was such a good route runner that this argument is just foolish.

Do yourself a favor and go back and watch tape of him. He was such a good route runner that this argument is just foolish.

People don't like the term 'tape.' So maybe just go back and read play by plays of some of his games to see that he caught passes all over the field. Or maybe just watch the network broadcasts of the games, and see that he caught passes all over the field.

Our WR core is in trouble without Landry, but I'm ok with letting him walk. Yes, he leads the league in receptions (I think), but he is just not valuable after the catch. We need a true #1 who can do it all, and he can't. I'm tired of his antics, from his first down pointing gestures to his ball spin and most of all, his stupid penalties. I used to think it was his passion for the game, but now I know it's his lack of discipline. I just don't see a team mentality from him. His penalties hurt the team, and he doesn't care. Gase clearly can't control him because it hasn't stopped.

Rant over. If they can sign him for what he's worth, fine. If they give him anything near what he wants, I'll be annoyed. Let someone else overpay for him. He is NOT a number 1 receiver and should not be paid as one.

All I know is that going into TC everyone was convinced we had incredible depth (and emerging talent) @WR.

IMO Landry and Stills are players but the rest are (shall I be forgiving?) suspect as serious NFL players.

If Landry has some discipline problems then we need to address that and not throw-out the baby with the bath water!

The kids makes plays -- and plays with intensity and fire -- I think he just needs BETTER COACHING and better leadership!!!

But it would be so much like the Dolphins to loose another young talent like we did with Vernon.

The quality of the product on the field (and it's QC) is the responsibility (100%!) of the HC.

All I know is that going into TC everyone was convinced we had incredible depth (and emerging talent) @WR.

IMO Landry and Stills are players but the rest are (shall I be forgiving?) suspect as serious NFL players.

If Landry has some discipline problems then we need to address that and not throw-out the baby with the bath water!

The kids makes plays -- and plays with intensity and fire -- I think he just needs BETTER COACHING and better leadership!!!

But it would be so much like the Dolphins to loose another young talent like we did with Vernon.

The quality of the product on the field (and it's QC) is the responsibility (100%!) of the HC.
His conduct and problems have been addressed by the coaching staff, he seems to disregard it. Is that on the coaching staff or Landry? Can't have it both ways because you feel the need to complain no matter what!

Back
Top Bottom