Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas

It never hurts to listen, to find out how interested they are.

Who here would seriously turn down a 3rd round pick for Thomas?

The Fins would survive with a backfield of Miller, Gillislee, Gray.

I would seriously turn that down. The idea isn't to survive; we want to be competitive. If Miller went down, which seems like a realistic possibility for a guy who hasn't carried a full load in the NFL, we would be finished. Also, Daniel Thomas is a decent blocking back.
If you watched Gillislee fall every time someone breathed on him tonight, and Gray pick up one yard per carry, you wouldn't be as eager to make a trade for anything lower than a 2nd round pick (or serviceable player). New York is desperate to make a move, not us. We should try to get real value (what did we give up for Lamar Gordon, a second?)

This makes ZERO sense. The giants could throw a rock at the mall and find a better RB than Thomas. No way they are calling about a trade for him. Teams normally try and get better not trade for someone that will be on the street next year this time. Call the Jags about Toddman, that kid can play and is ten times the player DT is.

I guess next the donkeys are gonna call about a trade for Applesauce since they lost Von Miller for 6 games.

I'm calling BS on this one.

Interesting. :ponder: What kind of depth do the Giants have at TE?

Would the Phins really be willing to go with Miller, Gillislee, and Thigpen at RB if the Giants made a good offer? They are now as desperate for a RB as we are a TE.

Jonas Gray as the #3, then Thigpen

This makes ZERO sense. The giants could throw a rock at the mall and find a better RB than Thomas. No way they are calling about a trade for him. Teams normally try and get better not trade for someone that will be on the street next year this time. Call the Jags about Toddman, that kid can play and is ten times the player DT is.

I guess next the donkeys are gonna call about a trade for Applesauce since they lost Von Miller for 6 games.

I'm calling BS on this one.

Are you for real? Trading for a Jaguar is the key to success!?!? Come On Man! Do you watch the tape? Have you seen Daniel Thomas's hips? They are fluid, poetry in motion! Look at Thomas burst! Not just any burst, but DT has tight space burst. Dude hits the seam with authority and then it is a big body back rolling downhill! DT is just starting to gel with his offensive line now the crease will be natural he will find it eyes closed. I'm telling you those hips and right spaces burst big things are coming! Not to mention how much better DT is in pass pro. One more thing forget about defenses setting the edge on DT because his power he just blows it up!

According to PFT's Depth Analysis which we know is off a bit, the Giants are deep at two positions only...

1 WR - Miami could use help here.
2 DT - Miami does not need help there.

PFT said the Giants were weak at...

1 Center - Miami needs no help here.
2 OT - Miami needs help here
3 OLB - Miami needs help here

PFT also says the following teams are deep at RB...

49ers, Bengals, Broncos, Buccaneers, Eagles, Lions, Packers, Patriots, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks, Titans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/pfts-depth-analysis/

SO we will see what happens.

I would seriously turn that down. The idea isn't to survive; we want to be competitive. If Miller went down, which seems like a realistic possibility for a guy who hasn't carried a full load in the NFL, we would be finished. Also, Daniel Thomas is a decent blocking back.
If you watched Gillislee fall every time someone breathed on him tonight, and Gray pick up one yard per carry, you wouldn't be as eager to make a trade for anything lower than a 2nd round pick (or serviceable player). New York is desperate to make a move, not us. We should try to get real value (what did we give up for Lamar Gordon, a second?)

I have no quarrel with this; you value Thomas more than I do. I do not see what some see in Thomas, but I've been wrong before.

Back
Top Bottom