Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas

If a trade did happen, who would start if Miller went down?? Gray? Gillislee? Have you seen those guys these past few preseason games :lol: Neither one is ready to start for any team in the NFL.

I'd keep Thomas no doubt. He's been garbage the past few seasons, but this has been his best offseason so far. I actually want to see if he can keep it up. He might continue to look solid who knows...

How can you people love miller and hate Thomas so much?

This is the best news i've heard all night. Package thomas and devlin maybe we can get some LB depth. Pull the trigger ireland.

This is certifiable.

lb depth? There is that thing called OFFENSE that all the 20-somethings in here seem to have forgotten exists, that we need WAY more than dime-a-dozen lb's.

Trade a backup qb who just threw for 250+, for another cornfed wannabe?

I don't know what you guys think this game is all about. Defense is MEANINGLESS if you can't move, possess, and score with the ball.

Well Moe is frequently right so I would be inclined to believe this. You know, with all the jokers out there like Incarcerated Bob, it's nice to have a guy on Twitter who values credibility and accuracy.

I have no quarrel with this; you value Thomas more than I do. I do not see what some see in Thomas, but I've been wrong before.

Chances are you a right. Thomas hasn't done much to make people confidant about him. Unfortunately it looks like the drop off from Miller to Gillislee and Grey is about the equivalent of Keller to Clay and Egnew. We are kicking ourselves for a decent tight end now, and I think we'd be in the same position if Miller went down and Thomas was gone

This is certifiable.

lb depth? There is that thing called OFFENSE that all the 20-somethings in here seem to have forgotten exists, that we need WAY more than dime-a-dozen lb's.

Trade a backup qb who just threw for 250+, for another cornfed wannabe?

I don't know what you guys think this game is all about. Defense is MEANINGLESS if you can't move, possess, and score with the ball.

I'd agree with your point IF you were focused on our 2nd string RB who will actually see ~15 snaps a game and NOT our 3rd string quarterback who shouldn't see a single snap all season. Get a clue before you start talking crap.

And just for the record, we badly need LB depth.

My point is that some people would just give away what little we have in offense to satisfy some twisted ridiculous "defense wins championships" fetish that has been destroying this franchise for the last decade.

We have arguably the best 3-deep QB setup in the whole league right now in Tannehill, Moore, Devlin and some want to blow it all up. I know the "agenda" behind that one too but I won't say it.

I'll trade thomas all day long and twice on Saturday, but for a TE or an upgrade at RB, NOT for a BACKUP lb. GET REAL.

HANG defense. We need PLAYMAKERS who can SCORE and we need them 10 YEARS AGO.

I would take Thomas over ANYTHING the Giants would be willing to offer. But yeah, Gillislee and Gray proved they're far superior.....hahahaha

I say we should not even listen to the Giants if it's not a 2nd rounder or better. If Daniel Thomas were in Philbin's doghouse or if he weren't as good a RB as the coaching staff obivously thinks he is, he would be long gone. Remember that scene in Hard Knocks last year when Philbin talks to Thomas and makes it absolutely clear that Thomas can't be late to practices or games. I firmly believe that if Thomas wasn't the player he is and could be replaced by Gilislee or Gray, we would have cut him already. Since he's still on the team, the coaching staff holds him in high regard and will not trade him for a low round pick. And I agree with the coaching staff if this is the case.

I say we should not even listen to the Giants if it's not a 2nd rounder or better. If Daniel Thomas were in Philbin's doghouse or if he weren't as good a RB as the coaching staff obivously thinks he is, he would be long gone. Remember that scene in Hard Knocks last year when Philbin talks to Thomas and makes it absolutely clear that Thomas can't be late to practices or games. I firmly believe that if Thomas wasn't the player he is and could be replaced by Gilislee or Gray, we would have cut him already. Since he's still on the team, the coaching staff holds him in high regard and will not trade him for a low round pick. And I agree with the coaching staff if this is the case.

I'd want a second round pick at least. We need some return on our investment, we are not the one seeking a trade. Having said that I only do the deal if I am confident in my backups after the trade. I am not sure that is the case here.

Can somebody provide a link to this guy's twitter page? I not only haven't seen anything on twitter about this but I haven't seen an account with that name. I'm beginning to think it's a clever way to say "Motor Boat"

I personally would LOVE to trade D.Thomas. But, with the way our roster is setup that just wouldn't be smart!

It's also one of the reason why we should be kicking ourselves. The other running backs should have gotten an opportunity with the 1st team

Can somebody provide a link to this guy's twitter page? I not only haven't seen anything on twitter about this but I haven't seen an account with that name. I'm beginning to think it's a clever way to say "Motor Boat"
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Motor Boat. Nothing I tell you!! :)

I'd want a second round pick at least. We need some return on our investment, we are not the one seeking a trade. Having said that I only do the deal if I am confident in my backups after the trade. I am not sure that is the case here.

not one team in the league would trade a second . we might get a 4th

Interesting. :ponder: What kind of depth do the Giants have at TE?

Would the Phins really be willing to go with Miller, Gillislee, and Thigpen at RB if the Giants made a good offer? They are now as desperate for a RB as we are a TE.

How are they as deseperate as us at runningback when they still have their starter who has lookedgood in preseason. They have Wilson, and Torrain as a backup so they may want a backup runningback but they dont need a starter so definately not as desperate as we are at TE

Back
Top Bottom