Good article- ACC vs Big East | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good article- ACC vs Big East

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Roy is b*tching about a game that's starting at 10? Screw UNC.. unbelievable.

as soon as he got into town the other day he started whining to the media about it. Figure by tomorrow the tears will start as he and Dick Vermile come from the same school! lol

Better thing is the UNC ladies hoops team has a game Saturday that starts at 11:30pm pacific time (game is out west) so the UNC faithful have to stay up late to see it on Saturday night. Roy is probably pissed about that too. :roflmao:

MikeO said:
I will be there live tomorrow night rooting for Nova. Gonna be tough though, but hopefully I witness an upset.

I just like it that Roy Williams is crying about the start time being so late. Shut the F' up Roy! You little *****. You have a team loaded with NBA stars and Nova's best player is OUT and your crying about the friggin start time. Go coach High School ball if you want to be in bed by 11.

he's not crying, he's pointing out how silly it is for a game to start at 10PM on the East Coast and it could start even later than that if the State game runs longer than expected. By the way, I think every coach would agree w/ Roy, at least those that play on the East Coast and aren't used to playing at 10PM.

Better thing is the UNC ladies hoops team has a game Saturday that starts at 11:30pm pacific time (game is out west) so the UNC faithful have to stay up late to see it on Saturday night. Roy is probably pissed about that too

That's a complete joke, UNC is the #1 seed but they play in a regional at Arizona State against who? Arizona State. That's why Women's basketball records aren't as meaningful as the men's b/c teams like UT and UConn have always received huge advantages in the Tourney in regards to where they play.

The games at 10pm. Your telling me kids can't play a basketball game at 10 pm? LOL Big East tournament games have started that late before, never a problem. Supposed to go on at 9pm, earlier game runs late, ends up going on closer to 10 or so. DEAL WITH IT. Crying to the press is a ***** way out.

MikeO said:
I will be there live tomorrow night rooting for Nova. Gonna be tough though, but hopefully I witness an upset.

I just like it that Roy Williams is crying about the start time being so late. Shut the F' up Roy! You little *****. You have a team loaded with NBA stars and Nova's best player is OUT and your crying about the friggin start time. Go coach High School ball if you want to be in bed by 11.

Why all this hatred for Carolina? Its a college basketball team..... Starting a game at 10 EST makes no sense at all. There is no western viewing audience for a Nova vs. Carolina game. But I assume the game will be a blowout by 11 so I can go to sleep...

MikeO said:
The games at 10pm. Your telling me kids can't play a basketball game at 10 pm? LOL Big East tournament games have started that late before, never a problem. Supposed to go on at 9pm, earlier game runs late, ends up going on closer to 10 or so. DEAL WITH IT. Crying to the press is a ***** way out.

Big East students dont go to class anyways so why would anyone complain?

Ferretsquig said:
Big East students dont go to class anyways so why would anyone complain?

LOL, the ACC the new home of VT is going to preach about "going to class". LOL, look in your own backyard before you start throwing stones from that glass house buddy.

Ferretsquig said:
Why all this hatred for Carolina? Its a college basketball team..... Starting a game at 10 EST makes no sense at all. There is no western viewing audience for a Nova vs. Carolina game. But I assume the game will be a blowout by 11 so I can go to sleep...

Who's hating on UNC? UNC made this an issue when Roy opened his mouth.

You have 2 games being played on the east coast. They must be played in primetime, what time do you expect the 2nd game to start? :shakeno:

If UNC wasn't the #1 seed in the East they would have cried like a little ***** for being shipped out to Austin or New Mexico. They are the #1 seed in the East and they cry about start times. No matter what UNC is complaining about something. YOU HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN THE TOURNAMENT LOADED WITH FUTURE NBA STARS! You should win this thing going away, just shut up, play and stop crying about start times.

MikeO said:
LOL, the ACC the new home of VT is going to preach about "going to class". LOL, look in your own backyard before you start throwing stones from that glass house buddy.

As far as I'm concerned VT, FSU, Miami, and BC arent part of the ACC. At least not the acedemic and basketball community. I'm talking about the real ACC...UNC, Duke, Virginia, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia...

MikeO said:
Who's hating on UNC? UNC made this an issue when Roy opened his mouth.

You have 2 games being played on the east coast. They must be played in primetime, what time do you expect the 2nd game to start? :shakeno:

If UNC wasn't the #1 seed in the East they would have cried like a little ***** for being shipped out to Austin or New Mexico. They are the #1 seed in the East and they cry about start times. No matter what UNC is complaining about something. YOU HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN THE TOURNAMENT LOADED WITH FUTURE NBA STARS! You should win this thing going away, just shut up, play and stop crying about start times.

UNC didnt make an issue of anything, Roy did. He speaks for himself and his team, not the school. They have the 2 games at those time to appease the western audience, they could start the game at 6 and get the same ratings.

Again I dont know where this UNC envy, hate or whatever you want to call it comes from. Roy has a legitimate complaint and therefore he has voiced his opinion on the matter....why do you care so much about it?

who really cares if the game starts at 10. It's not even a big deal either way. Just play the game and shut up, that's my take on it!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
who really cares if the game starts at 10. It's not even a big deal either way. Just play the game and shut up, that's my take on it!

EXACTY! :yes: :happydrin

Ferretsquig said:
UNC didnt make an issue of anything, Roy did. He speaks for himself and his team, not the school. They have the 2 games at those time to appease the western audience, they could start the game at 6 and get the same ratings.

Again I dont know where this UNC envy, hate or whatever you want to call it comes from. Roy has a legitimate complaint and therefore he has voiced his opinion on the matter....why do you care so much about it?

You can't start an NCAA Tourney Sweet 16 game at 6pm on the east coast on a Friday night and get ratings. Are you nuts!

It's not UNC envy or hate. I am in Syracuse reading the Syracuse newspaper all week and Roy has complained about this EVERY DAY and even more so since he arrived in town the other day. It's been topic #1 up here because that's all the guy wants to talk about!

I don't care about it, Im just saying SHUT UP! The guy is a #1 seed and he is complaining! If you can't be happy being a #1 seed in your own region, then when will you ever be happy? The guy has a piss poor attitude and making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Ferretsquig said:
As far as I'm concerned VT, FSU, Miami, and BC arent part of the ACC. At least not the acedemic and basketball community. I'm talking about the real ACC...UNC, Duke, Virginia, Clemson, Maryland, Virginia...

This just in the real ACC includes VT, FSU, Miami..etc.

You can't claim them when you want to be called a football powerhouse of a conference. Then dis-own them when you want to be an academic instiution of a conference.

Can't have it both ways. Sorry!

MikeO said:
It's not UNC envy or hate. I am in Syracuse reading the Syracuse newspaper all week and Roy has complained about this EVERY DAY and even more so since he arrived in town the other day. It's been topic #1 up here because that's all the guy wants to talk about!

I don't care about it, Im just saying SHUT UP! The guy is a #1 seed and he is complaining! If you can't be happy being a #1 seed in your own region, then when will you ever be happy? The guy has a piss poor attitude and making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Well you seem obsessed with it enough. Are you capable of not complaining about someone elses complaints?

MikeO said:
Newsflash: The real ACC includes VT, FSU, Miami..etc.

You can't claim them when you want to be called a football powerhouse of a conference. Then dis-own them when you want to be an academic instiution of a conference.

Can't have it both ways. Sorry!

The ACC was and will never be a football conference. Revenue generation was the only reason the schools were integrated into the conference. The new schools have no acedemic ties to ACC schools so there is a great distinction. They are part of the ACC in name and revenue sharing only.

Back
Top Bottom