Good article- ACC vs Big East | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good article- ACC vs Big East

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
I've said all along BC was the biggest fraud in college basketball, I felt that was obvious to anyone who watched the Big East all year long. WV is toast tonight, and UCONN is going down to NCST tomorrow, the only Big East team that has a chance to go to the Sweet 16 is Villanova. And they are about inconsistent as it gets.

Win or lose, at this point I'm willing to concede I was dead wrong about West Virginia, I felt that if their 3's weren't falling they weren't for real. They proved me dead wrong hanging with a GREAT Wake Forest team.

At least I was right about BC.. :lol:

TerryTate said:
Hey MikeO at least you conceded yesterday, you'd look like afool now

If Wake Forest gives this game to WVU, Im taking back my concession :lol:

Who's this all week........"We shoulda been a #1 seed. We shoulda been a #1 seed."

SHUT THE F' UP!

We got UCONN-NC State and "hopefully" Nova-UNC. If we win all 3 of these, Im taking back my concession!....seriously!

Wake wasn't even the best team in the ACC. I picked them to lose tonight.

byroan said:
Wake wasn't even the best team in the ACC.

And WV was about the 5th or 6th best team in the Big East. Not to mention about 10 days ago they were on the bubble and not even going to make the tourney.

For the 2nd time in 3 years Wake gets a #2 seed and doesn't even make it out of the first weekend. That's why judging teams on the seed they get means nothing. Well we got 2 #1 seeds and yadda yadda yadda. Nobody gets a trophy for being a #1 or #2 seed!

MikeO said:
Who's this all week........"We shoulda been a #1 seed. We shoulda been a #1 seed."

SHUT THE F' UP!

We got UCONN-NC State and "hopefully" Nova-UNC. If we win all 3 of these, Im taking back my concession!....seriously!

MikeO, I think alot of those ACC supporters are going to be suprised. Call me crazy, but I don't see UNC going to the final 4 this year. I know they have a ton of talent, and I'm not a huge fan of the ACC so I don't catch them too often. However, whenever I do catch them, they just don't have me completely impressed, maybe they'll put it together, but I just don't see it.

On the other hand, after watching Illinois, I'm wowed.. just don't get that feeling watching UNC. Does anyone agree with me, or am I crazy?

I think UNC has too many guys thinking about their own numbers and the upcoming NBA draft. They should win tomorrow easily. After that all bets are off though.

Duke, which I don't think is very good.....has an easy road to the Final 4 now. IF they win tomorrow, they get Mich St or Vermont. Then after that Utah or Kentucky. None of those teams are very good.

I think if NC State can get by UCONN tomorrow, they will be in the Final 8 playing for a chance for the Final 4. (They can beat Wisconsin or Bucknell the following round)

also Skip Prosser should be fired. Like I said before. 2nd time in 3 years you are a #2 seed and don't make it past the first weekend.

You have a double-digit lead in the second half today vs WVU and lose in double overtime. Shouldn't even have gone to overtime, should have lost it in regulation to be honest.

He has FAR more talent than WVU but found a way to lose that game.

Billy Packer is gonna stop sending in donations to the alma mattar if this continues. Dick Vital just had a heart attack, an ACC is out of hte tournament

MikeO said:
I think UNC has too many guys thinking about their own numbers and the upcoming NBA draft. They should win tomorrow easily. After that all bets are off though.

Duke, which I don't think is very good.....has an easy road to the Final 4 now. IF they win tomorrow, they get Mich St or Vermont. Then after that Utah or Kentucky. None of those teams are very good.

I think if NC State can get by UCONN tomorrow, they will be in the Final 8 playing for a chance for the Final 4. (They can beat Wisconsin or Bucknell the following round)

So you partially agree with me that UNC isn't a sure thing like so many people here and in the national media seem to believe. I agree with you 100% when it comes to Duke. On top of that, they have NO depth. If Williams or god forbid, Redick gets into foul trouble, they're screwed.

You know my feeling on UCONN, I think they're in trouble tomorrow with NCST.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
So you partially agree with me that UNC isn't a sure thing like so many people here and in the national media seem to believe. I agree with you 100% when it comes to Duke. On top of that, they have NO depth. If Williams or god forbid, Redick gets into foul trouble, they're screwed.

You know my feeling on UCONN, I think they're in trouble tomorrow with NCST.

I agree on UCONN and NC State. Last weekend UCONN struggled with G'Town, but won. Then came out and got killed by Syracuse the next round. UCONN had a bit of a dog-fight at the end with UCF. Will NC State just come out and run them off the court? Could happen. That is the best game tomorrow in my opinion. Glad its on first.

UNC Im no fan of. Roy Williams will find a way to have his team come up short. I want to see UNC vs Nova though. Final score might be 103-100!

I'm rooting for Nova tomorrow against those chokers from Florida. If Nova gets a shot at UNC, I think they'll give them all they can handle, and hopefully more. Especially if they're on, I don't care how much talent UNC has, if Nova is on, they are going down.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
I'm rooting for Nova tomorrow against those chokers from Florida. If Nova gets a shot at UNC, I think they'll give them all they can handle, and hopefully more. Especially if they're on, I don't care how much talent UNC has, if Nova is on, they are going down.

Plus Nova will have the 30,000+ size crowd behind them. Remember, a lot of these schools aren't used to playing in front of a crowd that size. But teams like UCONN and Nova have experience doing it and won't be phased by it.

But those ACC schools used to playing at Duke, UNC, and those other sandbox arenas which hold 12,000 max always come out stiff the first 10 min of those games in front of very large crowds. Most NBA teams aren't used to playing in front of 30,000+.......imagine 18, 19, and 20 year olds.

BC is now an ACC school officially. Good riddence you guys can have them!

MikeO said:
Plus Nova will have the 30,000+ size crowd behind them. Remember, a lot of these schools aren't used to playing in front of a crowd that size. But teams like UCONN and Nova have experience doing it and won't be phased by it.

But those ACC schools used to playing at Duke, UNC, and those other sandbox arenas which hold 12,000 max always come out stiff the first 10 min of those games in front of very large crowds. Most NBA teams aren't used to playing in front of 30,000+.......imagine 18, 19, and 20 year olds.

Speaking of coaches being fired. How about Bill Self?? Talk about no excuses.. I feel terrible for Wayne Simien, it's a shame that such a talented players college career has to end in round 1 at the hands of Bucknell. Definitely not the way an All-American should go out. Ditto for Hakim Warrick.

MikeO said:
BC is now an ACC school officially. Good riddence you guys can have them!

HaHa, yeah really see ya later Eagles. While I can understand why you would think the UCONN NCST game is the best of the day, I am personally looking most forward to another Big East-ACC game, well kinda but not technically. GT - Louisville.

Back
Top Bottom