Good article- ACC vs Big East | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good article- ACC vs Big East

MikeO said:
And WV was about the 5th or 6th best team in the Big East. Not to mention about 10 days ago they were on the bubble and not even going to make the tourney.

For the 2nd time in 3 years Wake gets a #2 seed and doesn't even make it out of the first weekend. That's why judging teams on the seed they get means nothing. Well we got 2 #1 seeds and yadda yadda yadda. Nobody gets a trophy for being a #1 or #2 seed!

And WV was about the 5th or 6th best team in the Big East. Not to mention about 10 days ago they were on the bubble and not even going to make the tourney.

The way they were playing at the end of the season they were in the top 2 or 3 BE teams.

For the 2nd time in 3 years Wake gets a #2 seed and doesn't even make it out of the first weekend. That's why judging teams on the seed they get means nothing. Well we got 2 #1 seeds and yadda yadda yadda. Nobody gets a trophy for being a #1 or #2 seed!

Wake always chokes, I thought they may break through this year but I was wrong.

MikeO, I think alot of those ACC supporters are going to be suprised. Call me crazy, but I don't see UNC going to the final 4 this year. I know they have a ton of talent, and I'm not a huge fan of the ACC so I don't catch them too often. However, whenever I do catch them, they just don't have me completely impressed, maybe they'll put it together, but I just don't see it.

What's not to be impressed about? They lost only 4 games- 1 w/o felton, 2 others close games at top 5 teams that the opponents missed 1 FT in the 2 games combined and then a close game in the ACC Tourney to a hot tech team.

So you partially agree with me that UNC isn't a sure thing like so many people here and in the national media seem to believe.

Of course they aren't a sure thing, no one is a sure thing in a Tourney like this but the Heels defintiely have the most talent now w/ McCants back we are whole and should be playing in SL.

But those ACC schools used to playing at Duke, UNC, and those other sandbox arenas which hold 12,000 max always come out stiff the first 10 min of those games in front of very large crowds. Most NBA teams aren't used to playing in front of 30,000+.......imagine 18, 19, and 20 year olds.

The Dean Smith Center holds almost 25,000, in normal years we'd be used to playing in domes b/c we have played so many in FF's but it's been 5 years and 4 years since we played in a dome but playing in front of almost 25,000 a night is close to the amount of people but the shooting perspective will be different as well. Also, b/c 'Nova plays a game a year in a dome and in front of 30,000 doesn't mean they are used to it.

Like a dirty whore, another Big East team goes down.

NC State 65
UConn 62

Shouldve of repealed your repeal of your concession...

Villanova and WVU the best Big East teams this year? I hope for the Big East's sake Nova doesnt lose to an SECer (UF) today, because the SEC was real weak this year.

THIS WAS MY 5000th POST!!!!

Julius Hodge, a NY boy comes through in the clutch. Boy am I happy UCONN went down. All week UCONN fans were calling Mike and the Mad Dog and bragging about how this was there year. It was there year...to lose in the 2nd round!

8-2 now...although Duke looked pathetic.

Duke may have looked pathetic but I'd rather look pathetic and know I'm playing in the sweet 16 then look good losing!

By the way, I'm pulling big for Villanova over UNC not only because I'm a Duke fan but because a kid named Jason Frasier plays for Villanova and I played against him when I was in 8th grade. Plus Jay Wright is there coach, the old Hofsta coach so I got to cheer for Long Island no matter what. UNC looks great though!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Duke may have looked pathetic but I'd rather look pathetic and know I'm playing in the sweet 16 then look good losing!

By the way, I'm pulling big for Villanova over UNC not only because I'm a Duke fan but because a kid named Jason Frasier plays for Villanova and I played against him when I was in 8th grade. Plus Jay Wright is there coach, the old Hofsta coach so I got to cheer for Long Island no matter what. UNC looks great though!

I hope Nova gets hot as well, I'll be pulling for them big time.

How 'bout them Eers!!!
:hail:
Go WVU ... the dream is alive tonight!

screw Knight!!!

:bandwagon
Get on the bus!

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
We'll see about that pal.

I will be there live tomorrow night rooting for Nova. Gonna be tough though, but hopefully I witness an upset.

I just like it that Roy Williams is crying about the start time being so late. Shut the F' up Roy! You little *****. You have a team loaded with NBA stars and Nova's best player is OUT and your crying about the friggin start time. Go coach High School ball if you want to be in bed by 11.

MikeO said:
I will be there live tomorrow night rooting for Nova. Gonna be tough though, but hopefully I witness an upset.

I just like it that Roy Williams is crying about the start time being so late. Shut the F' up Roy! You little *****. You have a team loaded with NBA stars and Nova's best player is OUT and your crying about the friggin start time. Go coach High School ball if you want to be in bed by 11.

That's awesome man, I'll be in front of the TV rooting hard for Nova. I liked Roy when he was with Kansas, he did a great job with that program. However, I have always hated UNC, so I really don't care for him too much anymore.

By the way, what time are the games on tomorrow? I wanna schedule my night around them.

the games in Syracuse are at 7:30 (Wisconsin vs NC State) and 10pm (UNC vs Nova).

I think the games from Austin start a half hour earlier. But it will be a long night at the Dome but a fun one hopefully with a good night-cap

MikeO said:
the games in Syracuse are at 7:30 (Wisconsin vs NC State) and 10pm (UNC vs Nova).

I think the games from Austin start a half hour earlier. But it will be a long night at the Dome but a fun one hopefully with a good night-cap

Roy is b*tching about a game that's starting at 10? Screw UNC.. unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom