Guess what? Hey it's a TEBOW thread!!!! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess what? Hey it's a TEBOW thread!!!!

Would you accept a Trade for Tebow to be MIAMI QB?

• Total voters
not that im for acquiring tebow, but the stadium would be packed and 80% of florida homes would contain a dolphin tebow jersey. that will be ross' angle.

At this point, all I can see is a small bump in attendance. Financially that's not bad for the Phins, but even Timmy couldn't sell out our stadium on Gator Day.

Just curious who here is still a fan of Ross.

When I said Ross was awful last year, I got hated on. Now everyone is scared he will make us get Tebow..lol.

Glad you folks have seen the light. Ross is a horrible owner. Maybe I am spoiled from Wayne..who knows.

I can't believe there are 31 people who think this is a good idea. UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!!

I think Bill Bellichick will give up a late round pick for Tebow. Watch and see.

i predict Ross will want Tebow, hell he needs somebody in seats

Thankfully I doubt it'll happen. Ross & Ireland are not stupid enough to hire Philbin and then not value his opinion.

In a WCO system, you need an accurate QB. Tebow is not an accurate QB. Your QB needs to have good footwork, Tebow does not have good footwork. He turns into a running back at the first sight of a defender. The WCO puts great emphasis on the passing game, Tebow just runs to try and get himself out of messy situations.

The buzz has already begun. It's being reported that Tim Tebow will be shopped as the Broncos bring in Peyton Manning. Despite leading the Broncos to the AFC Divisional round, Denver has decided to move on, and will very likely win that weak division again. Will Tebow put more butts in the seats? Probably. Will the Dolphins become relevant? Of course. But I want to give my two cents on why going after Tebow would be an awful idea.

1. He doesn't fit Joe Phibin's offensive philosophy - Philbin has made it very clear he wants to run a variation of the west coast offense. This requires a quarterback who can make precise, accurate throws. Tim Tebow is not capable of stretching out a defense. He is one of the least accurate quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. The man completed 46.5% of his passes in 2011. You want to kill a drive? Throw the ball at the receiver's feet on third down. Football wise, this is a God-awful fit. Jim Harbaugh ran a sort of west coast offense in 2011 with Alex Smith, and boy did he thrive. Smith isn't an overwhelming presence, but when you ask him to make the simple throw, and not do too much, he can do it. Tebow is constantly trying to wing it, and this will hurt the offense.

2. It reeks of desperation by Mr. Stephen Ross - I know many of us Dol-fans have not forgotten about the embarrassment that was Gator Appreciation Day. While Tebow fans rejoiced, the Fins were left scratching their heads, wondering how they managed to blow a 15 point lead (Cough, Nolan, Cough). It was at the point that Ross made it clear he was willing to do anything to sell tickets, even if it meant completely angering the entire fanbase. What would a Tebow trade do? It would bring in a flood of Gator fans, and leave an alienated Miami Dolphins fanbase fuming. Again, Philbin would absolutely not want Tim Tebow for his offense. If we were to sign him, it would be clear this move was all Ross, and we officially have a major disconnect between Ireland, Philbin, and our owner. That is not the recipe for success.

3. There is a Difference between team relevancy, and a major distraction - I found myself watching the complete debacle that was Tim Tebow's performance versus our rival New England Patriots, like any other football fan was that day. As I watching, I noticed a Focus on the Family ad come on. As we know, Tim Tebow has worked with them in the past, an organization that is strongly anti Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender, and is very much against pro choicers. Like many NFL fans, at this point I'm completely sick of Tebowmania, to the point that I was rooting for the Pats to win. Tim Tebow's faith is a major distraction, not only on the field, but off the fied at this point. Whether Tim Tebow means to be a distraction or not, he is one. We will go from loveable loser, to absolutely annoying Tebowmania losers. We are Dolphins fans, not Tim Tebow fans.

These are the three main problems I have with making a move for Tebow, but I'm sure I could think of countless others. I love this team, and I don't want to see it get swallowed up by the frenzy that is Tebowmania. Mr. Ross, if you're really adamant about making a move at QB, either sign a Garrard, or a Smith, or draft someone. Please don't bring someone in, who is not a good fit at all in so many ways.

Okay, where do I start here. The Broncos let go of 2 recievers during last season, lees for Tebow to throw to. The Broncos went to the playoffs right? Did we? NO.
The Broncos beat us by scoring what was it? 15 points in 2 miinutes? Wow, yeah, Tebow sucks.
So Philbin's particular special offense says he needs a qb who makes precise, accurate throws? Am I missing something here, or isn't that EVERY coaches offensive specification??
And youre against an Organization called Focus on the Family? Wow. Single? Have you asked all of the players on the Dolphins if they are anti-gay, lesbian, or whatever? Get a report of that and let's go over it please.
Does Karlos Dansby recycle/ Use paper or plastic? Yeah, all this matters.
It's actuallynice to have a "Good guy" in football. Where does he push God in your face? When? Where does he judge YOU? Show me..The media made Tebowing a big thing. Did Tebow say, "All of you look at me, look at what Im doing" No that the Ochocinco's of the NFL.
He wins games. More than Miami did last year. Players want to play around him. He finds a way to win.
Whatever happened to, "I don't care how you win, just win?"

would not surprise me. Ross desperately needs to put asses in the seats and he knows Tebow is a star, and in fact around the world

It was Ross' bright idea to have "Gator Day" when Denver played in Miami. That brought 20,000 extra fans to the game. Otherwise the stadium would have been empty.

Ross knows that.

Ross was also standing there on the sideline and witnessed Tebow single handedly beating his crappy dolphins with ease . It was all there right in front of him.

I have no doubt in my mind that Ross would want Tebow here, and in fact would pursue a trade if Tebow were available. Whether Philbin intervenes and blocks that we don't know. But I do have a good feeling that Ross would love to slurp off of Tebow's nuts

would not surprise me. Ross desperately needs to put asses in the seats and he knows Tebow is a star, and in fact around the world

It was Ross' bright idea to have "Gator Day" when Denver played in Miami. That brought 20,000 extra fans to the game. Otherwise the stadium would have been empty.

Ross knows that.

Ross was also standing there on the sideline and witnessed Tebow single handedly beating his crappy dolphins with ease . It was all there right in front of him.

I have no doubt in my mind that Ross would want Tebow here, and in fact would pursue a trade if Tebow were available. Whether Philbin intervenes and blocks that we don't know. But I do have a good feeling that Ross would love to slurp off of Tebow's nuts

I wouldn't, even though from a football perspective it might not be a bad move...It would just create a circus.

Back
Top Bottom