Hoops scoops...jets fins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...jets fins

Great write-up. I agreed that this was RT's worst half of football all year. Did I go too far by starting a "pull him" at half-time thread? I got killed for it but I saw what you saw and I had my limit of leaving plays in the passing game on the field. I don't care how the guys scored in the 2nd half, RT needed those TDs in a big way.

Good team win. Tannehill still needs to improve if we're gonna get to the playoffs but he has been a lot better with his pocket awareness of late. Gilislee looked good in his limited snaps. Vernon is a jet killer. Special teams needs to step up big time, both in the return game and field goals. It was nice to see our defense get a chance to play with a big lead. What a **** show that Jets offense is, might be the worst offensive performance I've ever seen as a football fan.

How come I can't see WV's posts in this thread? Were they removed or is he invisible for me for some reason?

Too ****ing funny. He turned out to be the kind of puss who has no problem over-saturating the forum with his own Rainmanish inflexible version of "getting real" but when it came to those responding with their own related reality perceptions - especially regarding his puppy love, he got all butt hurt and seems to have put a bunch of us on "ignore." Reminds me of my little niece putting her fingers in her ears to avoid unpleasantness. :idk:

Oh one more thing..

Luck has been playing worse than Tannehill lately. So much for the next best thing prospect.
:tumbleweed:

all i hear is crickets when it comes to you know who "NFL Network" -> they lost RG3 and now Luck as their can't miss projects -> Luck has been snake bitten but hey he has to think about getting the ball to the guys he knows will catch it....

Too ****ing funny. He turned out to be the kind of puss who has no problem over-saturating the forum with his own Rainmanish inflexible version of "getting real" but when it came to those responding with their own related reality perceptions - especially regarding his puppy love, he got all butt hurt and seems to have put a bunch of us on "ignore." Reminds me of my little niece putting her fingers in her ears to avoid unpleasantness. :idk:

I don't think that putting someone on ignore makes it impossible for them to see your posts. Possible board screwup?

I don't think that putting someone on ignore makes it impossible for them to see your posts. Possible board screwup?
Hmm - I can't see any of his posts either. I like to think that puts me in some good company, but maybe it is just a malfunction...

So the Qb he drafted, had a 300 yard game, the FAEr he signed had a Td, the other receiver he drafted Hartline had a monster game, the DE, vernon now has 10 sacks. The Tightend he found in the 5th round they had no answers for. Jimmy Wilson 7th round pick has been terrrific. The list goes on, yet somehow at the end of the post it's about Jeff Ireland again, like he called that coverage on 4th and 10 last week.

Hmm - I can't see any of his posts either. I like to think that puts me in some good company, but maybe it is just a malfunction...

I can't see them either.. hmmm now we have to get to the bottom of this!

miami scores 30 plus points yesterday if the qb has a good 4 quarter game...we would have achieved that 30 point marker that many ask for and have yet to see...tannehills numbers overall look solid and he did bounce back pretty well in the 2nd half but those corners were ripe for the taking on the outside on just about anything we ran and cromartie especially should not have played with the way he looked...our d was dominant offense should have done more points wise...

i'd like to see some more fire from tannehill also...some emotion...in the first half it just looked like he was going thru the motions...i just don't know if it's in his personality

His LOL at the jets has been removed from beast of the east also.

OMG...bullied off the board:3w:

Okay, the lol at the Jets is classic. You can take WV but leave the thread :lol:

- Tannehill was the tale of two-half's...his first half was not very good (still looked all world compared to Geno)...his ball placement was off and he seemed very stiff. His second half was much better and was actually helped by some of the guys getting yac (I think Hartline surprised himself when he didn't crumple after touching the ball) and Dee Milliner just being awful.

- Oliver Vernon played great....he is very explosive off the ball and extremely quick...with his emergance as a legit pass rusher opposite Wake...it is going to be interesting to see how that effects what position Jordan plays in the future.

- Ellerbe was gifted an int, but it was due to his very good coverage.

- Dion Jordan made a nice stop on a run play coming from the back side....the kid is a freak athlete and once he gets a little stronger will be down right dangerous.

- Watching Geno Smith play makes me happy.....oh so happy.

I don't know what's worse....geno smith or dee milliner...I do know that they are both disasters...nice picks jets
:lol:

Having said that Ryan tannehill played his worst half of the season...he left plays on the field a plenty...

got hit on a ball that would have been better placed on a vertical had he been able to follow thru to marlon Moore who blew by milliner like he was flat footed on the play where the way milliner let him just go by It made me wonder if he expected deep help and didn't get it...ok the hit probably made that ball go out of bounds...

but threw a ball in the tight red on 4th down no less that he has to put where clay can at least make a play balls out of bounds unacceptable...clays open it's a difficult throw to place but dammit it has to be in bounds

missed hartline on a win at the Los where hartline gives him the hand over the top if balls out in front it's an easy td milliner got used at the Los on the play instead tanny on 4th and 1 throws it back shoulder into the beat defender...poor post snap read and placement on a win from the jump by hartline...

took a sack where he had plenty of time to go thru progressions double clutched twice and ran right into it got to throw the ball away there...that's on the qb

bill cowher said he was too mechanical off his first half look and I totally agree tannehill was robotic with everything he did...did not like the half from our qb...moved the ball down the field with ease off presnap reads but left plays a high end qb makes on the field...

in the 2nd half he was better but was a benefactor of sone poor tackling by the jets...milliners awful but cromartie was obvious was ailing all game long it was pitch and catch in front of him...poor tackle on a slant to hartline for a 31 yard td where oh so washed up Ed reed was the safety help...Ed reed should have hung em up after Houston cut him...he was a disaster there and he was awful today with the jets...the guys done...

mike Wallace effort on the cro pick was a wtf moment...pretty much none to impede the ball from coming down to cro...that said the wrs used up this beat up and poor playing wear a target cb unit of the jets all game long...

ahh more 3rd and less than 1 ball back to the rb for failed conversions by the oc today...made an adjustment to more shotgun on those downs in the 2nd half or 4th downs but this teams laughed at when it goes to a rb on goalline and short yardage...

Lamar miller with some run thru contact on the inside but got blasted by pouncey in the first half for running out of bounds short of the sticks instead of taking it up field for the conversion...good to see pouncey chew his ass out for taking the easy way out...rest of game he went more north and south on the sideline...

I thought overall the interior oline did a pretty good job with sone straight wreckers in Wilkerson and Richardson...they had their moments but they didn't beat us either...that interior jets dline is legit folks...

nice job to run the ball more against an offense that could do nothing even if we didn't run for real yardage...we kept the jets defense honest and limited their blitz opportunities...

the d did exactly what a good unit is suppose to do...shut down that bs qb and offense...hell even our lb play did not get exposed cause the gameplan was so simple...fill your gaps be where you should be vs easy read run looks and be ready for the screen game on 3rd and long...

dannell ellerbe I think that was the best game In coverage I have seen from him all year...was around the ball a lot...wheeler even was solid today vs that bs offense and misi has gotten better in coverage In the flats this year...won't be as easy for this unit next week though...totally different level qb and I suspect we will see some extra OT fronts to assist the run game...

Olivier Vernon the star of the game up front shifted inside in obvious pass sets and was way too quick for the interior oline players of the jets...did a nice job maintaining run responsibilities and gap control and then disengaging from the lt in the first quarter for his pa sack also...

Nolan Carroll got hurt I thought he had gotten his hand crushed on a tackle where the help came late and dove into his hand luckily he came back cause despite Matt Simms and his only making one read on every play will davis was wearing a target...only points jets got was on a play where Davis in off coverage got turned around on a long to the sticks conversion vs a possession wr....

caleb sturgis...you suck...not done costing this team...I can see that

Finally u guys need to get off Joe philbin...thus team has not folded after the pansy Jon Martin cried wolf and made a big to do about nothing...even though the media wanted it to happen...I applaud this hc for his teams game prep and effort...that is what a hc is responsible for...this team doesn't lose because of effort or being ready to play it loses cause of personnel deficiencies...it's your gm with his poor drafts and poor free agent spending every year it seems who deserves to walk the plank...

at Pitt next week gonna be quite the test...the qb will have to be better no doubt about it...but it sure is nice to face em likely down to their 4th string tackles...cam wake I'm talking to you dion Jordan and Olivier Vernon...

Great assessment-

I was surprised the O-line opened up some running room, and had pretty good pass pro!
Someone mentioned Hartline and Wallace wirth YAC TDs.
I really liked the game plan- spread them out get it out quick and abuse Milliner

Back
Top Bottom