hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

Damnit. Well, I've learned by now you're right 97% of the time hoops so I don't like the prospect of this. What do you think of Jamar Taylor?

Good god Ireland better do some good things tomorrow

kid showed well at the senior bowl...on tape he's very comfortable and solid in off coverage...he showed senior bowl week he can press and stay in a wrs hip down the field...strong too which is key 22 reps of 225 lbs but some of that is probably due to his short arms...got long speed good burst...i thought in the top 40 it would have been rich but i'm solid with the pick...dinosaur arms though which it's a good thing he has elite tools...30 5/8 inch arms

He said left side. I find it hard to believe he was drafted to play tackle. I think they want him at LG. Just speculation on my part based on Philbin's comment.

You guys think we need a guard? We have Incognito, Louis, and Jerry.. I think RT is a much bigger issue. Armstead would've been nice and also that kid from UNC Breenan Williams would've probably fit in nicely as well. I just assumed they drafted Thomas to be a right tackle.

Damnit. Well, I've learned by now you're right 97% of the time hoops so I don't like the prospect of this. What do you think of Jamar Taylor?

Good god Ireland better do some good things tomorrow

funny, you were flamming me a second ago

New England picks in front of us in the 4th......

i doubt they'll go swope...got amendola although he can't stay healthy...miami better get a damn tackle....with jamie collins firing off the edge and the kid they took in the first round last year who's a poor mans jpp we gonna need some reinforcements at the position...

who knows maybe they will go back to the eric winston well...i think i would endorse that right now...

New England picks in front of us in the 4th......

Should have taken who they wanted to replace Bess in the 3rd round instead of getting "tricky" trading down then trading back up for a CB who probably would have still been there in the 4th round anyway.

Yes, because no one has ever gotten a job they were unprepared for and subsequently crashed and burned. The job doesnt bestow upon the person knowledge. There are people out there who would be better suited for another profession then the one they currently have.
Have you ever ranted about a politician? Do you really think they are the most qualified person for their job and its impossible that someone from another profession could do a better job? Of course not, thats why people of all professions jump into elections.

And the "wait 3 years" went the way of sitting a rookie quarterback. We cut Gates after a single season. Should we have waited 2 more years?
Sometimes picks are such an unmitigated disaster that you dont need to wait years to see if they will bust. I know this because ive seen it. From this general manager. Ask Pat White.

Exactly this. Thank you Spesh. These guys get paid to draft prospects but that doesnt mean they are always going to make the best choice. In this career, just because they are the "professionals" doesn't mean they are the best at what they do.

I think Davone Bess's replacement may very well be Rishard Matthews.

I don't think Matthews will replace Bess. He may replace Gibson in a year or 2. I don't think Gibson is going to be a Dolphin for very long, he doesn't have much upside at all.

We couldn't ignore the OL position.

All these guys were gone when picked:

Joeckel, Luke (OT)
Fisher, Eric (OT)
Johnson, Lane (OT)
Cooper, Jonathan (G)
Fluker, D.J. (OT)
Warford, Larry (G)

THE NEXT BEST AVAILABLE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN LEFT?????? YEP YOU GUESS IT...DALLAS THOMAS...

Milliner, Dee (CB)
Rhodes, Xavier (CB)
Banks, Johnthan (CB)
Trufant, Desmond (CB)
Alford, Robert (CB)
McFadden, Leon (CB)
Taylor, Jamar (CB)
Amerson, David (CB)
Mathieu, Tyrann (CB)
Wreh-Wilson, Blidi (CB)

Top Cornerback's left when we selected:
Webb, B.W. (CB)
Poyer, Jordan (CB)
Davis, Will (CB)

Do these two third rounders end up being bust?? Especially since none of us had a high value on them? Maybe. But is as bad as some are painting it to be ? I guess that's the beauty of football we get to see.

what the heck did we get in the bess trade anyways??? did we move up like 5 spaces or something in 2 rounds??? sure seemed like something odd and a bargain for the browns...

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Joeckel, Luke (OT)
Fisher, Eric (OT)
Johnson, Lane (OT)
Cooper, Jonathan (G)
Fluker, D.J. (OT)
Warford, Larry (G)

THE NEXT BEST AVAILABLE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN LEFT?????? YEP YOU GUESS IT...DALLAS THOMAS...

Milliner, Dee (CB)
Rhodes, Xavier (CB)
Banks, Johnthan (CB)
Trufant, Desmond (CB)
Alford, Robert (CB)
McFadden, Leon (CB)
Taylor, Jamar (CB)
Amerson, David (CB)
Mathieu, Tyrann (CB)
Wreh-Wilson, Blidi (CB)

Webb, B.W. (CB)
Poyer, Jordan (CB)
Davis, Will (CB)

Do these two third rounders end up being bust?? Especially since none of us had a high value on them? Maybe. But is as bad as some are painting it to be ? I guess that's the beauty of football we get to see.

well if it's corner and given the fact we play a lot of off coverages and need heady players i would have plucked jordan poyer over will davis in a nanosecond...

what the heck did we get in the bess trade anyways??? did we move up like 5 spaces or something in 2 rounds??? sure seemed like something odd and a bargain for the browns...

we did lose Bess salary...Browns were bidding against themselves

i may be a lot of things but ignorant about this game and it's talent is not one of em...and i don't use anyone elses stuff...

No way dude, I'll wait until year three before I judge these picks. I find it fascinating that we can bash the GM before these picks haven't even stepped onto Sun Life turf. I know we all have our opinions but some of you guys are so laughable, talk like your opinion is gospel. I'll judge Ireland on his past drafts starting about two years ago. Some hits and misses just like every other GM. I do see however a clear difference in Ireland's style compared to Parcells style cough cough Pat White, Henne, B Marshall, etc

well i would say get a damn left tackle...a bahktiari even though he's a left tackle only maybe...i like dave quesennberry also although he needs to get much stronger and kinda light in the pants...but he's probably more a zone scheme left guard...not sure he can carry anymore good weight...

i would like to see em stop messing around and get a real slot to replace bess...the options are steadily going...get swope before someone trumps you...

I think the Dolphins are rolling with Martin at LT. Theres nobody left in the draft that will be a better starter at LT than Martin. Maybe they are planning to use Thomas as guard if thats the case I hope they go with Aboushi or Fragel for RT. That would give us a lot of young options at tackle.. let them all battle it out for the starting RT spot.

I agree with you 100% I thought Tannehill was going to get a weapon with our first 4 picks. I really hope they get Swope.

Joeckel, Luke (OT)
Fisher, Eric (OT)
Johnson, Lane (OT)
Cooper, Jonathan (G)
Fluker, D.J. (OT)
Warford, Larry (G)

Milliner, Dee (CB)
Rhodes, Xavier (CB)
Banks, Johnthan (CB)
Trufant, Desmond (CB)
Alford, Robert (CB)
McFadden, Leon (CB)
Taylor, Jamar (CB)
Amerson, David (CB)
Mathieu, Tyrann (CB)
Wreh-Wilson, Blidi (CB)

Webb, B.W. (CB)
Poyer, Jordan (CB)
Davis, Will (CB)

Drafting for need is foolish. "Need" is temporary, talent last for years.

Talent>Need. Every single time.

Back
Top Bottom