hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

According to Volin once he saw Webster and Ryan come off the board he felt the need to go get Davis. Personally I haven't seen enough of him to make a claim..but I know Slimm had him with a 3rd round grade. However with that said...I have seen enough of Poyer and Hawthorne to know I would have been happy with one of them.

slimm has a 3rd round grade on him...well chalk up another 3rd rounder like egnew last year that he and i see totally opposites on...

Not picking Keenan Allen after he fell so far was an epic fail.

Keenan Allen was picked right before us otherwise I'm sure we would've picked him instead, at least I hope so. Really hoping we can bag Swopes.

thread starter clearly read nfl.com's notes on the players.. thats not homework. it was pretty much word for word with what they said.

i havent watched any tape yet, but i will. i always do and until then i wont formulate an opinion.

Hooshoops' assessment of Will Davis is spot on for Senior bowl week. Davis was constantly beat in various drills by South teammetes. I had him in my mock draft at 82 but he is a major project. To me, if you go and focus on his positional drills at the combine - not off his numbers...3-cones or short shuttle - you see will amazing footwork...thats his saving grace. He needs coaching for 2 years at least but I trust that Anarumo and Coyle can get the most out of him. For now, he rides pine and does special teams although he is afraid of contact lol. So this pick is about the far future since he is relegate to the bench and taking up a roster spot.

That is a joke, right? The reason you are sitting around speculating about the draft is a lack of opportunity? That may be the most ridiculous thing I have seen posted on finheaen in a long time, and that is saying something.

my point is don't confuse inability to do the job ie scout prospects with lack of opportunity to do so...it's not an easy thing to break into...and given i love the dolphins so much i would want to do it for them...

but i don't doubt that if i did get an opportunity i would stick...that's just my opinion obviously but i'm very confident that if i did it for a living and devoted myself to it full time i would stay employed...

thread starter clearly read nfl.com's notes on the players.. thats not homework. it was pretty much word for word with what they said.

i havent watched any tape yet, but i will. i always do and until then i wont formulate an opinion.

that's complete and utter bs...i do my own stuff...i don't use youtube and highlight reels...go to my draft thread during the college season and see how much of that i took from somewhere else...complete nonsense...if it reads as spot on well i'm sorry

and when you do watch tape if you disagree and put out your own analysis come see me...i'm not hard to find...

Damn thats an ugly looking line. Jerry at RT? I hope thats not what we're going to resort to. What about Louis I thought him and Incognito would be the starters at G with Jerry backing them up.

i'm not sure you can depend on louis...he's a good move athlete but he stays hurt...

:bobdole:

Drafting for need is foolish. "Need" is temporary, talent last for years.

Talent>Need. Every single time.

:lol:

So with that logic you might go 20 years before the highest grade on your board just happened to be a QB. So does that mean you wait 20 years before you take a single QB ?? I understand your point, but you can't say EVERY SINGLE TIME, there has to be exceptions. What happens when you have a weak draft but 20 of the greatest punters in the history of the game, do you take 20 punters??

Stop. Just stop.

Hoops is one of the more respected, knowledgable posters here. He calls 'em like he sees 'em - and, he sees a lot.

alright fellas time to hit the hay...here's to a better day tomorrow...and yeah you'll get my take then also...:brewskis:

Holy **** youve been here since 2008 and you think he just copies NFL.coms notes?

what the heck did we get in the bess trade anyways??? did we move up like 5 spaces or something in 2 rounds??? sure seemed like something odd and a bargain for the browns...

Bess we swapped 4 rounders moved from the 111th pick to 104th pick we got their 164 pick and they got our 217th pick. Point wise equalled 35 point for Bess or 143 rd draft pick or mid high 5th round rounder however you want to look at it
---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

well if it's corner and given the fact we play a lot of off coverages and need heady players i would have plucked jordan poyer over will davis in a nanosecond...

See above for Bess trade

Back
Top Bottom