hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

I think the Dolphins are rolling with Martin at LT. Theres nobody left in the draft that will be a better starter at LT than Martin. Maybe they are planning to use Thomas as guard if thats the case I hope they go with Aboushi or Fragel for RT. That would give us a lot of young options at tackle.. let them all battle it out for the starting RT spot.

I agree with you 100% I thought Tannehill was going to get a weapon with our first 4 picks. I really hope they get Swope.

as it stands i can get down with aboushi or fragel...aboushi seems more like a 5th round value but i think he's a better player given i've seen every game he's played at uva being they're local for me than he showed at the senior bowl...his feet at the senior bowl was poor...and his body looked fleshy

what the heck did we get in the bess trade anyways??? did we move up like 5 spaces or something in 2 rounds??? sure seemed like something odd and a bargain for the browns.

The Dolphins received 104th pick (4th round) & 164th pick (5th round) Browns received Bess, 111th pick (4th round) & 217th pick (7th round)

No way dude, I'll wait until year three before I judge these picks. I find it fascinating that we can bash the GM before these picks haven't even stepped onto Sun Life turf. I know we all have our opinions but some of you guys are so laughable, talk like your opinion is gospel. I'll judge Ireland on his past drafts starting about two years ago. Some hits and misses just like every other GM. I do see however a clear difference in Ireland's style compared to Parcells style cough cough Pat White, Henne, B Marshall, etc

fair enough...you go about it your way i'll go about it mine...

I don't think Matthews will replace Bess. He may replace Gibson in a year or 2. I don't think Gibson is going to be a Dolphin for very long, he doesn't have much upside at all.

I agree. Gibson was a bad signing I was shocked to read how excited everyone was about him.

The Dolphins received 104th pick (4th round) & 164th pick (5th round) Browns received Bess, 111th pick (4th round) & 217th pick (7th round)

ok so we pretty much got a little more than a 5th out of it and we dumped the salary...bout what i expected...that's fair...but they better get a true slot replacement and not a projection...

Hoos, I dont post a lot, and really this probably isnt my place. But you sound a little whiney here...You have said yourself you dont know their plan for him.
I understand you dont like the players we selected here, but there is a reason that NFL Talent Evaluators place these guys where they do. I think sometimes people with a scouting eye get caught up in things they like. Traits they feel make prospects good players. They look for those traits and then use self-actualization regarding what they see to say "See, I told you, he is very bad at that". Well, that may be true, but are you telling me there are no positive traits/potential that make NFL scounts want him for their system? What good are you ignoring in this case?
I respect your point of view quite a bit, you always seem to bring an objective and honest view of the moves we make and the potential players we may get. I hope this post doesnt offend you. You and CK are my favorite posters. You guys rock and I look forward to your posts.

Please keep the peace. Don't make posts personal.

Attempting to :)

But man, I wish we would've picked poyer over him...

So is our new best possible line:
Lt- Martin
Lg- try the rookie here? ehh
C- duh
Rg- incognito
Rt- Jerry?

ok so we pretty much got a little more than a 5th out of it and we dumped the salary...bout what i expected...that's fair...but they better get a true slot replacement and not a projection...

Yeah I hope they pick who they want with one of their top 2 4th round picks instead of playing games and trading around like they did in the 3rd round

Hoos, I dont post a lot, and really this probably isnt my place. But you sound a little whiney here...You have said yourself you dont know their plan for him.
I understand you dont like the players we selected here, but there is a reason that NFL Talent Evaluators place these guys where they do. I think sometimes people with a scouting eye get caught up in things they like. Traits they feel make prospects good players. They look for those traits and then use self-actualization regarding what they see to say "See, I told you, he is very bad at that". Well, that may be true, but are you telling me there are no positive traits/potential that make NFL scounts want him for their system? What good are you ignoring in this case?
I respect your point of view quite a bit, you always seem to bring an objective and honest view of the moves we make and the potential players we may get. I hope this post doesnt offend you. You and CK are my favorite posters. You guys rock and I look forward to your posts.

not offended at all...i came in here spur of the moment and put out exactly what i felt on the picks...thomas yeah it's gonna depend on how he's used but it's still an odd fit for a zone scheme and you aren't getting much better as far as move players up front...will davis all i'm doing is scratching my head on that one...i can't for the life of me see the value there over just about anything we already have...and to trade up for him??? baffles me

not offended at all...i came in here spur of the moment and put out exactly what i felt on the picks...thomas yeah it's gonna depend on how he's used but it's still an odd fit for a zone scheme and you aren't getting much better as far as move players up front...will davis all i'm doing is scratching my head on that one...i can't for the life of me see the value there over just about anything we already have...and to trade up for him??? baffles me

I'm lost also... hopefully they see something we don't

I don't get into college player discussions because i know little except about my college team (UM) and guys little Slimm , Hoops and CK spend tons of time actually follow all these players , studying film and breaking down prospects. Their opinions are valuable to people like me and flaming is not necessary. Just agree to disagree.

The comment that we get no starters after the 3rd round is just wrong.
Both our starting safety's are 5th round picks. Hartline came in the 4th round and Bess was undrafted.
Big Paul was taken in the 4th as well and Wake came from Canada.

There are still good players to find and to be honest with you Ireland has done better in the late round picks than in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I also think a free agent like Winston may still be add and remember all these new high round linemen picked will be taking someones place so there should be tons of decent tackles and guards available after the draft and player cuts in June.

yeah it's called lack of opportunity as to why i'm not getting paid my friend...cause i can absolutely do it...and i bet you if you look at my history i'm batting as well as just about any of these guys that do get paid to do it...i've called just about every bad draft decision they've made the last few years after the draft...go ahead and add will davis for me to the list...i'm not afraid...the only saving grace is maybe this kid can show well in zone...

That is a joke, right? The reason you are sitting around speculating about the draft is a lack of opportunity? That may be the most ridiculous thing I have seen posted on finheaen in a long time, and that is saying something.

Attempting to :)

But man, I wish we would've picked poyer over him...

So is our new best possible line:
Lt- Martin
Lg- try the rookie here? ehh
C- duh
Rg- incognito
Rt- Jerry?

Damn thats an ugly looking line. Jerry at RT? I hope thats not what we're going to resort to. What about Louis I thought him and Incognito would be the starters at G with Jerry backing them up.

Back
Top Bottom