How the Vontae Davis trade went down | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Vontae Davis trade went down

With the 2nd round pick acquired from Indianapolis, the Miami Dolphins select......

Stedman Bailey. Wide Receiver. West Virginia University.

The Pats have also hit some nice players in the draft. They got two top 5 TEs in Gronk and Hernandez. They hit on Jerrod Mayo and Patrick Chung.

I dunno. Basically what Im getting at as that they are winning between 13 and 16 games every year and even when Brady goes down they are good for 11. I think its a bit misleading to point to a few blown second rounders and say their management and ours are pretty equal.

Fair enough, but there are many other examples of teams to follow. Id rather copy what the Giants, Steelers, or Packers are doing. Hell, id settle for copying the damn Colts.

Instead people are justifying our idiocy by pointing to the Jets. At which point my first reaction was to assume this board went full retard. We have gotten so content losing that people literally cant even point out winning examples. So comfortable we are in our gilded cage....oh hell, its not even a gilded cage, more like sewage drain.

That doesn't make it a Joe Philbin trade the way everyone is talking about. Yes I believe they had a chat and I believe Philbin said "Whatever you think is best" or something wishy-washy like that, which is exactly Joe's style.

Im normally behind your opinions as they mesh with mine but this appears to be complete conjecture and a bit self serving (in regards to your opinion of Ireland v Philbin)

With the 2nd round pick acquired from Indianapolis, the Miami Dolphins select......

Stedman Bailey. Wide Receiver. West Virginia University.

More realistic:

With the second round pick from Indianapolis, the Miami Dolphins select....______, Guard, from ______.

More realistic:

With the second round pick from Indianapolis, the Miami Dolphins select....______, Guard, from ______.

The investment we have made in the OL since 08 is staggering. The fact that its still not a great unit is depressing.

"Ireland was open to the idea of trading Davis, but at a price he wanted. That goes back to the Bill Parcells school of thought that "Everybody is on the trade block all the time." (For the right price)."

The Bill Parcells school of thought? Thanks so much Armando including this to link Jeff Ireland's current actions back to philosophies taught by his mentor, the grand poobah of tuna fish.

Why was this necessary to say? Isn't it blatantly obvious that every single player in the NFL is ALWAYS AVAILABLE IN TRADE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE? Did Ireland HAVE TO learn that from Bill Parcells? Was that a new thing when Parcells said it? Name the "untouchable" players in the NFL, that if a crap team came up to them and offered them their next 5 first round draft choices (or pro bowl caliber veterans), they would say no?

the colts wanted vontae, and i'm sure they didn't want to give up their number 2 (compunded by the fact that they may win 4 games this year). ireland wasn't even thinking about trading vontae. they approached him. when they decided to get silly and way overpay, ireland did what was best for this franchise in the long run (anti-job security move there). that is what you want in a GM, and i still can't believe he got their second and a conditional sixth.

Exactly. The league had a history of trading away some of the best players it has ever seen long before any supposed Bill Parcells theories had a chance to permeate the world of sports journalists, and be construed as evidence of his brilliance.

The investment we have made in the OL since 08 is staggering. The fact that its still not a great unit is depressing.

We should build the OL through FA only. Signing proven veterans instead of drafting OL busts.

So your upset because Armando's "speculation" is different then your own speculation. Hilarity. Theres more to the story because....well, you want there to be more to this story. Because you lack any sort of evidence you assume there is evidence out there. How any reasonable person can assume thats not delusion is beyond me.

Im not upset about anything, and if you actually read Armandos article, there was no "speculation" whatsoever. It was a straight forward detailed timeline of how the negotiations proceeded, and I didnt dispute any of what he said. Just as you say I lack evidence to support my theory that Philbin had a hand in this trade, you lack evidence to prove the contrary. This article was about the negotiating aspect of the trade, and had nothing to do with the conversation the staff had regarding Vontae Davis' expendability. And if you want to hang your hat on an Armando article then.....:chuckle:

Ireland undoubtable "consulted" with Philbin. By consulted i mean, as the boss, he told Philbin what was going to happen. Telling Philbin what was going to happen does not mean Philbin pushed for this trade that so many are insisting. As well, Philbin dictating roster moves is not his job. Ireland is in charge of the roster and Ireland has a long history of making questionable moves. This is just par for the course with him.

Again, there you go breaking your own advice - making assumptions without evidence. How do you know what Ireland told Philbin? How do you know Philbin can't dictate roster moves? Did Chad Johnson cut himself? ffs it was even captured on camera and you still deny it.

If you have proof that Philbin acted outside his job description and forced Ireland for this trade, feel free to present it. Oh wait, a minute! There is none and the proof that is available shows Ireland was the one who made this trade. Oh well. Just 5 more years until we are contenders! :lol:

Nobody has said that Philbin foced Ireland to do anything. You seem to be arguing that Ireland forced Philbin into this though. I am convinced you are here to troll people, or simply cant read. Or maybe both.

Here is Ireland telling the media that Philbin was involved: http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...is-Trade/4143789a-b678-44ab-ab4f-ab46e95fa92a

We should build the OL through FA only. Signing proven veterans instead of drafting OL busts.

Nothing wrong with drafting OL, but we have just drafted a ridiculous amount of guys that never caught on here and have spent a ton on money con contracts for OL as well.

Wasnt needed. Since the moment Philbin was hired(against Irelands heavy and profanity laced protests) the new coach has been planting subliminal messages to Ireland and everyone else in the facility. This was done in an effort to gain not only total control of the team, but complete control over the thoughts our of players. Knowing Brandon Marshall would be the first to discover such deception, he quickly engineering a scenario to neutralize him. After which he began planting his messages through apparently team building exercises that are meant to bring up feelings of subservient behavior and complacency in mundane activities(example: picking up trash).
Unfortunately for his plans our other intellectual giant, Davis, started to question what was going on around him after breaking the rhythmic exercises that is required for Philbins mind control by constantly going to the bathroom. Not only did this delay the inevitable conclusion but this personally offended Philbin. Players using the bathroom? The thought! Leaning on Ireland, who at this point had given up the futile struggle and was sulking in dispair over his situation, Philbin pushed for the Davis trade. It was his most diabolical play yet, by pointing out the bathroom breaks as team cancerous activity he maintained his credibility(admittedly the team was a bit puzzled by his vehemence towards urinating).

For those proud brave souls who see this through obvious plan, do not worry. There is 1 man still left in the lockerroom who has the mental capacity, popular support, and deep understanding of the human psyche left to thwart Philbin: Karlos Dansby.

[video=youtube;FNMc4qV3dwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMc4qV3dwI[/video]
Please tell me you forgot to type the "/sarcasm" part.

You prefer the Smiley, Grove, Colombo approach vs the Long, Pouncey, Martin?

Interesting.

polish your game up...rob gronkowski was a 2nd round pick...and he's ten times anything we have

Sure how about listing some of the other 2nd rd picks and oh multiple picks they've also acquired....I'm ready to learn HOOPS teach me!

Sure how about listing some of the other 2nd rd picks and oh multiple picks they've also acquired....I'm ready to learn HOOPS teach me!

Does it matter? One way or another, they have elite talent at multiple positions and win 11 games even when brady is hurt. Explain to me like Im 5 how our front office is even in the same area code as theirs.

I can't believe anyone would compare the Dolphins to the Patsies and think we come out favorably. Even weirdly restricting it to the 2nd round. Pats have 4 or 5 starters from the 2nd round in the Ireland time frame. And they're a Super Bowl team. Gronk is better than any pick Ireland has ever made. It's disgusting that delusional Dolphins fans are forcing me to say anything complimentary about the ****ing Patsies.

Back
Top Bottom