How the Vontae Davis trade went down | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Vontae Davis trade went down

i'm not a big fan of the wr or safety class coming up...figures...tj mcdonald....yeah...no thanks

Does it matter? One way or another, they have elite talent at multiple positions and win 11 games even when brady is hurt. Explain to me like Im 5 how our front office is even in the same area code as theirs.

I would love to, But I'm no longer allowed to engage in such conversations.

Please tell me you forgot to type the "/sarcasm" part.

I honestly thought sarcasm was implied when i started talking about mind control.

It shows just how far outside the bounds of logic this forum has gotten when someone discusses controlling the thoughts of others and people actually have to ask the question if that person is being serious.

I would love to, But I'm no longer allowed to engage in such conversations.

Read this as "I would love to, but its absolutely impossible for me to do so because my position is indefensible".

Pretty spot on amirite?

Jeff Darlington on w/ Goldie on WQAM. He speculates that Philbin had a lot to do with the Davis trade. He does not deny that Ireland is in charge, but wonders aloud that Philbin has a having a major role with moving these players out and is exerting more power than the team said would happen. I will put up a link later if it becomes available.

Maybe Hard Knocks will shed more light on it.

:lol:

So your ironclad source about how Ireland didnt push this trade forward is.....Jeff Ireland. What an incrediable unbiased, not to mention reliable, source to go to. Ireland has never done anything deceitful that has allowed people to question his decision making ability, just ask Jim Harbaugh and Tony Sparano.

And how do i know Philbin doesnt dictate roster moves? See signature.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Jeff Darlington on w/ Goldie on WQAM. He speculates that Philbin had a lot to do with the Davis trade. He does not deny that Ireland is in charge, but wonders aloud that Philbin has a having a major role with moving these players out and is exerting more power than the team said would happen. I will put up a link later if it becomes available.

Maybe Hard Knocks will shed more light on it.

Key part bolded.

Ive said it before, ill say it again: everything that happens on this team goes through Irelands desk. He is getting paid to be in charge, its time he owns up.

You prefer the Smiley, Grove, Colombo approach vs the Long, Pouncey, Martin?

Interesting.

I said proven vets. Columbo wasnt a proven vet. He was on a steady decline. And Martin is nowhere where he needs to be. Also, our line was one of the best in the league when we had a healthy Smiley and Grove

Read this as "I would love to, but its absolutely impossible for me to do so because my position is indefensible".

Pretty spot on amirite?

Not at all! Let just say their are some pretty...uhm sensitive people on the board that don't appreciate contrasting opinions. Instead of debating and presenting their thoughts in proper context they'd rather tell on you. So Mr.TylerDolphin at this time I respectfully decline your offer!!!

Sincerly,
Marshallaw

Not at all! Let just say their are some pretty...uhm sensitive people on the board that don't appreciate contrasting opinions. Instead of debating and presenting their thoughts in proper context they'd rather tell on you. So Mr.TylerDolphin at this time I respectfully decline your offer!!!

Sincerly,
Marshallaw

If you dont post a personal attack, it doesnt matter who tells on you. You had no problem posting your opinion before I pressed you to explain it.

If you dont post a personal attack, it doesnt matter who tells on you. You had no problem posting your opinion before I pressed you to explain it.

You are absolutely correct and thats what I thought as well. Obviously, I was wrong and didn't realize the...umh power of sensitivity.Once more Mr.TylerDolphin I would like to be a good-obedient member in great standing with the entire Finheaven Community. Wherever the pitch forks decide to point consider me there....No more stirrings from this member I'm fully onboard with the majority.

Sincerely,
Marshallaw

Really, like how much more do you think? 1st and a 2nd and a 6th?

I dont know how much more, but with the Colts continuing to up the offer, there was no rush in making the trade. We had until week 6 of the regular season.

It is very poor form to divulge the negotiation details. Ireland has done it in self congratulatory mode to show how well he negotiated, but if he needs to strengthen his ego this isn't the way to do it. A really good negotiator can keep the details quiet and doesn't need his ego stroked. The reality is that it will take a while to know who got the best of this deal. Vontae may respond better in an environment where they build his self confidence, Chuck Pagano may be better at nurturing the natural talent that VD possesses.
By leaking the details of the negotiation tells me more about Ireland's shortcomings as a GM, than his actual skills as a negotiator.

Specifically this should be a banner DE class. The WR class depends on a lot. The seniors don't look very good at all and of the juniors, already Da'Rick Rogers has shown his @ss by getting kicked off the Vols and transferring to Tennessee Tech. We're one surprise stay-in-school announcement and one injury on an injury prone guy (Justin Hunter) away from this WRs class being a little bare...I think. I like Marquess Wilson and Keenan Allen best, but both are still underclassmen. I like Justin Hunter if he fills out and proves he can stay healthy. I like Stedman Bailey a lot, but he is also a junior. The seniors I like are Aaron Mellette and Terrance Williams. I'm probably forgetting a few. Andre Bebose is another junior with great speed and big time play making ability.

The S class looks pretty good so far to me. Say what you want about T.J. McDonald, he's got something to his game. I like Kenny Vaccaro a lot. I like Matt Elam even more. Nickoe Whitley is a guy I've yet to scout but I know Slimm loves him and I tend to take his word as I think he's earned it. We'll see if Eric Reid is worth the squeeze. I'm not sure yet. Baccari Rambo has potential if he plays smarter. There are a few underrated types in there as well.

Great insight! Thanks!!!

:lol:

So your ironclad source about how Ireland didnt push this trade forward is.....Jeff Ireland. What an incrediable unbiased, not to mention reliable, source to go to. Ireland has never done anything deceitful that has allowed people to question his decision making ability, just ask Jim Harbaugh and Tony Sparano.

And how do i know Philbin doesnt dictate roster moves? See signature.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Key part bolded.

Ive said it before, ill say it again: everything that happens on this team goes through Irelands desk. He is getting paid to be in charge, its time he owns up.

I agree with you on that...Ireland needs to own up. No argument there. Should have been cleaned out two years ago.

With all due respect, and not trying to start an argument, I question the idea that you, me or anyone else on here is a better talent evaluator than a professional coaching staff.

Im pretty damn sure most of the league views Davis as a better corner than Marhsall. Marshall has struggled to be a starter period in the nfl

Back
Top Bottom