How the Vontae Davis trade went down | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Vontae Davis trade went down

You make absolutley no sense....but I'll ask again. What tangible evidence do you have that supports your claim that Philbin was excluded from and had no part of this trade?

:lol: :lol:

So you suggest that my feelings were Ireland went rogue!!!!!!!!....because he did something well within his job description. I point that out and it makes no sense to you. Idea is completely alien to you. Fair enough.

The original post made it abundately clear Ireland was responsible for this trade. Which makes complete sense, as its his job. No matter how much you wish Philbin was responsible for this thing, Ireland made this trade. No amount of spinning and hedging and insulting changes that. It was he who bargained with the Colts. A conversation with his coach, telling him what was about to happen, doesnt mean Philbin took over or as you put it:

This Vontae Davis thing started when Philbin demoted him, ridiculed him on tv, and reminded him that he is expendable.

:lol:

You make absolutley no sense....but I'll ask again. What tangible evidence do you have that supports your claim that Philbin was excluded from and had no part of this trade?

I dont think Spesh's point is that Philbin was completely in the dark and excluded. I think the point is that Ireland isnt going to trade Vontae if he doesnt feel like it and if he really wants to trade Vontae, Philbin's opinion doesnt matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think Spesh's point is that Philbin was completely in the dark and excluded. I think the point is that Ireland is going to trade Vontae if he doesnt feel like it and if he really wants to trade Vontae, Philbin's opinion doesnt matter.

Also that just because Philbin might have been told about it, doesnt mean he was some key player in the process pushing the trade forward.

This was Irelands call. Every single bit of evidence has shown that. For whatever reason people keep trying to pin it on Philbin. All the logic gymnastics that people put themselves through to justify that false assumption amuses me.

So Ireland, stuck to his guns, and turned a original offer of a 5th round into a 2nd and Conditional 6th. Damn he sucks!!

No one is giving Ireland credit for NOT settling. Started out at a 6th rounder and turned it into a 2nd rounder. Props.

Wrong.

Marshall has better stats that Vontae for the last 3 years

Marshall 10 Ints > Vontae 9 Ints

Marshall 207 tackles > Vontae 127 tackles

Vontae 31 Pass defenses > Marshall 28 Pass defenses

Marshall 3 Fumble recoveries > Vontae None

Looks pretty close to even except that Marshall makes ALOT more tackles.

Some facts don't matter on Finheaven. We suck and that's it.

I think that's how most trades go down. One team calls another, then they start playing poker

If I'm Vontae, I'm insulted...I'm thinkin "you thought I was worth a 6th rounder? I was drafted in the 1st round 4 years ago"

I dont think Spesh's point is that Philbin was completely in the dark and excluded. I think the point is that Ireland isnt going to trade Vontae if he doesnt feel like it and if he really wants to trade Vontae, Philbin's opinion doesnt matter.

We all know Ireland doesnt need anyone's permission to trade, and nobody is debating who has control of personnel, but we weren't discussing that.

A few people in this thread think that this was all Ireland's doing, which it clearly wasnt, and they want to bash him for making a terrible move. That's what I have taken issue with. If you dont like that we lost Davis, then you can't just disagree with Ireland and not disagree with Philbin. This move was made by both parties. This clown refutes that by talking in circles.

This was Irelands call. Every single bit of evidence has shown that. For whatever reason people keep trying to pin it on Philbin. All the logic gymnastics that people put themselves through to justify that false assumption amuses me.

What evidence? the only evidence of anything is Ireland's interview saying it was him and Philbin's call to trade Vontae. What's really amusing is how you ignore facts.

We all know Ireland doesnt need anyone's permission to trade, and nobody is debating who has control of personnel, but we weren't discussing that.

A few people in this thread think that this was all Ireland's doing, which it clearly wasnt,
and they want to bash him for making a terrible move. That's what I have taken issue with. If you dont like that we lost Davis, then you can't just disagree with Ireland and not disagree with Philbin. This move was made by both parties. This clown refutes that by talking in circles.

We werent talking about that because i dont want us to be talking about that! This wasnt Irelands doing because i dont want it to be Irelands doing!

Absolutely hilarious. Have you checked my mind control theory yet? It would explain how none of this is Irelands fault. :lol:

Ireland would not have made the trade without Philbin's ok. Probably Coyle's too.

I lean towards your view . If not, that means our awesome new coaching staff is at the complete mercy of a guy who sits behind a desk. NOT LIKELY!!

We werent talking about that because i dont want us to be talking about that! This wasnt Irelands doing because i dont want it to be Irelands doing!

Absolutely hilarious. Have you checked my mind control theory yet? It would explain how none of this is Irelands fault. :lol:

You post this crap because you dont have any real answers. I've asked you 3 times now for your evidence that shows Ireland did this trade without the blessing of Philbin.....so, again, where is this evidence?? 4 posts later in the same thread and you still cant answer your own questions. Thats all I need to know.

Back
Top Bottom