How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

i dont care that it happened he would have never had a season like this in miami

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.

It was a good trade botttom line.

Welker wasn't going to help this team this year nor in the future.

He's a supporting cast WR bottom line and his worth is being magnified in an offense that is the most insane offense the NFL has ever had to deal with.

I'll take the young starting Center we got thanks.

Brady almost beat the Colts last year and go to the bowl with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and someone I can't even remember. The trade was good.

It was a stupid move by Cam to let him go for a second RD pick to a Div Rival. He should have slapped a First Rd pick and then some on him, and if NE wanted him that bad then pay up. In the end we did get a very good pick up in Satele.
But if I was the coach there is no way in hell that I give NE one of our best WR'S for anything less than that. I would make them pay out the Butt.

Hey you want him then you better be ready to get rid of like 2-3 picks Pansies.

There my 2 cents.

GO DOLPHINS...........#1:ponder::dolphins:

I love how people continually talk about the Welker trade, where we received a starting (and possible future pro-bowl) lineman out of the deal. But yet people don’t talk much about the Raiders trading a 4th rounder for Moss who broke the record for TD receptions in a season and is the most important piece of that offense behind Brady.

Oakland drafted John Bowie (CB from Cincinnati) with that pick. (WHO?)

Now tell me something, which made the worse move, Miami (Satele) for Welker or Oakland (Bowie) for Moss.

I understand with that move we helped New England do what they did. But I also understand that Welker would have been lucky to have ½ that production here. He is a very good player, but much of his success this year is also due to being part of a system that (as has been previously discussed) allows for him to have this success.

People who bring this up undervalue Satele and overvalue Welker if he was to have remained in Miami.

It was a stupid move by Cam to let him go for a second RD pick to a Div Rival. He should have slapped a First Rd pick and then some on him, and if NE wanted him that bad then pay up. In the end we did get a very good pick up in Satele.
But if I was the coach there is no way in hell that I give NE one of our best WR'S for anything less than that. I would make them pay out the Butt.

Hey you want him then you better be ready to get rid of like 2-3 picks Pansies.

There my 2 cents.

GO DOLPHINS...........#1:ponder::dolphins:

and then what do you if no one takes him... I'm sure paying Wes first round money to catch 40 passes would go over just swell

Peter King LOVES reminding his readers about how New England stole Welker for only a 2nd rounder. I wanna choke that fat, latte-drinking nut.

Welker was a nice player in Miami. Had he stayed in Miami, he would have remained just that, a nice player. But when you team him up with Brady, Moss and Stallworth, he'll catch 100+ balls cause he's just running quick slants versus #3 corners.

I'd make that trade again, even for a 3rd rounder!

Why do people keep saying we traded the guy to New England? New England gave him a RIDICULOUS contract offer sheet, we didn't match it because WE HAVE TOO MANY HOLES TO FILL TO INVEST SO MUCH MONEY ON A SLOT RECEIVER. IT WAS NOT A TRADE!

New England, is a powerhouse with a balanced salary cap. Our salary cap is a mess. New England doesn't have many holes to fill. They can add a luxury player like a Wes Welker and overpay him if they want to; that franchise is that "set" to make a move like that. We are not.

We didn't match the contract, we got ourselves a 2nd and a 7th round pick for Welker, which got us a franchise center [a player that will anchor our line for many years].

I'm happy for Welker's success. I don't really miss him though. It paid off well for both teams.

Its been said, anyone who thinks Welker would have looked THIS good in Miami this year is nuts. Welker catches so many balls because Moss is taking double teams deep down the field leaving Welker open with quick slants for Brady (the best QB in the leage) to hit him short.
In Miami Welker had gone about as far as he could have gone. We would have been paying him premium WR money for being a #3, taking cap space away from a team that needs it to add new elite players.

Bottom line-Welker is the perfect fit for New England in his role. He would not have been even close to putting up those numbers in Miami. Instead we have a guy who could turn out to be a pro-bowl C in the middle of our line for years and years, and we didnt destroy our cap room to do it. Welker was not, and never will be, the difference between 1-15 and 15-1. Anyone who thinks we got the raw end of this deal, or thinks we got fleeced or ripped off doesnt really understand what happened.
Yeah, if you look purely in terms of numbers, and purely in terms of this year only, we got the short end. But look even slightly beyond that and everything unfolds. Both teams made out very well in this trade, and made themselves a better team. If you want a rip off fleecing one way trade then look at Welkers teammate Moss.

Im not going to explain the poison pill on the table because I think that has been brought up enough. I have read some of your posts critizing miami foe dealing within thier own division. It is true that Minny had also made an offer for Wes too and in hindsight it might of been a better move not to give him to NE for everyone in the leauge but, when we made the deal with NE they did not have moss or stallworth signed yet so it did not appear as though Brady had an overwhelming abdundance of targets to hit. NE held thier hand very well last season and noone knew they were going to spend the kind of money they did on wr's. NE really looked like a team that time had caught up to and was begining to slip until they had that monster talent in flux in the last off season. They are riding high right now but time is catching up to them. How long can these lines play the way they have been and how long can they escape thier coaches moving on to better offers and such. NE has been blessed with unbelievable luck over the past 5-6 yrs but it cant continue much longer.

Why do people keep saying we traded the guy to New England? New England gave him a RIDICULOUS contract offer sheet, we didn't match it because WE HAVE TOO MANY HOLES TO FILL TO INVEST SO MUCH MONEY ON A SLOT RECEIVER. IT WAS NOT A TRADE!

New England, is a powerhouse with a balanced salary cap. Our salary cap is a mess. New England doesn't have many holes to fill. They can add a luxury player like a Wes Welker and overpay him if they want to; that franchise is that "set" to make a move like that. We are not.

We didn't match the contract, we got ourselves a 2nd and a 7th round pick for Welker, which got us a franchise center [a player that will anchor our line for many years].

I'm happy for Welker's success. I don't really miss him though. It paid off well for both teams.
People keep saying we traded him because, well, we traded him to New England. Had he just signed with New England, based on his RFA status and the tender offer that we made, we would only have received a 2nd rounder.

as other people say i would do it any day of the week and twice on sunday

edit...GOD its been a while i still have Daunte and Cam up on my avatar and sig.....i'll do the work and get it taken care of

Back
Top Bottom