How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

Wes would have never been half the receiver here he is in New England. In case anyone hasn't noticed we don't have a QB to throw the ball to him yet. Green? :lol: Lemon? :lol: Beck? :lol: but at least he may develop.

OMG... first I have seen YOU back...YES OH YES OH YES>..I am NOT the youngest one on the block anymore:hi5:

Good to see you Opus Maximus

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.

i have been saying this on another site and getting ripped for it...mueller tried to sneak him in at a low tender with the mentality that he came as a free agent thats all he is worth... players get better and he was a good player for us a spark plug and secondly you don't make a very good team better in your own division.

so we got satelle a lucky pick i say cause our picks and trades haven't been what one would call winners as of past few years.

mueller helped the pats to where they are rite now...doubt it if you will but all those catches welker has made won some games for them in critical spots.

bad trade i said then and say now...you keep your good players...exactly what parcells said on espn!

we lucked out on satelle...was it worth the gamble cause thats all these picks were, gambles when you had a good player already.

and jason cole and others wrote a story about how mueller tried to sneak him thru... the guy earned his money with us and we let him go? he was young and has quite a few good years left.

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

we would have had a first round pick if mueller hadn't tried to sneak him thru on a lower tender than what he was worth OR had a clue on how hot the pats were for him!
i have been saying this on another site and getting ripped for it...mueller tried to sneal him in at alow tender with the mentality that he came as afree agent thats all he is worth... players get better nad he was a good player for us a spark plug and secondly you don't make a better team better in your own division.

so we got satelle a lucky pick i say cause our picks and trades haven't been what one would call winners as of past few years.

mueller helped the pats to where they are rite now...doubt it if you will but all those catches welker has made won some games for them in critical spots.

bad trade i said then and say now...you keep your good players...exactly what parcells said on espn!

we lucked out on satelle...was it worth the gamble cause thats all these picks were, gambles when you had a good player already.

and jason cole and others wrote a story about how mueller tried to sneak him thru... the guy earned his money with us and we let him go? he was young and has years left.

Wes would have never been half the receiver here he is in New England. In case anyone hasn't noticed we don't have a QB to throw the ball to him yet. Green? :lol: Lemon? :lol: Beck? :lol: but at least he may develop.

You trying to get something going Opie!

I see where you're bullets are aiming.

You wanna' throw down man. :lol:

Just had to say it for old times sake.

Any player would be better with New England than US

So, really what's your point, then? If we hadn't traded him; then we would still have the "Dolphin's version" of Welker, not the guy who catches passes from Brady, but we wouldn't have Satele.

Facts:

We tendered Wes w/ 2nd round compensation back @ $1.3M, for anyone thinking we should have tendered him at 1st round value ($1.85M) or 1st & 3rd ($2.35M) that is just silly spilt-milk thinking.

No way, this franchise and its Cap issues at the end of 2006 and prior to 2007 season could afford those amounts if no one countered etc. Heck, if NE didnt offer him a huge deal w/that poison pill, which helped us work it all into a 2nd & 7th rounder trade pakcage, we would be hurting by carrying a slot receiver at $1.3M.

Again, getting a 2nd and 7th for Wes at the time was a great trade and come the draft turning those into Satele and Wright is incredible value.

IT WAS A GREAT MOVE. We got a frnachise center for a player who 100% would not have more than 70 reception this year.

a franchise center? that remains to be seen...

and 70 receptions on this team is pure gold... he led us last year and probably would have this year as he was the only one who ever caught the damn ball.

What does the first round pick have to do with this thread? The fact is NE was prepared to use a poison pill RFA contract to get Wes and there was nothing we could do about it. We got a 2nd and 7th round picks for a guy we picked up off the street.

see thats muellers way of thinking which cost us a first rounder...just cause a player is a free agent off the street doesn't mean his value doesn't go up when he proves his worth and welker did that and more but ran/cam saw it differently. and satelle was a gamble...you gamble when you already have a good player? not the way i play poker.

Facts:

We tendered Wes w/ 2nd round compensation back @ $1.3M, for anyone thinking we should have tendered him at 1st round value ($1.85M) or 1st & 3rd ($2.35M) that is just silly spilt-milk thinking.

No way, this franchise and its Cap issues at the end of 2006 and prior to 2007 season could afford those amounts if no one countered etc. Heck, if NE didnt offer him a huge deal w/that poison pill, which helped us work it all into a 2nd & 7th rounder trade pakcage, we would be hurting by carrying a slot receiver at $1.3M.

Again, getting a 2nd and 7th for Wes at the time was a great trade and come the draft turning those into Satele and Wright is incredible value.

Good post. I think part of what is at issue here is that not everyone understands the dynamics of the whole franchise thing.

The team waited too long to sign Wes and then he decided to take a better offer. Nobody to blame but OUR management. We did get Samson Satele in the deal but we gave up more than we got back.

Back
Top Bottom