How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.

I feel great thanks for asking

The Patriots would not be undefeated without Welker! that alone is reason enough to keep him, in more than one game Welker came up with the key 3rd down conversion that allowed them to pull it out. and on top of that you Do Not let valuable players go to division opponents! Ever!

It sucks that Wes is gone he's a damn good reciever, best the Phins had seen in a long time but the scumbag Pats hit us with a poison pill in that we would have had to pay Welker ridiculous money to keep him essentially srewing up the salary cap for years to come. We had no choice but to let him go. That was the obvious decision that had to be made.

It sucks that Wes is gone he's a damn good reciever, best the Phins had seen in a long time but the scumbag Pats hit us with a poison pill in that we would have had to pay Welker ridiculous money to keep him essentially srewing up the salary cap for years to come. We had no choice but to let him go. That was the obvious decision that had to be made.

Joey Porter 20 MILLION signing bonus.

The Patriots would not be undefeated without Welker! that alone is reason enough to keep him, in more than one game Welker came up with the key 3rd down conversion that allowed them to pull it out. and on top of that you Do Not let valuable players go to division opponents! Ever!

:shakeno:

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 but regardless you NEVER make these types of trades within your own division.

New England was getting Welker whether the trade happened or not. They had an offer sheet reportedly valued at $38.5 Million for 7 years...

We were not going to match that offer, nor was any other team.

So, the options were:
1) Get a second and make the Pats sign Welker to an outrageous contract.
or
2) Get a second and a seventh and possibly begin to get value from draft pick for a change for the 'Phins...

The right choice was made.

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.

That trade was STILL a steal. ANYBODY could put up those #s w/ the rest of the weapons NE has, he still averages just 10 yds per rec and got a good deal of his #s in garbage time when NE was running up the score. he also downgraded their return units. That was a STEAL for Miami.

Joey Porter 20 MILLION signing bonus.

It's 20 million guaranteed on a 32 Million contract for Porter. I forget the exact numbers of the poison pill for Welker but it was far greater than that somewhere around 40 million if I remember correctly.

That trade was STILL a steal. ANYBODY could put up those #s w/ the rest of the weapons NE has, he still averages just 10 yds per rec and got a good deal of his #s in garbage time when NE was running up the score. he also downgraded their return units. That was a STEAL for Miami.

This is one of the few times I have actually agreed with you.....

glad he is gone really, he seems to fit right in with that bunch of smug *******s, remember how he secretly longed to be on there team, GOOD F'IN RIDDANCE.

Personally I don't think he would put up those numbers with any other team in the NFL, especially us last season. With all the weapons on NE he gets a lot of good match ups and is able to take those chances to make plays.

So I'm glad we have Satele to anchor our line for the next 10 years.

Welker would have been solid here, but not great...our offensive surroundings allow NOBODY to be great, but hopefully all that will change.

glad he is gone really, he seems to fit right in with that bunch of smug *******s, remember how he secretly longed to be on there team, GOOD F'IN RIDDANCE.
If I remember correctly, Jason Taylor had some fond words for the Pats and Belichick too. Just sayin, is all.

Back
Top Bottom